It's all about poor, poor, abused, unfairly set-upon ME

Yep, The President want's to defend America.

But you democrats hate America, so you'll allow the government to be shutdown forever if it means endangering the land and constitution you so bitterly despise.

$5.7 billion is less than Pelosi and pals spend flying to Europe - oh, did her lavish vacation get cancelled... :lol:

And, it's less than the 6.1 billion dollars that it is costing this country every week that the government is shut down. This shutdown has already cost over 4 times what Trump asked for. Why does he continue to keep costing the American people money?
because he made a campaign promise that got him elected in the job. Why can't the congress just accept the will of the people and add the funds. it's my money. I choose where it goes through my vote. ooh and everyone of those congress fks wanted the wall before trump was elected, so at best they are hypocrites to their constituents. they knew their constituents wanted a wall.
NO WALL NO WALL
he data show that far more drugs are detected at ports of entry than between ports of entry. The Office of Field Operations, working at ports of entry, seized 4,813 pounds of heroin during the first 11 months of fiscal year 2018, through Aug. 31, 2018. During the same period, U.S. Border Patrol, which works between legal ports of entry, seized 532 pounds of heroin. CBP statistics from 2012 through 2017 show similar disparities between heroin seized at ports of entry and heroin seized between ports of entry. The data also show that fentanyl, another opioid, was seized at ports of entry at a higher rate than at points between ports of entry.

The Drug Enforcement Agency reports similar findings, noting in its 2018 National Drug Threat Assessment that "a small percentage of all heroin seized by CBP along the land border was between ports of entry."

The agency reports that most heroin flows into the nation through privately owned vehicles entering through legal ports of entry, followed by tractor-trailers, where the heroin is co-mingled with legal cargo. "Body carriers" account for a smaller percentage of heroin movement across the U.S.-Mexico border, according to the agency.

The agency said 85 percent of the fentanyl that came across the U.S.-Mexico border in 2017 entered through the San Diego port of entry.

Data and analysis from the drug enforcement and customs agencies have been used by the Congressional Research Service, Cato Institute, and Brookings Institution, among others, to explain the flow of drugs and recommend policy changes.

David Bier, an immigration analyst who writes about border security at the libertarian Cato Institute, said that by saying a "majority" of opioids come through ports of entry, Lowey had "understated the case."

"By weight, the average port inspector seized 8 times more cocaine, 17 times more fentanyl, 23 times more methamphetamine, and 36 times more heroin than the average Border Patrol agent seized at the physical border in early 2018," Bier wrote in an email.

"Given these trends, a border wall or more Border Patrol agents to stop drugs between ports of entry makes little sense," Bier wrote in a paper for Cato. The Cato Institute advocates for drug legalization.

A 2017 report by Vanda Felbab-Brown, who led the Brookings Institution’s project on global drug policy, used the same statistics and argued that a border wall would not affect the flow of drugs in the United States. Brookings is a public policy think tank that has fellows of different points of view.
Wall, Wall, wall, wall, wall, wall how many times you need me to write it? Fk you your position isn’t based on any thing, mine is it’s been done for decades by bipartisan vote. This position is based on trump being alive
FK you ,,,you support a piece of shit who surrounds himself with INDICTED criminals That makes you a POS too
You want Americans to die. You trump everyone else you piece of anti America puke

The moron could have had the SAME deal before Xmas without subjecting a million or more people to his blackmail attempt The worst pos ever supported by mafia style crooks and idiot voters

Looks like trump's in over his head says this ex trump supporter. i figured nobody could be worse than hillary but I was wrong. I haven't been able to find out if trump even hired an engineering firm to get an actual price for a trump wall. Here's one link with discouraging news about wall costs and other things trump related. Wonder if we can subcontract either AOC or hillary to help guide trump through his final couple of years since it looks like he's a lost little child who's gets in trouble when things get really complicated and no rich dad's there to bail him out.

How long will it take to build the border wall? Years longer than Trump claims, experts say

[
The position of democrats is the wall which Trump is proposing will take over 10 years to complete, will cost in excess of 40 billion dollars, and it's a solution for a problem that may well not exist by the time the wall is finally completed. There are many ways of reducing illegal immigration faster and cheaper.
The position of the democrats is that Americans will never accept the Marxist dictatorship you seek. Hence you wish to import third world, uneducated peasants as replacement for Americans.

A wall thwarts your plans.

At this point the question is whether you can protect your core constituency which is government workers, and still wage your war to end America?

You have a 3 week reprieve.

In that time, Congress needs to fund TSA, and only TSA (it would be better to privatize it) as a critical function, since it is. Then let the partial shutdown resume, forever is fine.
Let me remind you that most Americans today are 3rd generation immigrants. Democrats are for strong border security but they also support fairness in the treatment immigrants both legal and illegal.

Democrats do not support a wall for two reasons. First and most important, it will not solve the illegal immigration problem, nor the drug problem. Secondly, what it will do is created a monument to American isolationism which has proved to be disaster and is contrary to economic trends. We need immigrants just as we the rest of the world. Hiding behind a wall will not make America great.

I agree congress should fund the TSA and flight controllers in order to keep commercial aviation alive during a shutdown. Also, we should be funding the Coast Guard. Few Americans seem be aware of just how important and how dangerous their work is.

[
The position of democrats is the wall which Trump is proposing will take over 10 years to complete, will cost in excess of 40 billion dollars, and it's a solution for a problem that may well not exist by the time the wall is finally completed. There are many ways of reducing illegal immigration faster and cheaper.

The position of the democrats is that Americans will never accept the Marxist dictatorship you seek. Hence you wish to import third world, uneducated peasants as replacement for Americans.

A wall thwarts your plans.

At this point the question is whether you can protect your core constituency which is government workers, and still wage your war to end America?

You have a 3 week reprieve.

In that time, Congress needs to fund TSA, and only TSA (it would be better to privatize it) as a critical function, since it is. Then let the partial shutdown resume, forever is fine.
Marxist...blah blah blah...Stalinists...yadda yadda yadd....:71:

Looks like trump's in over his head says this ex trump supporter. i figured nobody could be worse than hillary but I was wrong. I haven't been able to find out if trump even hired an engineering firm to get an actual price for a trump wall. Here's one link with discouraging news about wall costs and other things trump related. Wonder if we can subcontract either AOC or hillary to help guide trump through his final couple of years since it looks like he's a lost little child who's gets in trouble when things get really complicated and no rich dad's there to bail him out.

How long will it take to build the border wall? Years longer than Trump claims, experts say
Trump said six months ago, he thought the wall could be completed by the next election. Later he said it might take a few months after the election. A couple of years would be more accurate. Notice how the election is the important milestone for completion.

The facts are that there are estimates done by Homeland Security but these estimates are based on construction done years ago for barriers that have little in common with what Trump has proposed. There has been no CBO estimate. The walls that have been contracted for are replacements and repairs and enhancements of reinforced fencing, nothing really new. There is no contract for Trump's wall since there is no money.

Here is the big gotcha in all this. The wall is not the most important part of the project nor is it the most expensive. The complete project calls for security fencing on both sides of the wall, high quality roads that allow border patrol to travel at a high rate speed, monitoring equipment that tells the border patrol there has been an intrusion, and of course enough border patrol officers that can be at any point within 15 mins. Currently on many parts of the border it takes a half day. Having just a wall sitting out in the desert is worthless because a wall only slows down intruders. There has to be people there to arrest them.

Forum List

Back