It's about time Blacks joined in the fight to defend their Constitutional rights

I remember obama dividing our nation along racial and class lines prior to the election. And I distinctly remember EVERY ONE OF US bitching about it. And now here we're doing it.

What happened to the conservative message of one America? You know...not divided along racial and class lines?

How in the fuck is this thread dividing the races? You do realize you're sounding more stupid as you post?

Your thread implies that blacks are stupid and only now waking up. I wonder what all the poor and uneducated whites think about their constitutional rights?

I'll give you a clue...they are AS clueless as the blacks.

No you're implying that I wasn't if you want to be a racist be it somewhere else.

Truth be told if you consider the history of how blacks were treated in this country and the fight that they and many whites endured to get them on equal footing this thread makes you look pretty stupid.

And all the responses are a clue that its extremely divisive.

You morons bitch about the left always playing the fucking race card and then you post shit like this.

Unfucking real.

Why don't you just request an I hate ******* forum to spout your stupid bullshit in...

Shit stirin counter productive republicans. Pull your fucking heads out of your asses before we become extinct.

There is a way to get the conservative message out to the masses and masking your racial bullshit in politics isn't it.

exactly. People like lilrebnyc1775 are dragging your party into a permanent minority status

Right. It's just a simple matter of geography. The KKK was is the deep south, the NRA began in New York. No plausible correlation there.

The military arm of the democratic party.

Now along with the militia nuts and Aryan Christians and the KKK, all are the military arm of the far right reactionaries.

I think that it is worth noting that the groups most harshly oppressed by the KKK (Blacks and Jews) are well represented within the Democrats congressional delegation (especially in comparison to that of the GOP).

The military arm of the democratic party.

Now along with the militia nuts and Aryan Christians and the KKK, all are the military arm of the far right reactionaries.

I think that it is worth noting that the groups most harshly oppressed by the KKK (Blacks and Jews) are well represented within the Democrats congressional delegation (especially in comparison to that of the GOP).

60 and 70 years ago, yes, but you still had folks like Goldwater and others voting against civil rights.

The Klan is irrelevant. Why the hell are we even discussing them? Doesn't matter at this point who was or wasn't a part of them. What does matter is what we do moving forward.

You morons bitch about the left always playing the fucking race card and then you post shit like this.

Unfucking real.

Why don't you just request an I hate ******* forum to spout your stupid bullshit in...

Shit stirin counter productive republicans. Pull your fucking heads out of your asses before we become extinct.

There is a way to get the conservative message out to the masses and masking your racial bullshit in politics isn't it.

exactly. People like lilrebnyc1775 are dragging your party into a permanent minority status

So unity brings the party down? I know you see your base leaving the democratic party. You keep pushing that racist agenda they will leave.

Unfucking real.

So unity brings the party down? I know you see your base leaving the democratic party. You keep pushing that racist agenda they will leave.

the GOP does not want your hatred, bigreb

The Klan is irrelevant. Why the hell are we even discussing them? Doesn't matter at this point who was or wasn't a part of them. What does matter is what we do moving forward.
Because gun control is what the klan has always supported and if you watched the video you would know that was part of the discussion.

60 and 70 years ago, yes, but you still had folks like Goldwater and others voting against civil rights.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm noting that the democratic party is much different today than a half century ago when it got votes from the racist parts of the country.

Because gun control is what the klan has always supported and if you watched the video you would know that was part of the discussion.

I didn't go beyond your thread title. It's condescending trash.

there is no connection for your source assert what you suggest, bigreb

you don't have the evidence, old son

I didn't go beyond your thread title. It's condescending trash.

You're calling those speaking in the video and what they had to say trash?

While the two sides disagree on the meaning of the Second Amendment, they share a similar view of the right to bear arms: both see such a right as fundamentally inconsistent with gun control, and believe we must choose one or the other. Gun rights and gun control, however, have lived together since the birth of the country. Americans have always had the right to keep and bear arms as a matter of state constitutional law. Today, 43 of the 50 state constitutions clearly protect an individual’s right to own guns, apart from militia service.

