It's easier to condemn homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, the OP has really sent the USMB Assclown Brigade off the deep end. They're foaming at the mouth to attack, like good little trained progressive bots.

The OP really hits the nail on the head, there is no appeasing the homo-progressives. The homo-progressive movement was never about 'tolerance'. There was always tolerance of homosexuals, they weren't being thrown in jail or persecuted by the government. Did people have disdain for them, and disgust for their actions, naturally. But queers could still live their lives in peace and do whatever they wanted in the bedroom and no one could stop them.

But, that wasn't good enough for them. So they started demanding that there be no consequences for coming out of the closet. That anyone should be able to be openly gay and that everyone must accept that. Even though the vast majority of people are disgusted by queers, they were all expected to put their natural revulsion aside and 'accept' a behavior that everyone knows is wrong. If you didn't alter your behavior and feelings towards homosexuality then you would be harassed and labeled a homophobe and bigot. But, society still went along with it.

But it still wasn't enough. Now we are being told that we have to accept 'transgender' people as if they are normal. We now have to pretend a mutilated cross-dressing queer is a 'woman'. Sorry, but no.

Oh, the USSC decision which declared sodomy laws unconstitutional didn't happen until 2003. Up until then it was still legally acceptable to imprison gays for consensual sex acts, and in fact the case was one in which two men were charged and convicted of, basically, having gay sex. So your contention that "queers could still live their lives in peace and do whatever they wanted in the bedroom and no one could stop them" has only been true for a little more than a decade, legally speaking.

I'm also curious why, if the vast majority of people are disgusted by queers, they would accept that behavior on a personal level? Where did homosexuals get the power to decide what is or is not socially acceptable?

Oh please, you're telling us that queers were afraid of being thrown in jail for their sexual acts? All because of some old law on the books that was never enforced? That's a load of crap and you know it.

As Syriusly pointed out, the case which ruled state sodomy laws unconstitutional was based on two gay men having been charged and convicted of having gay sex in their own home. So yes, gays had reason to be afraid of being thrown in jail for their sexual acts. That is exactly what was happening. It wasn't some old law on the books never enforced, it was a law that had been enforced and was challenged.

And when it was challenged it was thrown out. If that is the best you have, you don't have much of a case for present day persecution.

Wow, the OP has really sent the USMB Assclown Brigade off the deep end. They're foaming at the mouth to attack, like good little trained progressive bots.

The OP really hits the nail on the head, there is no appeasing the homo-progressives. The homo-progressive movement was never about 'tolerance'. There was always tolerance of homosexuals, they weren't being thrown in jail or persecuted by the government. Did people have disdain for them, and disgust for their actions, naturally. But queers could still live their lives in peace and do whatever they wanted in the bedroom and no one could stop them.

But, that wasn't good enough for them. So they started demanding that there be no consequences for coming out of the closet. That anyone should be able to be openly gay and that everyone must accept that. Even though the vast majority of people are disgusted by queers, they were all expected to put their natural revulsion aside and 'accept' a behavior that everyone knows is wrong. If you didn't alter your behavior and feelings towards homosexuality then you would be harassed and labeled a homophobe and bigot. But, society still went along with it.

But it still wasn't enough. Now we are being told that we have to accept 'transgender' people as if they are normal. We now have to pretend a mutilated cross-dressing queer is a 'woman'. Sorry, but no.

LOL- our responses has sure made the homophobes foam at the mouth- you sure are threatened by homosexuals being treated exactly equally with heterosexuals.

FYI- you can have whatever feelings you want- but if you want to broadcast your bigotry- whether towards Jews or African Americans or homsoexuals- have the balls to take the criticism of your public bigotry without whining.

I'm not "threatened" by homosexuals being treated equal. They were being treated equally, but that wasn't good enough for them. They want special treatment, and they want to force others into accepting them.

Since when is equal treatment 'special treatment'?

Homosexuals for the last 200 years in America have been attacked both legally and socially for being homosexuals. Only relatively recently have homosexuals been treated somewhat equally- no longer discharged from the military, no longer arrested for being gay, no longer fired from teaching positions for being gay- and no longer being denied the right to marry the person that they wanted to marry.

So what is this special treatment you imagine?

Special treatment is when you expect everyone else to accomodate you. I don't expect gays to change their ways, I am not asking them to. Queers can be with each other all they want, I simply don't care. Yet, they want people like me to change our beliefs. They want to force us to accept their behavior as normal. It's NOT going to happen.

