It's easier to condemn homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
You dumbfuck, I never said family members can't fool the state and get married despite Iowa's close-family restrictions. I said Iowa doesn't allow it. Whatever measures Iowa took years ago to prevent a brother from marrying his sister are the same measures they would use now to ensure a brother doesn't marry his brother.

Holyfuckingshit, perv. Stop hitting yourself with the stupid stick.

baseball-bat-smiley-emoticon.gif

So dumbfuck. Daddy fools around on mommy. Daughter doesn't know this and Marries Mr. Wonderfull who turns out to be closely blood related. But the birth certificates don't show this.

The couple takes a DNA test and finds out they are blood related. The marriage is void.

If the couple is same sex it is VALID.

Dumbass

The term Closely Blood Related is open to interpretation. The state of Iowa chose to create an OBJECTIVE format to define it.

It is found in 595.19 of the Iowa state code.

If you wish to keep beating this dead horse, go ahead. I'll keep beating you.

You are indeed a glutton for punishment.
There ya go, projecting again. I point out you're a dumbfuck so then you mindlessly project that back. :eusa_doh:

And there you are, perv, talking about incest again.

Oh, and such a same-sex couple's marriage would also be void since Iowa doesn't permit any close family members to marry each other regardless of gender.

Fucking moron.

The same sex family couple does not appear on the void list.

If it can't be made void, it is legal.

The state cannot exclude legal participants in entry into ANY CONTRACT.

IF IT COULD'NT BE MADE VOID AFTER ENTRY, THEN THE STATE CANNOT PROHIBIT ENTRY INTO IT.

Troll on, we all know you will while waving you're instruction pamphlet like a sidewalk uber right wing nutjob cult preacher.

And, once again, yet another source:

Iowa Annulment and Prohibited Marriage Laws - FindLaw

Prohibited Marriages Undissolved prior marriage; between descendant and ancestor, brother and sister, aunt and nephew, uncle and niece, first cousins; same sex

Which is very close to the list in Iowa 595.19 which is

1. Marriages between the following persons who are related by
blood are void:
a. Between a man and his father's sister, mother's sister,
daughter, sister, son's daughter, daughter's daughter, brother's
daughter, or sister's daughter.
b. Between a woman and her father's brother, mother's
brother, son, brother, son's son, daughter's son, brother's son, or
sister's son.
c. Between first cousins.
2. Marriages between persons either of whom has a husband or wife
living are void, but, if the parties live and cohabit together after
the death or divorce of the former husband or wife, such marriage
shall be valid.

Findlaw continues with

Same-Sex Marriage in Iowa

Although Iowa's marriage statute says, "Only marriage between a male and a female is valid," the Iowa Supreme Court ruled the ban on same-sex marriage unconstitutional in 2009. At the time, Iowa was just the fourth state to legalize same-sex marriage. Since then the U.S. Supreme Court, in the landmark 2015 case Obergefell v. Hodges, ruled that state bans on same-sex marriage were unconstitutional. FindLaw's Same-Sex Marriage section has more information and updates on the latest same-sex marriage developments, including a list of states that allow same-sex marriage.

HUH, whaddya know.

Same sex family members are not excluded and legalizing same sex marriage didn't have any other effect but to make same sex family marriage legal.

Golly gosh Faun, but hey, you got that there pamphlet! Right?
What a shame, no matter how many times you cite that statute, Iowa still says they don't allow any close-family members to marry each other regardless of gender...

IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF APPLICANTS TO READ THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE MAKING APPLICATION!

Iowa law provides that marriage is a civil contract between two persons who are (1) 18 years of age or older; (2) not already married to each other or still legally married to someone else; (3) not closely related by blood or first cousins; and (4) legally competent to enter into a civil contract.

:dance:

^^^^^ watch the beaten troll dance for Pop.
Beaten at what? Iowa still doesn't allow close-family members to marry each other regardless of gender.

Which is why you can't find one single such couple tying the not in Iowa in 6 years in a country of 250 million otherwise eligible participants.

Here's even more fun facts regarding Iowa's marriage law.

Iowa allows same sex family members to Marry.

Iowa had no residency requirement, so same sex family members from anywhere in the United States can Marry in Iowa.

And since the USSC ruled that all marriage licenses, regardless of where they were issued, must be recognized in all 50 states.......

BINGO:

Same sex family members can Marry IN Iowa AND YOUR STATE MUST RECOGNIZE THEM!
You perverted dork, you're making my point. I've already pointed out any eligible couple in the U.S. can marry in Iowa. That's 250 million Americans.

And in 6 years, not one gas entered into such a marriage.

You described Iowa's situation a, "mess."

Looks like the only mess is the one betwixt your ears.

Iowa had no residency requirement, so same sex family members from anywhere in the United States can Marry in Iowa.

And since the USSC ruled that all marriage licenses, regardless of where they were issued, must be recognized in all 50 states.......

