it wasn't a bow.............

what other leader did obama bow to?

he did the head bob to the queen.....full bow tho the king and shook hands with the rest....

i was trying to get the folks who don't see this as a big deal to think about that fact....and as you rightly pointed out, he knows exactly what he is doing...slight head bob to the queen and then a full bow to a muslim king....and no bow to anyone else...

if it is no big deal, why the need for a full bow to a muslim king?

he did the head bob to the queen.....full bow tho the king and shook hands with the rest....

i was trying to get the folks who don't see this as a big deal to think about that fact....and as you rightly pointed out, he knows exactly what he is doing...slight head bob to the queen and then a full bow to a muslim king....and no bow to anyone else...

Once again-it wasn't a "bow to a Muslim king" in the context that you're attempting to misrepresent it in.
It was simply a sign of respectful affection-without getting all "gooey" and intimate the way former President Bush enjoyed doing.

Concerned about how this makes us look in the Muslim world?

Obama lived part of his childhood in Indonesia and in his meeting with the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques attempted to evoke this. For bowing is an expression of affection in Indonesian culture and in East Asia in general. And so Obama wished to demonstrate his respect and appreciation of the personality of King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz, who has made one of the most important calls in the modern era, namely the call for inter-faith and inter-cultural dialogue to defuse the hatred, conflict and wars. And so the American right-wing –and the media which is sympathetic towards them- is reading too much into Obama's bow.

In truth, Obama and his wife Michelle have won over the European press with their charisma, spontaneity, and intelligence, since their arrival in London prior to the G20 Summit. Never have the European press been so enamored of an American President and his wife in the way that they were towards Obama and his wife Michelle. They stood in the spot-light and attained the same level of admiration as experienced by former US President John F. Kennedy, and his wife Jackie. But there is a price for this level of stardom, and it certainly raises the ire of those that dislike them, and draws the eyes of those that lie in wait.

It appears to me that the only people making us look bad to the Muslims are the morons who are trying to make such a big deal about all of this so-called bowing business...:dig:

Dud....

if it wasnt a bow and i am misinterpreting it....

then answer the question:

did he bow like this to any other leader?

he did a head bow or nod to the queen....but a full waist bow to a muslim king.....

what say you....and NOT your muslim source and EVEN your muslim source called it a bow

what say YOU

Last edited:
...what say YOU

I already said it multiple posts ago:
It looked like a gesture of friendly respect without any slobbering or ass-kissing, from what I saw.
And as I just said in my last post:
It was simply a sign of respectful affection-without getting all "gooey" and intimate the way former President Bush enjoyed doing.

Whereas YOU previously stated, "obama just openly gave authority to the king of SA...."
He did no such thing-you misrepresented his actions, and you've been corrected.
What part aren't you understanding?

my president is bowing to the leader of saudi arabia......the country where most of the 911 scum came from.....the country that treats women as second class citizens....the country that gouges us for the price of oil......the country that obl said our presence in caused him to declare war on the us and attack us multiple times.....

nah this is really no big deal......can't wait for him to show the same respect to the iranian twit......

my president is bowing to the leader of saudi arabia......the country where most of the 911 scum came from.....the country that treats women as second class citizens....the country that gouges us for the price of oil......the country that obl said our presence in caused him to declare war on the us and attack us multiple times.....

nah this is really no big deal......can't wait for him to show the same respect to the iranian twit......

You are right: "This is really no big deal." Sorry it took so many posts to demonstrate that to you scared little people.

You are right: "This is really no big deal." Sorry it took so many posts to demonstrate that to you scared little people.
no one is scared, you MORON
you just dont understand the issue and you've shown that over and over

You ARE scared. The very fact that you claim that I "just don't understand the issue" proves it.

What has been at issue on this thread? Well, once we established that, no, the White House isn't lying about it, and, no, the legitimate press isn't talking about it, we're left with:

"bowing is a symbol of subservience"

"It shows that he's weak"

"sign of submission"

"it's just not done"

"Obama just openly gave authority to the king"

You people are scared. You're scared that, if the president bows in a gesture you refuse to recognize as simple respect, the U.S. won't look big and tough enough to put fear in the eyes of the world.

You people are in for a loooooong eight years. I know you're going to miss the insincere boasts ("dead or alive"), injudicious threats ("bring 'em on"), and fallacious pronouncements ("Mission Accomplished").

