It’s Official: 2012 Deficit Was $1.087T; $1T+ All 4 Yrs of Obama’s - See more at: htt

sure, Russh. the deficit will be down to 700 billion this year, with extra people on UE and welfare costing 400 billion- how much is that over 5 years.... Stop blocking a recovery with the phoney crises and blocking a jobs act.. Reagan tripled the debt, Boosh doubled it and you loved it, ya brainwashed fool. With one dumb solution for everything...

I love how Republicans gridlock Congress and then gloat that a budget can't be passed

stupid Obama never passed a budget

I love how Republicans gridlock Congress and then gloat that a budget can't be passed

you obviously have no idea how the federal budget process works. The house has passed a budget bill every year of obama's regime. Reid has not let a single one be discussed or voted on in the senate, he has not allowed a house/senate conference committee on any house-passed budget bill.

the gridlock rests solely on the scrawny shoulders of dingy harry reid.

sure, Russh. the deficit will be down to 700 billion this year, with extra people on UE and welfare costing 400 billion- how much is that over 5 years.... Stop blocking a recovery with the phoney crises and blocking a jobs act.. Reagan tripled the debt, Boosh doubled it and you loved it, ya brainwashed fool. With one dumb solution for everything...

damn! stop lying. The national debt will be larger at the end of this year than it was at the end of last year----by around 1 trillion dollars.

The rate of increase will be slightly less, but we are still spending 1 trillion more than we are taking in. Why else would the fools in congress keep raising the debt ceiling?

Do you silly dem/libs and rinos think this can go on forever? What happens when the debt is 50 trillion and paying the interest takes the entire revenue of the government?

you obviously have no idea how the federal budget process works. The house has passed a budget bill every year of obama's regime. Reid has not let a single one be discussed or voted on in the senate, he has not allowed a house/senate conference committee on any house-passed budget bill.

Keep telling yourself that and maybe someone might believe you

Republicans have gridlocked Congress and gloat over the fact that we have a Do Nothing Congress. Republicans pass their "Kill Obamacare" budgets and then whine that they get nowhere
Republicans simultaneously force meaningless bills through the House while they filibuster Senate bills

As a result we have the most inept Congress in History and republicans celebrate

Republicans have gridlocked Congress and gloat over the fact that we have a Do Nothing Congress. Republicans pass their "Kill Obamacare" budgets and then whine that they get nowhere
Republicans simultaneously force meaningless bills through the House while they filibuster Senate bills

As a result we have the most inept Congress in History and republicans celebrate

seems to me that the celebrating has all been on your side of the aisle. As long as there is no budget Obozo can rule by dictate.

BTW, what gives him the right to delay implementation of part of the ACA? What gives him the right to waive it for congress, the administration, and his big business cronies?

What gives him the right to ignore the provisions of a bill that he signed into law?

seems to me that the celebrating has all been on your side of the aisle. As long as there is no budget Obozo can rule by dictate.

BTW, what gives him the right to delay implementation of part of the ACA? What gives him the right to waive it for congress, the administration, and his big business cronies?

What gives him the right to ignore the provisions of a bill that he signed into law?

Republicans filibuster every significant piece of legislation in the Senate yet expect their "kill Obamacare" budgets to be voted on

Bizzaro world

Republicans filibuster every significant piece of legislation in the Senate yet expect their "kill Obamacare" budgets to be voted on

Bizzaro world

the repeal obamacare votes have been separate from budget bills until now. The next one MAY fund all govt functions except obamacare. None of the other budget bills did that.

But, again, why hasn't Reid allowed senate debate on even one of the house passed budget bills? the only budget vote in the senate was on an obama budget that was voted down in the senate 98-1.

Reid is the gridlock, he has been for 5 years. Is he afraid that the senate might pass a budget and then obozo would have to veto it? WTF?

Power of the Purse | US House of Representatives: History, Art & Archives

“All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with amendments as on other Bills.”
— U.S. Constitution, Article I, section 7, clause 1

“No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.”
— U.S. Constitution, Article I, section 9, clause 7

Congress—and in particular, the House of Representatives—is invested with the “power of the purse,” the ability to tax and spend public money for the national government. Massachusetts’ Elbridge Gerry said at the Federal Constitutional Convention that the House “was more immediately the representatives of the people, and it was a maxim that the people ought to hold the purse-strings.”