Yet we’ve also always had gun control. The Founding Fathers instituted gun laws so intrusive that, were they running for office today, the NRA would not endorse them. While they did not care to completely disarm the citizenry, the founding generation denied gun ownership to many people: not only slaves and free blacks, but law-abiding white men who refused to swear loyalty to the Revolution.

For those men who were allowed to own guns, the Founders had their own version of the “individual mandate” that has proved so controversial in President Obama’s health-care-reform law: they required the purchase of guns. A 1792 federal law mandated every eligible man to purchase a military-style gun and ammunition for his service in the citizen militia. Such men had to report for frequent musters—where their guns would be inspected and, yes, registered on public rolls.

Opposition to gun control was what drove the black militants to visit the California capitol with loaded weapons in hand. The Black Panther Party had been formed six months earlier, in Oakland, by Huey Newton and Bobby Seale. Like many young African Americans, Newton and Seale were frustrated with the failed promise of the civil-rights movement. Brown v. Board of Education, the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Voting Rights Act of 1965 were legal landmarks, but they had yet to deliver equal opportunity. In Newton and Seale’s view, the only tangible outcome of the civil-rights movement had been more violence and oppression, much of it committed by the very entity meant to protect and serve the public: the police.

Inspired by the teachings of Malcolm X, Newton and Seale decided to fight back. Before he was assassinated in 1965, Malcolm X had preached against Martin Luther King Jr.’s brand of nonviolent resistance. Because the government was “either unable or unwilling to protect the lives and property” of blacks, he said, they had to defend themselves “by whatever means necessary.” Malcolm X illustrated the idea for Ebony magazine by posing for photographs in suit and tie, peering out a window with an M-1 carbine semiautomatic in hand. Malcolm X and the Panthers described their right to use guns in self-defense in constitutional terms. “Article number two of the constitutional amendments,” Malcolm X argued, “provides you and me the right to own a rifle or a shotgun.”

The Secret History of Guns - Adam Winkler - The Atlantic

This Thread is in the Politics Forum. Make your point, back it up, and move on. Repeating yourself 50 times over serves no interest here, neither does spamming or trolling. If you have nothing constructive to offer, please move on.

Once Upon A Time…

The NRA was founded in 1871 by two Yankee Civil War veterans, including an ex-New York Times reporter, who felt that war dragged on because more urban northerners could not shoot as well as rural southerners. It’s motto and focus until 1977 was not fighting for constitutional rights to own and use guns, but “Firearms Safety Education, Marksmanship Training, Shooting for Recreation,” which was displayed in its national headquarters.

The NRA’s first president was a northern Army General, Ambrose Burnside. He was chosen to reflect this civilian-militia mission, as envisioned in the Second Amendment, which reads, “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” The understanding of the Amendment at the time concerned having a prepared citizenry to assist in domestic military matters, such as repelling raids on federal arsenals like 1786’s Shays Rebellion in Massachusetts or the British in the War of 1812. Its focus was not asserting individual gun rights as today, but a ready citizenry prepared by target shooting. The NRA accepted $25,000 from New York State to buy a firing range ($500,000 today). For decades, the U.S. military gave surplus guns to the NRA and sponsored shooting contests.

In the 1920s and 1930s, the NRA’s leaders helped write and lobby for the first federal gun control laws—the very kinds of laws that the modern NRA labels as the height of tryanny. The 18th Amendment outlawing alchohol became law in 1920 and was soon followed by the emergence of big city gangsters who outgunned the police by killing rivals with sawed-off shotguns and machine guns—today called automatic weapons.

In the early 1920s, the National Revolver Association—the NRA’s handgun training counterpart—proposed model legislation for states that included requiring a permit to carry a concealed weapon, adding five years to a prison sentence if a gun was used in a crime, and banning non-citizens from buying a handgun. They also proposed that gun dealers turn over sales records to police and created a one-day waiting period between buying a gun and getting it—two provisions that the NRA opposes today.