They sounded big. They sounded tough.

They weren't worth two cents.

But they were what you wanted to hear.

You ARE scared. The very fact that you claim that I "just don't understand the issue" proves it.

What has been at issue on this thread? Well, once we established that, no, the White House isn't lying about it, and, no, the legitimate press isn't talking about it, we're left with:

"sign of submission"

"it's just not done"

You people are scared. You're scared that, if the president bows in a gesture you refuse to recognize as simple respect, the U.S. won't look big and tough enough to put fear in the eyes of the world.

You people are in for a loooooong eight years. I know you're going to miss the insincere boasts ("dead or alive"), injudicious threats ("bring 'em on"), and fallacious pronouncements ("Mission Accomplished").

please, seek out professional help for your ABDS
you are fucking NUTS

"sign of submission"

"it's just not done"

you are fucking NUTS

I'm not nuts. I'm not the one bent out of shape over a non-event.

"sign of submission"

"it's just not done"

you are fucking NUTS

you have ABDS, seek out help, seriously, he isnt in office anymore

and, you most certainly ARE bent out of shape, the rest of us are laughing our asses off at how fucking stupid this guy you worship is

and you guys thought Bush was bad
:lol:

Last edited:
you are fucking NUTS

and, you most certainly ARE bent out of shape, the rest of us are laughing our asses off at how fucking stupid this guy you worship is

I'm bent out of shape? I'm not the one who thinks the president just openly gave authority to the king or who believes that bowing in greeting is a sign of submission or just thinks "it's not done."

Who cares? Why are you people so bent out of shape over it? Have y'all not noticed that you're the only ones making a big deal over a non-event?

hmmm....bow at the waist....

prayingny.jpg

for all those that whine about bush and kissing and hugging.....

do you admit that obama was ignorant of you having an issue with that?

do you admit that obama knew that, and decided bowing all the way at the waist was better than bush?

I'm bent out of shape? I'm not the one who thinks the president just openly gave authority to the king or who believes that bowing in greeting is a sign of submission or just thinks "it's not done."

Who cares? Why are you people so bent out of shape over it? Have y'all not noticed that you're the only ones making a big deal over a non-event?
again, if you didnt care, you wouldnt be posting in this thread
i say he bowed and he shouldnt have
has nothing to do with authority because nothing he can do would give him the power to violate the constitution
but you dont even see the problem with ANY POTUS bowing before royalty, but i'm sure if Bush had done it, YOU would be right there to be critical
you are as bad a partisan fucking hack as sealybobo and chris/kirky

has nothing to do with authority because nothing he can do would give him the power to violate the constitution
but you dont even see the problem with ANY POTUS bowing before royalty, but i'm sure if Bush had done it, YOU would be right there to be critical

You're sure that had Bush done it, I'd have been critical? Now, how in the world do you figure that? I've just said a jillion times IT DOESN'T MATTER. There is nothing wrong with any president bowing in greeting.

As I've also said a jillion times, you are making an issue out of absolutely nothing.

You're sure that had Bush done it, I'd have been critical? Now, how in the world do you figure that? I've just said a jillion times IT DOESN'T MATTER. There is nothing wrong with any president bowing in greeting.

As I've also said a jillion times, you are making an issue out of absolutely nothing.
yeah sure
i wonder if any of your buddies would admit how you reacted to stupid things Bush did
LOL
i think you are a liar and if Bush had done it you would find fault

i can tell you i would have, i would say the exact same thing

yeah sure
i wonder if any of your buddies would admit how you reacted to stupid things Bush did
LOL

You "think" I'm a liar but, of course, you don't know.

That is typical for this thread: inventing stuff, then arguing it to death.

yeah sure
LOL

you and your ilk got your boards removed, there would be no way to prove it even if i really cared that much to investigate
you come across as a liar
you dont have any credibility

yeah sure
LOL

you and your ilk got your boards removed, there would be no way to prove it even if i really cared that much to investigate
you come across as a liar
you dont have any credibility

We didn't 'get our boards removed.' We have nothing to do with AOL corporate decisions, which, as with all corporations, are profit-driven.

Given that you know the AOL political discussion boards are gone, if you want to sound credible, why do you make accusations you know you can't prove?

Again, that is typical for this thread: unfounded accusations about matters of no consequence.

Forum List

Back