I doubt any gays care about your 'beliefs' any more than Jews care about the 'beliefs' of anti-semites.

Simply treating gay Americans exactly equal to non-gay Americans is not special treatment- except in the eyes of the paranoid anti-gays like yourself.

Apparently gays do care what people like me think, or at least the homo-progressives sure do. If they didn't care what we think, why would they label us homophobes and bigots? They are trying very hard to brainwash everyone into thinking homosexuality it normal and moral.

You keep reverting to saying it's all about being treated equally to everyone else. How can you expect people to treat homosexuals as normal people when most people find the act disgusting? Do you find rapists revolting? Could you ever put aside your natural revulsion towards rapists aside and treat them as if they are like everyone else? If not, then how can you expect people to do the same for homos? You may not feel that way about queers and homosexuality, but you should acknowledge the fact that most people do, and stop trying to change them.

LOL- our responses has sure made the homophobes foam at the mouth- you sure are threatened by homosexuals being treated exactly equally with heterosexuals.

FYI- you can have whatever feelings you want- but if you want to broadcast your bigotry- whether towards Jews or African Americans or homsoexuals- have the balls to take the criticism of your public bigotry without whining.

I'm not "threatened" by homosexuals being treated equal. They were being treated equally, but that wasn't good enough for them. They want special treatment, and they want to force others into accepting them.

Homosexuals for the last 200 years in America have been attacked both legally and socially for being homosexuals. Only relatively recently have homosexuals been treated somewhat equally- no longer discharged from the military, no longer arrested for being gay, no longer fired from teaching positions for being gay- and no longer being denied the right to marry the person that they wanted to marry.

Special treatment is when you expect everyone else to accomodate you. I don't expect gays to change their ways, I am not asking them to. Queers can be with each other all they want, I simply don't care. Yet, they want people like me to change our beliefs. They want to force us to accept their behavior as normal. It's NOT going to happen.

I doubt any gays care about your 'beliefs' any more than Jews care about the 'beliefs' of anti-semites.

Simply treating gay Americans exactly equal to non-gay Americans is not special treatment- except in the eyes of the paranoid anti-gays like yourself.

Apparently gays do care what people like me think, or at least the homo-progressives sure do. If they didn't care what we think, why would they label us homophobes and bigots? They are trying very hard to brainwash everyone into thinking homosexuality it normal and moral..

Somehow you think your freedom of speech equates to 'freedom from criticism'.

Homophobe and bigot is just a handy label for who you are- just as 'gay' is a handy term for those who are attracted to the same gender.

Who is forcing you to change your beliefs- and how?

You keep reverting to saying it's all about being treated equally to everyone else. How can you expect people to treat homosexuals as normal people when most people find the act disgusting? Do you find rapists revolting?.

I keep on saying treating gay Americans exactly equal to non-gay Americans is no different than expecting people to treat Jewish Americans no differently from Christian Americans.

More specifically- I believe people should be treated equally legally. And I believe that is what every American expects.

And- let me just see if I understand you- you find a homosexual just as revolting as a rapist?

Really?

See- I think that says much more about you- than it says about any American who happens to be attracted to the same gender.

Apparently gays do care what people like me think, or at least the homo-progressives sure do. If they didn't care what we think, why would they label us homophobes and bigots? They are trying very hard to brainwash everyone into thinking homosexuality it normal and moral..

Homophobe and bigot is just a handy label for who you are- just as 'gay' is a handy term for those who are attracted to the same gender.

When did I ever say anyone is free from criticism? In fact it is your side that starts crying about violation of "rights" when the homosexual lifestyle is criticized.

I never said anyone forced me to change my beliefs, just that homo-progressives sure are trying to persuade society that homosexuality is normal and healthy.

You keep reverting to saying it's all about being treated equally to everyone else. How can you expect people to treat homosexuals as normal people when most people find the act disgusting? Do you find rapists revolting?.

I keep on saying treating gay Americans exactly equal to non-gay Americans is no different than expecting people to treat Jewish Americans no differently from Christian Americans.

More specifically- I believe people should be treated equally legally. And I believe that is what every American expects.

And- let me just see if I understand you- you find a homosexual just as revolting as a rapist?

Really?

See- I think that says much more about you- than it says about any American who happens to be attracted to the same gender.

No, I was using it as an example to get you to understand. Any act that you find revolting. Now can you answer the question?

