it wasn't a bow.............

why would i bow to either
neither Queen Elizabeth nor King Faud are royalty to me
i have no king or queen
and a POTUS is their equal in standing

No one has yet proved that bowing in greeting indicates a lesser standing.

To return to a point I was making earlier, if you weren't so self-conscious about the U.S.'s standing in the world, you wouldn't be concerned with merely courteous gestures.

As I said then, the greatest nation on the earth can afford to be gracious. If you don't believe we can afford to be gracious, perhaps you are worried that we're not the greatest nation on earth?

And, if so, why do you think that?
protocols, moron

Obviously, none were violated.

yet here you are, posting again
:lol: ...

I enjoy laughing!
good, do you also enjoy being laughed AT

cause thats what your getting

was this a MAJOR fuck up? no

was it a fuck up at all? YES

pointing out a fuck up doesnt mean anyone is scared
only a fucking moron would say that

No one in the world is calling it anything -- no one, that is, besides U.S. conservatives.

Shouldn't that tell you something?

I enjoy laughing!

No one in the world is calling it anything -- no one, that is, besides U.S. conservatives.

so not one single person other than us conservatives think that a. he bowed and b. if he did he shouldn't have.....

then why are you so worried about it?
if it was no big deal, a normal person would ignore it
but you havent

From wherever did you get the impression I'm "worried about it"?! As I've already told you, I'm laughing!

It is "no big deal," and you are correct: "a normal person would ignore it," "it" being a simple bow of greeting.
yet here you are, posting again

If you only knew the half of it Dive Con. :(

No one has yet proved that bowing in greeting indicates a lesser standing.

According to the link its kissing the hand that shows respect. I was always taught to respect my elders which I also teach my children and by respecting them you are setting them at a high standard than you ... fellow man/woman or what have you....QUOTE]

Respecting someone or something doesn't require "setting them at a high standard than you." Respect conveys courteous appreciation. That is applicable to one's equals.

so not one single person other than us conservatives think that a. he bowed and b. if he did he shouldn't have.....

It's not a topic of discussion elsewhere. Most of the foreign press articles on the meeting do include a reference to the tempest in a tarradiddle teapot created by U.S. conservatives.

Respecting someone or something doesn't require "setting them at a high standard than you." Respect conveys courteous appreciation. That is applicable to one's equals.

so obama bowed to indicate his respect and appreciation for the king of saudi and to convey that they are equals......

is that your contention.........

It's not a topic of discussion elsewhere. Most of the foreign press articles on the meeting do include a reference to the tempest in a tarradiddle teapot created by U.S. conservatives.

so if the foreign press says something you agree with them.....the foreign press in china and france and germany said obama is passing out too much money.....so i imagine you agree and think obama is doing a bad job then.....

so if the foreign press says something you agree with them.....the foreign press in china and france and germany said obama is passing out too much money.....so i imagine you agree and think obama is doing a bad job then.....

It's not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing with the commentary of the foreign press. The point is that the foreign press isn't even discussing the greeting. If, as you point out, the foreign press isn't reluctant to weigh in on, for example, U.S. foreign aid, if there were anything to the hysteria of U.S. conservatives over the greeting, the foreign press would no doubt be discussing it, too. They aren't. And, as I said, that should tell you something.

so obama bowed to indicate his respect and appreciation for the king of saudi and to convey that they are equals......

They are both heads of state.

So you can stop giving them head now, okay?:eusa_shhh:

why do you think he chose to bow to only this head of state in this particular manner......

I enjoy laughing!

thats not true, i already linked you to an asian news story about it

why do you think he chose to bow to only this head of state in this particular manner......

Running around the Internet is this response: "The U.S. State Department's office of protocol, in a statement attributed to acting chief of protocol Gladys Blouda, confirmed the type of greeting between heads of state depends on the customs of the countries."

Since that quote may have emanated from WorldNutDaily, I certainly wouldn't swear to its accuracy, but I do think it's reasonable to assume that observing courtesies that are the customs of particular countries is not a violation of protocol.

thats not true, i already linked you to an asian news story about it

That Asia Times article is discussing U.S. conservatives discussing it, as I have already pointed out. That same article can be found on other foreign news sites and it pertains mostly to issues of significance between the two nations.

The only mention of the greeting is "United -States President Barack Obama was caught on camera by journalists on Wednesday bowing in deference to Saudi King Abdullah as he greeted him at the opening of the G20 meeting in London, prior to being photographed with British royalty.... The meeting created a storm of debate, primarily among American conservatives, when pictures and a video were released that appeared to show Obama bowing to the Saudi monarch at the G20 photo-op."

Why are you repeating already refuted points?

Running around the Internet is this response: "The U.S. State Department's office of protocol, in a statement attributed to acting chief of protocol Gladys Blouda, confirmed the type of greeting between heads of state depends on the customs of the countries."

Since that quote may have emanated from WorldNutDaily, I certainly wouldn't swear to its accuracy, but I do think it's reasonable to assume that observing courtesies that are the customs of particular countries is not a violation of protocol.

thank you i am aware of the state departments rules of protocol .....

I think Obama should not have bowed. I think he should have kissed Abdullah and held his hand.....and then bent over and taken it up the Hershey highway like Bush did....all in the name of OIL!!

I think Obama should not have bowed. I think he should have kissed Abdullah and held his hand.....and then bent over and taken it up the Hershey highway like Bush did....all in the name of OIL!!
please seek out help for your ABDS
the man isnt in office anymore and you guys won, start acting like it

why do you justify bad behaviour with bad behaviour.....

Forum List

Back