BINGO:

You perverted dork, you're making my point. I've already pointed out any eligible couple in the U.S. can marry in Iowa. That's 250 million Americans.

Nope: there's more dumbfuck:

List of prohibited marriages

From an attorney with 31 years experience

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/general/2014/06/24/14-35420Robinson.pdf

Another attorneys opinion

CPA at Law: Pass Wealth Tax Free by Marrying a Descendant?

Another independent source:

Annulment Of Marriage In Iowa - Marriage | Laws.com

This ones interesting, from a family law attorney in West Des Moines, Iowa

Pretty much nails the idea that "the list" in 595.19" actually IS THE LIST OF PROHIBITED MARRIAGES

Can a woman and her great-uncle marry? - Avvo.com

Roger J. Hudson II
Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11
Iowa Code Sec. 595.19 lists "void" marriages. This section doesn't prohibit marriages between a woman and her grandmother's brother.

Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of R.J. Law Firm, P.C. are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

BINGO:

Prove none have dumbass.

BINGO:

Prove none have dumbass.

You're asking someone to prove a negative...and then, ironically, calling them a dumbass.

It is you who must provide the evidence of your claims, bloviating troll.

BINGO:

Pretty much nails the idea that "the list" in 595.19" actually IS THE LIST OF PROHIBITED MARRIAGES

Roger J. Hudson II
Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11
Iowa Code Sec. 595.19 lists "void" marriages. This section doesn't prohibit marriages between a woman and her grandmother's brother.

Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of R.J. Law Firm, P.C. are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.
All referencing the same statute, which again, is meaningless since as you're well aware by now, Iowa still doesn't allow close-family members to marry each other regardless of gender...

IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF APPLICANTS TO READ THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE MAKING APPLICATION!

Iowa law provides that marriage is a civil contract between two persons who are (1) 18 years of age or older; (2) not already married to each other or still legally married to someone else; (3) not closely related by blood or first cousins; and (4) legally competent to enter into a civil contract.

As far as proving a negative, no, but you can't even prove a positive since you can't find a couple who has.

BINGO:

Prove none have dumbass.

You're asking someone to prove a negative...and then, ironically, calling them a dumbass.

Exactly. Which is why he's boasting I can't prove a negative because he can't prove his delusions.

BINGO:

Prove none have dumbass.

No you fat old hag. I never made any claim to begin with. Faun did. That no same sex family couple had ever married in Iowa.

So Faun, you and SeaBitch work this stuff out betwixt each other. Maybe 69, to rid yourselves of that awful frustration you both seem to have......

And get back to me.....:fu:

BINGO:

Prove none have dumbass.

Exactly. Which is why he's boasting I can't prove a negative because he can't prove his delusions.

Except you're lieing about me ever making such a claim

Now go place your head between SeaBitchs tiny titties and get comforted

Faun

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

An instruction pamphlet from a print shop in Spensor, Iowa, which actually does not disagree with my argument that same sex family members can Marry.

And a proposed piece of legislation making same sex family marriage illegal (because it's obviously legal now)

Then there are my sources, which include:

The law itself:

The opinion of 5 Attorneys:

And 2 independent sources that deal with a.) the law and b.) Marriage.

Let's get started, shall we with my supportive evidence, since you have none?

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

I love it though, dig this folks

Faun is arguing AGAINST SAME SEX MARRIAGE

Folks, you simply can't make this shit up.

BINGO:

Prove none have dumbass.

Who's lying, perv23? I never said you claimed there were such marriages. You only think I did because you really are as retarded as your posts indicate.

I said you "can't." That's why you don't.

Savvy?

Faun

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

An instruction pamphlet from a print shop in Spensor, Iowa, which actually does not disagree with my argument that same sex family members can Marry.

And a proposed piece of legislation making same sex family marriage illegal (because it's obviously legal now)

The law itself:

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

You can repeat your idiocy all night long, Iowa still doesn't allow close-family members to marry each other regardless of gender. And the relevant contents of that "pamphlet" either appears on, or is linked to, every Iowa government website I found where offering information on marriage, establishing it as an official state document containing official state prerequisites for marriage, despite your failed attempts to impeach it as just a pamphlet from a print shop.

:itsok:

Actually, you just made that shit up. And folks here know it.

I support same-sex marriage, you you're so brain deficient, you think I'm against it. :cuckoo:

I'm against any close-family members from marrying each other regardless of gender. Same-sex marriage has nothing to do with my position on that. Taking your idiocy to it's logicsl conclusion, you must think I'm against all marriages since since I'm also against opposite-sex close-family marriages.

:rolleyes:

Prove none have dumbass.

Who's lying, perv23? I never said you claimed there were such marriages. You only think I did because you really are as retarded as your posts indicate.

Savvy?

Oh, so all those post claiming I needed to find the names of same sex family members that married in Iowa to prove the legality was what?

An illusion?

You are pathetic.