Oh, the USSC decision which declared sodomy laws unconstitutional didn't happen until 2003. Up until then it was still legally acceptable to imprison gays for consensual sex acts, and in fact the case was one in which two men were charged and convicted of, basically, having gay sex. So your contention that "queers could still live their lives in peace and do whatever they wanted in the bedroom and no one could stop them" has only been true for a little more than a decade, legally speaking.

I'm also curious why, if the vast majority of people are disgusted by queers, they would accept that behavior on a personal level? Where did homosexuals get the power to decide what is or is not socially acceptable?

Oh please, you're telling us that queers were afraid of being thrown in jail for their sexual acts? All because of some old law on the books that was never enforced? That's a load of crap and you know it.

As Syriusly pointed out, the case which ruled state sodomy laws unconstitutional was based on two gay men having been charged and convicted of having gay sex in their own home. So yes, gays had reason to be afraid of being thrown in jail for their sexual acts. That is exactly what was happening. It wasn't some old law on the books never enforced, it was a law that had been enforced and was challenged.

And when it was challenged it was thrown out. If that is the best you have, you don't have much of a case for present day persecution.

No- it was not 'thrown out'.

The men were prosecuted- and convicted. They appealed all the way to the Supreme Court- and the Supreme Court threw their case out.

What you seem to be avoiding dealing with here is that yes indeed homosexuals have been- and were arrested for having consensual sex together- Lawrence v. Texas legally ended discriminatory laws that made private consensual sex between people of the same gender illegal.

Even after Lawrence- Lousiana Sheriff Deputies arrested men under the same kind of statutes- those were thrown out because the law had already been found to be unconstitutional.

Yes homosexuals had reason to be afraid of being arrested for sexual acts- or even just for appearing to homosexual. Lawrence v. Texas was the end of a long history of legal persecution of homosexuals- not just a single incident.

When did I ever say anyone is free from criticism? In fact it is your side that starts crying about violation of "rights" when the homosexual lifestyle is criticized.

I never said anyone forced me to change my beliefs, just that homo-progressives sure are trying to persuade society that homosexuality is normal and healthy.

Here is what you said:

They want to force us to accept their behavior as normal. It's NOT going to happen.

Who do you imagine is trying to force you to accept anything- and how do you imagine that they are?

Really?

No, I was using it as an example to get you to understand. Any act that you find revolting. Now can you answer the question?

Hmmm any act that I find revolting?

Do you find rape revolting?
Do you find homosexuality revolting?

You were the one who asked me to compare my feelings towards rape to your feelings towards homosexuals.

You tell me how your revulsion to homosexuality is the same or different towards your revulsion towards rape?

As for me?

I find rape to be revolting because it is a crime of violence against another person. I can't imagine why any rational thinking person would equate a crime of violence with a person being attracted to someone of the same gender.

Here is what you said:

They want to force us to accept their behavior as normal. It's NOT going to happen.

Who do you imagine is trying to force you to accept anything- and how do you imagine that they are?

Gee, how about laws that are imprisoning people that don't accept their behavior and don't want to associate or do business with them? Like forcing a baker to make a cake for them, and threatening to fine them, take their business away, or jail them if they don't.

Really?

You were the one who asked me to compare my feelings towards rape to your feelings towards homosexuals.

You tell me how your revulsion to homosexuality is the same or different towards your revulsion towards rape?

As for me?

I find rape to be revolting because it is a crime of violence against another person. I can't imagine why any rational thinking person would equate a crime of violence with a person being attracted to someone of the same gender.

I already answered your question.
Asking again isn't going to change my answer.

The men were prosecuted- and convicted. They appealed all the way to the Supreme Court- and the Supreme Court threw their case out.

What you seem to be avoiding dealing with here is that yes indeed homosexuals have been- and were arrested for having consensual sex together- Lawrence v. Texas legally ended discriminatory laws that made private consensual sex between people of the same gender illegal.

Even after Lawrence- Lousiana Sheriff Deputies arrested men under the same kind of statutes- those were thrown out because the law had already been found to be unconstitutional.

Yes homosexuals had reason to be afraid of being arrested for sexual acts- or even just for appearing to homosexual. Lawrence v. Texas was the end of a long history of legal persecution of homosexuals- not just a single incident.

You tell me it wasn't thrown out, then two sentences later you admit it was.

So if all you have is one example of homos being persecuted, and that was a case that was thrown out, then you don't have much of a case that queers are being rounded up and arrested.

Really?

As for me?

I already answered your question.
Asking again isn't going to change my answer.