The power of the purse was talked about by the Founding Fathers. They said it was a tool to be used when Government gets out of control. A USEFUL TOOL OF THE PEOPLE.

The People's house has a majority of Republicans. State Legislatures are majority Republican now. The people don't agree with the policies of Obama.

So why not USE THE POWER OF THE PURSE to reign in out of control spending, or legislation the people don't agree with............................

BTW The people don't like Obamacare, but the left keeps saying they'll like it later. It's for their own good. Yet the LEFT SAYS THEY REPRESENT THE PEOPLE.

How so................When 60% don't like the ACA.

Labor Leader: Obamacare 'Needs To Be Repealed' If Union Demands Aren't Met - Forbes

This week, in Los Angeles, leaders of the nation’s labor union movement gathered together for the AFL-CIO’s annual convention. Along with the usual sessions on ‘political action,’ ‘solidarity’ and the like, union leaders shared their concerns about the impact of Obamacare on union-sponsored health insurance plans. Terence O’Sullivan, president of the Laborers’ International Union of North America, said, “If the Affordable Care Act is not fixed, and it destroys the health and welfare funds that we have fought for and stand for, then I believe it needs to be repealed.”

comment

The Unions are turning on the Dems against Obamacare.

right, and as the debt gets larger the interest payments get larger. you do realize that we are ONLY paying the interest on the debt, nothing on the principal, right?

Do you libs think this can go on forever? Every time congress increases the debt ceiling, the problem gets worse. Why do you dem/libs support increasing the debt ceiling?

If you don't raise the debt ceiling, approximately 1/3 (at least) of all federal government spending has to stop.

Show us how you would make those cuts.

How about a 33% across the board cut to all government agencies? All of them, every fricken one.

What would you do if your household expenses exceeded your income by 33% ?

If you don't like that then lets do away with the: dept of energy, EPA, dept of education, NPR, cut congressional salaries and benefits by half, cut congressional staffs by half, eliminate farm subsidies, eliminate all energy subsidies, close all foreign bases unless the host country pays the entire bil, eliminate all foreign aid, repeal obamacare, make all able bodied people work for welfare and food stamps

And how many Republicans will vote for a 33% cut in the defense budget?

If you don't raise the debt ceiling, approximately 1/3 (at least) of all federal government spending has to stop.

Show us how you would make those cuts.

How about a 33% across the board cut to all government agencies? All of them, every fricken one.

If you don't like that then lets do away with the: dept of energy, EPA, dept of education, NPR, cut congressional salaries and benefits by half, cut congressional staffs by half, eliminate farm subsidies, eliminate all energy subsidies, close all foreign bases unless the host country pays the entire bil, eliminate all foreign aid, repeal obamacare, make all able bodied people work for welfare and food stamps

I don't know, how many dems would vote for it?

You asked for a solution, I gave you an easy one. What's your solution? tax the evil rich?

1.6 trillion of the spending of the last 4 years was interest on the debt.

right, and as the debt gets larger the interest payments get larger. you do realize that we are ONLY paying the interest on the debt, nothing on the principal, right?

Do you libs think this can go on forever? Every time congress increases the debt ceiling, the problem gets worse. Why do you dem/libs support increasing the debt ceiling?

Adjusted for inflation, federal government spending PEAKED in FY 2009 (note that FY 2009 includes 3 months of 2008)

and has been lower than that peak year ever since.

No Republican president since Eisenhower has numbers like that.

That only works when you completely disregard the fact that the government increased spending damn near 20% in 2009 in what was supposed to be temporary spending in order to combat the coming crash. I notice that every single bullshit comparison ALWAYS rests on 2009n because the left here is being completely dishonest about what happened that year.

It is asinine to demand that the year that we authorized damn near a trillion dollars to be used for bank bailouts is somehow the benchmark for Obamas base spending. That is completely dishonest. They also leave out the fact that it was the left calling for most of that spending as well.