Faun

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

The law itself:

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

You can repeat your idiocy all night long, Iowa still doesn't allow close-family members to marry each other regardless of gender. And the relevant contents of that "pamphlet" either appears on, or is linked to, every Iowa government website I found where offering information on marriage, establishing it as an official state document containing official state prerequisites for marriage, despite your failed attempts to impeach it as just a pamphlet from a print shop.

Are you an attorney? Because 5 in my links, at least one that specializes in Family Law IN IOWAN, thinks your full of shit.

And anyone who reads this thread, with all my supportive evidence, and you with none, know this to be true.

Let's recap shall we:

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

The law itself:

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

Actually, you just made that shit up. And folks here know it.

I support same-sex marriage, you you're so brain deficient, you think I'm against it. :cuckoo:

I'm against any close-family members from marrying each other regardless of gender. Same-sex marriage has nothing to do with my position on that. Taking your idiocy to it's logicsl conclusion, you must think I'm against all marriages since since I'm also against opposite-sex close-family marriages.

:rolleyes:

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

The law itself:

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

BINGO:

Roger J. Hudson II
Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.
All referencing the same statute, which again, is meaningless since as you're well aware by now, Iowa still doesn't allow close-family members to marry each other regardless of gender...

As far as proving a negative, no, but you can't even prove a positive since you can't find a couple who has.

Your using a logical falicy again.

The legality is real, the participation is irrelevant

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

The law itself:

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

BINGO:

Prove none have dumbass.

No you fat old hag. I never made any claim to begin with. Faun did. That no same sex family couple had ever married in Iowa.

So Faun, you and SeaBitch work this stuff out betwixt each other. Maybe 69, to rid yourselves of that awful frustration you both seem to have......

You made the claim they could...and were told to produce some. You can't because you are nothing but a bloviating troll and an anti gay bigot. Your slippery slope is no more real today than it was when someone said:

‘[If interracial couples have a right to marry], all our marriage acts forbidding intermarriage between persons within certain degrees of consanguinity are void.’

‘The underlying factors that constitute justification for laws against miscegenation closely parallel those which sustain the validity of prohibitions against incest and incestuous marriages.’

‘The State’s prohibition of interracial marriage . . . stands on the same footing as the prohibition ofpolygamous marriage, or incestuous marriage, or the prescription of minimum ages at which people may marry, and the prevention of the marriage of people who are mentally incompetent.’

BINGO:

Prove none have dumbass.

You made the claim they could...and were told to produce some. You can't because you are nothing but a bloviating troll and an anti gay bigot. Your slippery slope is no more real today than it was when someone said:

‘[If interracial couples have a right to marry], all our marriage acts forbidding intermarriage between persons within certain degrees of consanguinity are void.’

‘The underlying factors that constitute justification for laws against miscegenation closely parallel those which sustain the validity of prohibitions against incest and incestuous marriages.’

‘The State’s prohibition of interracial marriage . . . stands on the same footing as the prohibition ofpolygamous marriage, or incestuous marriage, or the prescription of minimum ages at which people may marry, and the prevention of the marriage of people who are mentally incompetent.’

Incorrect, I was told to produce proof of my claim, since my claim was the legality, not the participation, I backed up MY CLAIM with this. Read it and weep.

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

The law itself:

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

You and Faun continue to CLAIM it is not legal because because I can't produce names. A complete logical falicy.

You and Fawn have zero supportive evidence to back up the pamphlet you supplied as the proof (or lack thereof) that same sex family members can't Marry.

I have at least five attorneys that support my argument (many more if you count the members of the National Association of District Attorney, link supplied earlier in this thread), two independent web pages and the law itself.

Now go find some supporting evidence that same sex family marriage is illegal in Iowa. So far all I've seen is moaning, groaning and crying.

Prove none have dumbass.

Savvy?

Oh, so all those post claiming I needed to find the names of same sex family members that married in Iowa to prove the legality was what?

An illusion?

You are pathetic.
My challenging you to prove your claim that same-sex consanguineous marriages are permitted in Iowa by showing examples of that actually occurring is not an illusion.

Nor is it inferring you claimed any such couples got married.

As I see no evidence of any such marriages, I admit, it's a loaded question designed to expose your idiocy that such marriages are allowed in Iowa.

Why? Because if it were allowed, there's no question, in a country of 250 million eligible Americans, many of these marriages would have taken place over a 6 year period. There's also no question such marriages would have made the headlines since legal or not, like gay-marriages, consanguineous marriages have been banned ever since marriage laws were first drafted.

That you can't find a single same-sex close-family marriage speaks far louder to your claims than does your pointing to an ineffective law.

Faun

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

The law itself:

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

Are you an attorney? Because 5 in my links, at least one that specializes in Family Law IN IOWAN, thinks your full of shit.

And anyone who reads this thread, with all my supportive evidence, and you with none, know this to be true.

Let's recap shall we:

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

The law itself:

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.
No matter how many sources you link which reference that same law, Iowa still says that don't allow any close-family members to marry each other regardless of gender...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back