So you have revulsion to rapists- who violently attack another another person- and homosexuals- who are simply attracted to another person.

Maybe not exactly as revolting- but you use the same term to describe how a rapist makes you feel and how a homosexual makes you feel.

You tell me it wasn't thrown out, then two sentences later you admit it was.

So if all you have is one example of homos being persecuted, and that was a case that was thrown out, then you don't have much of a case that queers are being rounded up and arrested.

I have a case where homsexuals were arrested for having consensual sex in private- and were convicted- and their case was ultimately voided by the Supreme Court- because their arrest was unconstitutional.

As I pointed out- and as you want to avoid dealing with- this was an actual example of persecution of homosexuals for having sex- the last actual conviction because the Supreme Court said it was unconstitutional.

Here is what you said:

Gee, how about laws that are imprisoning people that don't accept their behavior and don't want to associate or do business with them? Like forcing a baker to make a cake for them, and threatening to fine them, take their business away, or jail them if they don't.

You mean the laws which say it is illegal to refuse to do business with African Americans, Jews, Christians, or homosexuals?

How is telling a business to follow the law forcing anyone to accept Blacks, Christians or homosexuals?

Do you have a problem with tenses? This started with you talking about the past, claiming that gays were able to do what they wanted and live in peace. It has been shown to you that this was not the case, that legally, until a mere 12 years ago, it was still illegal to have homosexual sex in some places. Now, suddenly, you are talking about present day?

You're right, today, it is unconstitutional to arrest someone for being gay or having sex with someone of the same gender. That doesn't mean that everything is now hunky-dory, gays are treated equally. Being arrested is not the only way someone can be discriminated against. However, things are absolutely far, far better for gays than they were in the past.

You say "the vast majority of people are disgusted by queers". What leads you to that conclusion? Obviously you are disgusted, and I don't doubt that most or all of the people you associate with are disgusted, but the vast majority? I'm curious what you can point to that indicates that is true.

Why was Pandora's Box not opened when marriage laws were changed in the past?

Because marriage wasn't changed to accommodate sexual behavior. Now that it has been, you have disenfranchised all other sexual behavior. The Equal Protection clause says you can't do that. Now that you've legitimized one group's sexuality through marriage, it has to be equal for all groups. So now, the polygamists will be next, incest partners next, followed by the pedophiles and then those who like to fuck pigs. This doesn't end with homosexuals living happily ever after.

Why was Pandora's Box not opened when marriage laws were changed in the past?

Because marriage wasn't changed to accommodate sexual behavior. Now that it has been, you have disenfranchised all other sexual behavior. The Equal Protection clause says you can't do that. Now that you've legitimized one group's sexuality through marriage, it has to be equal for all groups. So now, the polygamists will be next, incest partners next, followed by the pedophiles and then those who like to fuck pigs. This doesn't end with homosexuals living happily ever after.
Again .... the law is applied equally ... incest is illegal, no one is allowed to marry their own parent, child, sibling, etc. So the 14th Amendment is not being violated. Polygamy is illegal, no one is a allowed to marry more than one person. The law is applied equally to everyone and the 14th Amendment is not being violated. Pedophilia is illegal, no one is allowed to rape underaged kids. The law is again applied equally to all.

... until a mere 12 years ago, it was still illegal to have homosexual sex in some places. Now, suddenly, you are talking about present day?

You're right, today, it is unconstitutional to arrest someone for being gay or having sex with someone of the same gender. That doesn't mean that everything is now hunky-dory, gays are treated equally...

Wow... just like, today, it is illegal for adults to have sex with children, incest is illegal and fucking animals is illegal. Consent means Consent and marriage is now based on legitimization of your sexual preferences.... A mere 12 years from now, the law could be very different. Thank you!

I hate to break this to you but gays are never going to be treated equally. Changing the definition of marriage is not "treating equal" it is making an exception, the epitome of "treating equal." It is explicitly singling out homosexuals to bestow a right to something they didn't have before. So through this, you've also seemingly redefined "equal treatment" as well as "marriage." Now, equal treatment means we have to change things to accommodate others. All of our silly laws which don't allow multiple marital partners, adults marrying brothers and sisters or underage kids or animals... all of that has to be accommodated... those groups have to be made equal. Laws have to be changed.

Again .... the law is applied equally..

Again. no... the law is not applied equally, the law was changed to redefine the definition of marriage which now accommodates a particular group of people who weren't included before because they didn't meet the criteria for marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back