Obama has spent more than anyone previous by a pretty large margin – that is a simply fact.

Adjusted for inflation, federal government spending PEAKED in FY 2009 (note that FY 2009 includes 3 months of 2008)

That only works when you completely disregard the fact that the government increased spending damn near 20% in 2009 in what was supposed to be temporary spending in order to combat the coming crash. I notice that every single bullshit comparison ALWAYS rests on 2009n because the left here is being completely dishonest about what happened that year.

It is asinine to demand that the year that we authorized damn near a trillion dollars to be used for bank bailouts is somehow the benchmark for Obamas base spending. That is completely dishonest. They also leave out the fact that it was the left calling for most of that spending as well.

Obama has spent more than anyone previous by a pretty large margin – that is a simply fact.

very well stated. I tried to rep you but it would not let me :confused:

You asked for a solution, I gave you an easy one. What's your solution? tax the evil rich?

A solution that is politically impossible to implement is not an easy solution. It's not a solution at all.

My solution is the same it's always been. Reinstate PAYGO, that worked in the nineties, and let the country grow out of the deficit.

The GOP House passes budgets without any Democratic input that contain poison pills making them dead in the water
Starting your budget with "Repeal Obamacare" is not a workable budget
Reid is under no obligation to consider a budget that is a waste of the Senates time

Bullshit. Thats why they have a conference committee, to work out the differences and come up with a bill that both sides agree on-------its been working that way since 1776.

Why hasn't Reid allowed a vote on any house passed budget? Was he afraid one might pass?

your argument has no merit. A huge senage vote against a house budget bill would be a victory for the dems and obama. But no, Reid has not allowed any votes, why?

Why should Reid waste the Senates time?
They have filibustering to do

Because the senate always has the option of changing the actual bill that is sent to it even to the point of gutting the entire thing and sending back to the house. You do realize that is how most bills are actually passed – they are changed in the other house and set back to the originator as very few bills are worked out in order to pass BOTH legislative bodies at the onset.

The simple truth here is that the democrats simply DO NOT want to write down what they are trying to do. That would hold them accountable to the asinine spending that they are allowing to continue on. They are attempting to shift the blame completely over to the right (and they apparently are successful with those like you) because they at least have the temerity to write it down and make it record. The left refuses to do the same and you give them a pass because… well… I guess simply because they are the left. The hackery is showing through.

You can t even start trying to work together if one side does not even bother to bring something to the damn table in the first place. I KNOW that you can point out examples where the right has done that very thing but for some reason when the left does it you still blame it on the right. Imagine that.

And they leave out the fact that Obama put the wars on-budget, when Bush had been hiding that spending.

Why didn't you mention that in your made-up calculations?

A solution that is politically impossible to implement is not an easy solution. It's not a solution at all.

My solution is the same it's always been. Reinstate PAYGO, that worked in the nineties, and let the country grow out of the deficit.

works for me. have you written to your congressmen and senators? have you written to obama?

for the record however, we did not reduce the debt in the 90s. the rate of growth was slowed but nothing was paid down on the debt.

there are only two solutions---------reduce spending or increase revenue. I favor reducing spending, how about you?

Democrats are authorized to pass a budget?

Who do you think is to blame for the lack of progress in the senate?

Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.) confirmed Thursday that she will seek the chairmanship of the Senate Budget Committee next year but told The Hill that she cannot commit to doing a budget.

This opens up the possibility that Senate Democrats will avoiding passing a budget resolution for the fourth year in a row. The last time the Senate passed a standalone budget resolution was in 2009.

Murray: Can't guarantee 2014 budget - The Hill's On The Money

Do you seriously believe this Congress is capable of agreeing to a budget?

Want to talk about sequester?

Don’t care. I only know that it is impossible if they don’t even bother to try and sickening that anyone here is willing to give them or anyone a pass for quitting before it is even attempted.

It does not matter if everyone thinks that it cannot happen as the ONLY way to guarantee that it does not is to not even try. I would not accept such asinine behavior from my 6 year old child; why are we allowing such from our elected reps?

Forum List

Back