Its Almost February. How will the right spend Black History Month?

the dems are running to kos for their responses

just wait " those dems were the KKK dems of the south, they don't count, they weren't really dems"

Whats funny is that repubs have to hide their history so much that they really pretend they were the ones fighting for rights. They are literally taking off the repub outfit and putting on the dems clothes and say "See, I'm not so bad" by taking the credit of the other guys.

Thats how sad it is...pretend to be for something you are against.

sorry but history tells a different story than your spin

Actually it doesn't

Since the passing of the Civil Rights Act of 1965, Republicans have taken a decided turn towards inhibiting Civil Rights for blacks, women, Hispanics, the handicapped and gays

In looking at todays struggles for gay rights, Republicans have shown themselves to be on the wrong side of history again

Will they spend it talking about positive blacks throughout history or about Rap Music?(Congrats Macklemore lol)

Will they use the time to identify with blacks to make an arguement of why their ideas are sound or will they make another attempt at vote shaming?

It should be an interesting 28 days

probably remembering the critical role they played in establishing their freedom and the battles they had to fight with the democrats to do so

3-250114220320-176741168.jpeg

Wait a second. Those Southern Democrats Seceded from the Union. Looks like their platform more closely resembles the conservatives around here with all of the secession threads. You cons should love these guys for their stand on state's rights.

Last edited:
I plan to watch the Olympics, Work, Make love to my wife, play with my daughter, bitch and moan about digging myself out of the snow that i hate with a fiery passion and marvel how anyone can believe that no one can reasonable dispute global warming while in sub zero tempatures.

Im sure there are other things. I mean I am planning to convince a jury to not prosecute a black man next week. I guess that's kind of celebrating black history month. But I'd do that anyway.

Rush Limbaugh will probably spend black history month pointing out African tribesemen sold their enemies into slavery and shit like that.

It is okay to point out the negative aspects of someone else's history, like trashing MLK's personal life, but don't you fucking dare point out the negatives of American history!

Nothing wrong with pointing out the negative aspects of anyone's history. The wrong comes when that history is dwelled upon and used in an attempt to tar those who had nothing to do with making that history.

As often said and believed in the military, it takes ten or more "atta boys" to wipe out one "ah shit". The same applies to history.

Slavery was, and still is, a blot upon the history of this world. Blacks, Whites, Asians, and just about every other ethnic population had a hand in it. However, slavery ended in the United States over one hundred and fifty years ago, and it is far past time to leave it to the historians and quit dwelling upon it.

It is also far past time for America to quit classifing people according to the color of their skin, or their ethnic/racial background.

Whats funny is that repubs have to hide their history so much that they really pretend they were the ones fighting for rights. They are literally taking off the repub outfit and putting on the dems clothes and say "See, I'm not so bad" by taking the credit of the other guys.

Actually it doesn't

Since the passing of the Civil Rights Act of 1965, Republicans have taken a decided turn towards inhibiting Civil Rights for blacks, women, Hispanics, the handicapped and gays

In looking at todays struggles for gay rights, Republicans have shown themselves to be on the wrong side of history again

we are all quite aware that those are the current dem/lib talking points, but they are simply not true.

Bush's administration was the most diverse in history, obama's is not.

what specifically have republicans done to inhibit civil rights since 1965-------give us specifics or admit that you are once again lying.

Actually it doesn't

here we go with the gay rights BS. What rights that you and I have do gays not have? and before you go there, marriage is not a right, the constitution says nothing about marriage.

Rush Limbaugh will probably spend black history month pointing out African tribesemen sold their enemies into slavery and shit like that.

It is okay to point out the negative aspects of someone else's history, like trashing MLK's personal life, but don't you fucking dare point out the negatives of American history!

Nothing wrong with pointing out the negative aspects of anyone's history. The wrong comes when that history is dwelled upon and used in an attempt to tar those who had nothing to do with making that history.

As often said and believed in the military, it takes ten or more "atta boys" to wipe out one "ah shit". The same applies to history.

Slavery was, and still is, a blot upon the history of this world. Blacks, Whites, Asians, and just about every other ethnic population had a hand in it. However, slavery ended in the United States over one hundred and fifty years ago, and it is far past time to leave it to the historians and quit dwelling upon it.

It is also far past time for America to quit classifing people according to the color of their skin, or their ethnic/racial background.
Why would progressives do that? There is no money in it for them to do that.

the obsession with race is coming exclusively from the left, because its all they have as they watch their political philosophy fail miserably.

did you know that "obamacare" is now a racist term on par with "******" 'honky", "****", "limey" "wetback" "dago" or "chink" ?

How will the left spend Black History Month? Will they regard blacks as equals and brothers or pacify them some more with freebies and sweet talk?

Will they use the time to celebrate notable blacks and their achievments or promise to keep fighting for the right of blacks to pilfer the public treasury and aspire to mediocrity?

Will they spend it talking about positive blacks throughout history or about Rap Music?(Congrats Macklemore lol)

Will they use the time to identify with blacks to make an arguement of why their ideas are sound or will they make another attempt at vote shaming?

The racists and closet racists will come out in force

Two of you have already come out. History is history, whether it be Black, White, Yellow, Red or Blue. Why do you nimrods believe that Black history needs special attention? I suspect you are attempting to deal with your own demons.

Indeed why does black history need special attention? When you attempt to answer you will find the answer

Like black history, February is appropriately the shortest month. No written record - no history.

probably remembering the critical role they played in establishing their freedom and the battles they had to fight with the democrats to do so

3-250114220320-176741168.jpeg

my main problem with the picture is it forgets the Civil Rights acts, also overwhelmingly Republican

Actually it doesn't

since who passed the civil rights act in 1965?

The racists and closet racists will come out in force

Two of you have already come out. History is history, whether it be Black, White, Yellow, Red or Blue. Why do you nimrods believe that Black history needs special attention? I suspect you are attempting to deal with your own demons.

Indeed why does black history need special attention? When you attempt to answer you will find the answer

Oh, I know, to get even for slavery, right?

Unlike liberals, the right is unlikely to define all things in terms of "race," and divide society accordingly.

The guilty-minded (white) left will continue to pretend that only they are against racism while they nevertheless attack successful and intelligent blacks who don't "toe" their liberal line.

Moderation Message

A vague OP is not an excuse for flaming and trolling..
If you can keep on topic -- please do.
If not -- refrain from using this thread to attack other posters.

Thanks
flacaltenn

The OP......IS a flame/troll post. Nothing 'vague' about it.

A non-flame/non-troll post might have started, "How will you spend Black History Month".

Fair question, fair thread

Instead we get a taunt from a resident troll

Think about it. Or not

Whatever

Precisely... to not recognize this as a flame thread is ridiculous.. this was pointed out to the mods as trolling

I will spend the month being incredibly bitter and jealous that I don't get a specific month.

Forum List

Back