It says in the contract that passengers can be bumped from overbooked flights

The ambulance chaser whines about frivolous lawsuits. Fucking classic. lol
Sounds like you're stereotyping me. How would you like it if I assumed you were an interior decorator or a hairdresser?

You're a personal injury lawyer now, no?

8262d7c3736ec2236f9cbb2da81ebe28.gif
We don't chase ambulances, we don't take bad cases, and just this week we dropped a case because the client fell down the stairs because he was texting on his cellphone, which is NOT what he originally told us.

The thing about leaving a couple of seats empty is to make them available for either other employees needing a quick flight or even for emergency flights...both incidences happen all the time. I'm sure a couple of designated empty seats aren't going to break the bank.

"the fine print" may say they are allowed to remove a paying customer with an assigned seat that he's sitting in already....

But it does not say you can bloody his nose and break his teeth and damage his sinus cavity, to do so.

United did not even offer their top dollar cap, to get customers to volunteer before they chose to drag him off....

The so called Friendly Skies Airline is in a world of trouble....as they should be.

He will get nowhere with his frivolous lawsuit. United was within their rights to bump him from the flight. He broke the law when he refused to leave the plane, and broke the law again when he resisted arrest. United should prosecute him for trespassing.
Hide and watch sweetheart!

it's very hard to believe you are a lawyer or even work in a lawyer's office.

"the fine print" may say they are allowed to remove a paying customer with an assigned seat that he's sitting in already....

But it does not say you can bloody his nose and break his teeth and damage his sinus cavity, to do so.

United did not even offer their top dollar cap, to get customers to volunteer before they chose to drag him off....

The so called Friendly Skies Airline is in a world of trouble....as they should be.

Well.... yeah... but United didn't bloody his nose and break his teeth and damage his sinus cavity.

The police did, when he refused to move when the officers of the law, told him to get up, and move off the plane.

The moment a police officer tells you to do something, and you refuse.... You lose all my support.

The police officer is the authority. Americans used to have a respect for authority. Parents should teach their kids to respect for authority.

Because I guarantee if I got into this guys house and started cussing a fuss, he'd demand I respect his authority over his home, and wouldn't shed a tear if I got beat up while being removed from his home.

Well... that's not his plane. He doesn't own jack. So up to that point, I'm all on his side, and United sucks, and that was idiotic.

But the moment the police showed up and said he must leave.... he should have shut up, grabbed his crap, and left. No, you deserve what you get when you refuse to obey a police officer. Absolutely. No sympathy whatsoever.

oh, and his wife who was also on the plane, should sue for the stress she had to go through as well, if she truly was on the plane as was being reported.

oh, and his wife who was also on the plane, should sue for the stress she had to go through as well, if she truly was on the plane as was being reported.

The "stress" was caused by him. She should sue her husband.

Well.... yeah... but United didn't bloody his nose and break his teeth and damage his sinus cavity.

The police did, when he refused to move when the officers of the law, told him to get up, and move off the plane.

The moment a police officer tells you to do something, and you refuse.... You lose all my support.

The police officer is the authority. Americans used to have a respect for authority. Parents should teach their kids to respect for authority.

Because I guarantee if I got into this guys house and started cussing a fuss, he'd demand I respect his authority over his home, and wouldn't shed a tear if I got beat up while being removed from his home.

Well... that's not his plane. He doesn't own jack. So up to that point, I'm all on his side, and United sucks, and that was idiotic.

But the moment the police showed up and said he must leave.... he should have shut up, grabbed his crap, and left. No, you deserve what you get when you refuse to obey a police officer. Absolutely. No sympathy whatsoever.
They WERE NOT the Police. They were told by the Police to not wear those jackets they were wearing that said Police....but continued to use them.

United did not offer the maximum amount they could offer to get a passenger to give up their seat....that's United's FAULT.

The security they called would never had been called if they had upped the payoff to give up ones seat....and gotten a taker.

And families flying together should NOT be broken up by force either...

they also did not point out the fine print and explained it all to the man....this aggravated the situation even more.

They WERE NOT the Police. They were told by the Police to not wear those jackets they were wearing that said Police....but continued to use them.

OH... The story I read, said airport security. That to me.... is police. Now if they were not police (security), ok that's new information I didn't know. Are you saying Delta non-security personnel did this? I can't see flight attendance, or luggage handlers doing this.

The "stress" was caused by him. She should sue her husband.
good luck!

You know you are wrong and you know what you "think" will happen or should happen will NEVER happen.

Don't get me wrong. As I have said numerous times, I think United should not have done this. I think no airline should ever let people on the plane... then try and remove them.

I've said that from the start.

But I don't care if the family is on the plane or not... if a police officer orders you off....... YOU GET OFF.

If they were not security or police.... then I don't get it. But if it was an officer, or security... YOU.... GET.... OFF. Period. No arguing. No complaining. No nothing. GET OFF.

Personally I think all airlines should leave a few seats unbooked....just for incidences like this.
No, they are not required to cut into their profit margin to placate the feelings of unsavory characters who can't honor their contracts.
United's attempt to maximize profits backfired significantly.

Poor United. SAD!

I have no problem with them maximizing profits. The method though.... yeah that's a problem.

Personally I think all airlines should leave a few seats unbooked....just for incidences like this.
No, they are not required to cut into their profit margin to placate the feelings of unsavory characters who can't honor their contracts.

Actually they were losing money...the DR was a paid passenger that was being bumped by other airline employees.

How much money would they have lost by having to cancel the next morning's flight that would not have a crew?

Forum List

Back