The Suprising Unknown History of the NRA | Alternet

In relation to an Individuals familiarity with fire-arms, the focus was not North or South, it was Rural V.S. Urban. Individuals that grew up around guns, people that relied on guns for hunting, for food, for pest control, have a big advantage in experience compared to Urban dwellers, most whom, probably never even held one, until they were drafted. That was a problem in the times of the Civil War, it is a problem Today, only rectified by extensive training. It is what it is. It's also absurd to compare marksman shooters and hunters, with novice shooters.

Once Upon A Time…

The NRA was founded in 1871 by two Yankee Civil War veterans, including an ex-New York Times reporter, who felt that war dragged on because more urban northerners could not shoot as well as rural southerners. It’s motto and focus until 1977 was not fighting for constitutional rights to own and use guns, but “Firearms Safety Education, Marksmanship Training, Shooting for Recreation,” which was displayed in its national headquarters.

The NRA’s first president was a northern Army General, Ambrose Burnside. He was chosen to reflect this civilian-militia mission, as envisioned in the Second Amendment, which reads, “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” The understanding of the Amendment at the time concerned having a prepared citizenry to assist in domestic military matters, such as repelling raids on federal arsenals like 1786’s Shays Rebellion in Massachusetts or the British in the War of 1812. Its focus was not asserting individual gun rights as today, but a ready citizenry prepared by target shooting. The NRA accepted $25,000 from New York State to buy a firing range ($500,000 today). For decades, the U.S. military gave surplus guns to the NRA and sponsored shooting contests.

In the 1920s and 1930s, the NRA’s leaders helped write and lobby for the first federal gun control laws—the very kinds of laws that the modern NRA labels as the height of tryanny. The 18th Amendment outlawing alchohol became law in 1920 and was soon followed by the emergence of big city gangsters who outgunned the police by killing rivals with sawed-off shotguns and machine guns—today called automatic weapons.

In the early 1920s, the National Revolver Association—the NRA’s handgun training counterpart—proposed model legislation for states that included requiring a permit to carry a concealed weapon, adding five years to a prison sentence if a gun was used in a crime, and banning non-citizens from buying a handgun. They also proposed that gun dealers turn over sales records to police and created a one-day waiting period between buying a gun and getting it—two provisions that the NRA opposes today.

In relation to an Individuals familiarity with fire-arms, the focus was not North or South, it was Rural V.S. Urban. Individuals that grew up around guns, people that relied on guns for hunting, for food, for pest control, have a big advantage in experience compared to Urban dwellers, most whom, probably never even held one, until they were drafted. That was a problem in the times of the Civil War, it is a problem Today, only rectified by extensive training. It is what it is. It's also absurd to compare marksman shooters and hunters, with novice shooters.

Good Alternet post. I started a thread on it a while back, but it disappeared...

Once Upon A Time…

Good Alternet post. I started a thread on it a while back, but it disappeared...

I'm looking at your stats, and they are loaded with Gun Issue Threads. They are all active. If you want I could merge a couple of dozen of them, if you think it would help you keep better track of them. :)

The clan were and are ultra-conservatives.

Party doesn't matter.

Again with you guys and this party bullshit.

Every time. Every day all we hear is "the left this" the "leftists this" and "liberals this and liberals that".

And when things like the KKK and Slavery are discussed? "The Democrats this, the democrats that."

You idiots obviously are under full realization that you can't say "the liberals and the leftists were the KKK and backed Slavery". You can only say conservatives, and because you don't want to say that, you say what PARTY they were in.

I have news for you. The parties shift. They have shifted, they'll probably shift again in the future.

The klan was started by democrats, and the klan is still the democrat.

Thanks for proving my point retard.

The Klan was started by democrats. The Klan is would NEVER be affiliated with the democratic party of today.

Why? Because democrats of today are liberals and they hate the black people and other minorities that the democratic party has embraced. They hate what the liberals and left leaning individuals of the democratic party(and previously the republican party) have always embraced.

Please, show me how the Klan is still full of democrats today. Please show me how the Klan are LIBERALS.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back