it wasn't a bow.............

why do you think he chose to bow to only this head of state in this particular manner......

Running around the Internet is this response: "The U.S. State Department's office of protocol, in a statement attributed to acting chief of protocol Gladys Blouda, confirmed the type of greeting between heads of state depends on the customs of the countries."

Since that quote may have emanated from WorldNutDaily, I certainly wouldn't swear to its accuracy, but I do think it's reasonable to assume that observing courtesies that are the customs of particular countries is not a violation of protocol.

thank you i am aware of the state departments rules of protocol .....

why do you think he chose to bow to only this head of state in this particular manner......
oh, she doesnt care
yet she is the top poster in this thread with 52 posts
but she doesnt care at all, not even one bit

:lol:

Running around the Internet is this response: "The U.S. State Department's office of protocol, in a statement attributed to acting chief of protocol Gladys Blouda, confirmed the type of greeting between heads of state depends on the customs of the countries."

Since that quote may have emanated from WorldNutDaily, I certainly wouldn't swear to its accuracy, but I do think it's reasonable to assume that observing courtesies that are the customs of particular countries is not a violation of protocol.

oh, she doesnt care

she is a bow troofer............

??? Did you not read my response?

can you show proof of any other head of state bowing to King Faud?

yep......doesn't answer the question.....he greeted other royalty and didn't bow in the same manner....only this guy.....why....

The White House is denying that the president bowed to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia at a G-20 meeting in London, a scene that drew criticism on the right and praise from some Arab outlets.

"It wasn't a bow. He grasped his hand with two hands, and he's taller than King Abdullah," said an Obama aide, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Ben Smith's Blog: White House: No bow to Saudi - POLITICO.com

too funny.......

I don't think anyone cares, except for Rush Limbaugh fans.

But, you should check out those photos of Bush french kissing and holding hands with the saudi king. Hilarious!

I am a Limbaugh fan but it is a great point, people should see Bush kiss and hold hands with the Suadi king, the relevance being that from Bush sr, to Clinton, to Bush, to Obama we have president after president appeasing the arabs.

The payoff for the presidents, Bill Clinton shows the payoff is over 100,000,000$ made since leaving office.

Lets watch how much Bush makes.

I am sure Obama is counting the days until he gets out of office.

Of course we could be missing the point that Obama is either a good Muslem bowing out of submission so the entire Moslem world can see or Obama is wearing two faces depending on whos watching.

At this point the media coverage allows the media to ignore more important stories like how Obama is failing as a president. Obama is not putting Americans first. It seems Obama is treating us like we are the problem and he is embrassed by the people he represents.

The White House is denying that the president bowed to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia at a G-20 meeting in London, a scene that drew criticism on the right and praise from some Arab outlets.

"It wasn't a bow. He grasped his hand with two hands, and he's taller than King Abdullah," said an Obama aide, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Ben Smith's Blog: White House: No bow to Saudi - POLITICO.com

too funny.......

I don't think anyone cares, except for Rush Limbaugh fans.

But, you should check out those photos of Bush french kissing and holding hands with the saudi king. Hilarious!

I am a Limbaugh fan but it is a great point, people should see Bush kiss and hold hands with the Suadi king, the relevance being that from Bush sr, to Clinton, to Bush, to Obama we have president after president appeasing the arabs.

The payoff for the presidents, Bill Clinton shows the payoff is over 100,000,000$ made since leaving office.

Lets watch how much Bush makes.

I am sure Obama is counting the days until he gets out of office.

Of course we could be missing the point that Obama is either a good Muslem bowing out of submission so the entire Moslem world can see or Obama is wearing two faces depending on whos watching.

At this point the media coverage allows the media to ignore more important stories like how Obama is failing as a president. Obama is not putting Americans first. It seems Obama is treating us like we are the problem and he is embrassed by the people he represents.

o-bow-ma theme song
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl3vxEudif8&feature=related]YouTube - david bowie - changes[/ame]

yep......doesn't answer the question.....he greeted other royalty and didn't bow in the same manner....only this guy.....why....

All royalty aren't alike. They aren't from the same countries. Their roles are different. The customs of their various countries aren't the same.

All royalty aren't alike. They aren't from the same countries. Their roles are different. The customs of their various countries aren't the same.
please show photos of other heads of state bowing to heads of state

anyone
and i dont mean Japanese where they great each other with a mutual bow

you do know that all royalty is bowed to......you do know the deeper the bow the greater the sign of respect....it is up to the person bowing to show the correct amount of respect given their station relative to whom they are bowing to....

oh, she doesnt care

I said that I don't care whether or not what he did is considered a bow.

And, so far, no one has demonstrated that it actually does make any difference.

oh, she doesnt care

I said that I don't care whether or not what he did is considered a bow.

And, so far, no one has demonstrated that it actually does make any difference.

everything one does makes a difference.....

anyone

Why does anyone care what other heads of state did, unless they are, as I've already suggested, overly self-conscious about America's place in the world?

Do you not believe that the U.S. is the greatest nation on earth? And that, as the greatest nation, we can afford to be gracious?

anyone

Why does anyone care what other heads of state did, unless they are, as I've already suggested, overly self-conscious about America's place in the world?

Do you not believe that the U.S. is the greatest nation on earth? And that, as the greatest nation, we can afford to be gracious?

of course we can.....why did obama choose to be more gracious to a saudi king than to an english queen.....the depth of a bow means things......i get that you want to claim it wasn't a bow and that things words and deeds don't mean things but they do.....

anyone

of course we can.....why did obama choose to be more gracious to a saudi king than to an english queen.....the depth of a bow means things......i get that you want to claim it wasn't a bow and that things words and deeds don't mean things but they do.....

Apparently, the "depth of a bow" means a lot to U.S. conservatives.

Obama's greeting, however, means nothing to the rest of the world.

anyone

It sure looked like a bow to me. I don't see it as America bowing down to Saudi Arabia though. It's more like, "Hi, we're going to change our relations with the Middle East just as promised. I'm not an arrogant oil man like my predecessor."

Apparently, the "depth of a bow" means a lot to U.S. conservatives.

Obama's greeting, however, means nothing to the rest of the world.

so it was a meaningless gesture and no one including the king and any of the kings subjects or even obama for that matter care.....

Forum List

Back