It's easier to condemn homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
You perverted dork, you're making my point. I've already pointed out any eligible couple in the U.S. can marry in Iowa. That's 250 million Americans.

And in 6 years, not one gas entered into such a marriage.

You described Iowa's situation a, "mess."

Looks like the only mess is the one betwixt your ears.

Prove none have dumbass.

You're asking someone to prove a negative...and then, ironically, calling them a dumbass.

It is you who must provide the evidence of your claims, bloviating troll.

No you fat old hag. I never made any claim to begin with. Faun did. That no same sex family couple had ever married in Iowa.

So Faun, you and SeaBitch work this stuff out betwixt each other. Maybe 69, to rid yourselves of that awful frustration you both seem to have......

And get back to me.....:fu:

You made the claim they could...and were told to produce some. You can't because you are nothing but a bloviating troll and an anti gay bigot. Your slippery slope is no more real today than it was when someone said:

‘[If interracial couples have a right to marry], all our marriage acts forbidding intermarriage between persons within certain degrees of consanguinity are void.’

‘The underlying factors that constitute justification for laws against miscegenation closely parallel those which sustain the validity of prohibitions against incest and incestuous marriages.’

‘The State’s prohibition of interracial marriage . . . stands on the same footing as the prohibition ofpolygamous marriage, or incestuous marriage, or the prescription of minimum ages at which people may marry, and the prevention of the marriage of people who are mentally incompetent.’

Incorrect, I was told to produce proof of my claim, since my claim was the legality, not the participation, I backed up MY CLAIM with this. Read it and weep.

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

An instruction pamphlet from a print shop in Spensor, Iowa, which actually does not disagree with my argument that same sex family members can Marry.

And a proposed piece of legislation making same sex family marriage illegal (because it's obviously legal now)

Then there are my sources, which include:

The law itself:

The opinion of 5 Attorneys:

And 2 independent sources that deal with a.) the law and b.) Marriage.

Let's get started, shall we with my supportive evidence, since you have none?

List of prohibited marriages

Iowa Annulment and Prohibited Marriage Laws - FindLaw

From an attorney with 31 years experience

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/general/2014/06/24/14-35420Robinson.pdf

Another attorneys opinion

CPA at Law: Pass Wealth Tax Free by Marrying a Descendant?

Another independent source:

Annulment Of Marriage In Iowa - Marriage | Laws.com

This ones interesting, from a family law attorney in West Des Moines, Iowa

Pretty much nails the idea that "the list" in 595.19" actually IS THE LIST OF PROHIBITED MARRIAGES

Can a woman and her great-uncle marry? - Avvo.com

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11
Iowa Code Sec. 595.19 lists "void" marriages. This section doesn't prohibit marriages between a woman and her grandmother's brother.

Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of R.J. Law Firm, P.C. are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
1. Marriages between the following persons who are related by
blood are void:
a. Between a man and his father's sister, mother's sister,
daughter, sister, son's daughter, daughter's daughter, brother's
daughter, or sister's daughter.
b. Between a woman and her father's brother, mother's
brother, son, brother, son's son, daughter's son, brother's son, or
sister's son.
c. Between first cousins.
2. Marriages between persons either of whom has a husband or wife
living are void, but, if the parties live and cohabit together after
the death or divorce of the former husband or wife, such marriage
shall be valid.

You and Faun continue to CLAIM it is not legal because because I can't produce names. A complete logical falicy.

You and Fawn have zero supportive evidence to back up the pamphlet you supplied as the proof (or lack thereof) that same sex family members can't Marry.

I have at least five attorneys that support my argument (many more if you count the members of the National Association of District Attorney, link supplied earlier in this thread), two independent web pages and the law itself.

Now go find some supporting evidence that same sex family marriage is illegal in Iowa. So far all I've seen is moaning, groaning and crying.
Is it your belief that no such marriages occurred in Iowa?

You're asking someone to prove a negative...and then, ironically, calling them a dumbass.

Exactly. Which is why he's boasting I can't prove a negative because he can't prove his delusions.

Except you're lieing about me ever making such a claim

Now go place your head between SeaBitchs tiny titties and get comforted
Who's lying, perv23? I never said you claimed there were such marriages. You only think I did because you really are as retarded as your posts indicate.

I said you "can't." That's why you don't.

Savvy?

Oh, so all those post claiming I needed to find the names of same sex family members that married in Iowa to prove the legality was what?

An illusion?

You are pathetic.
My challenging you to prove your claim that same-sex consanguineous marriages are permitted in Iowa by showing examples of that actually occurring is not an illusion.

Nor is it inferring you claimed any such couples got married.

As I see no evidence of any such marriages, I admit, it's a loaded question designed to expose your idiocy that such marriages are allowed in Iowa.

Why? Because if it were allowed, there's no question, in a country of 250 million eligible Americans, many of these marriages would have taken place over a 6 year period. There's also no question such marriages would have made the headlines since legal or not, like gay-marriages, consanguineous marriages have been banned ever since marriage laws were first drafted.

That you can't find a single same-sex close-family marriage speaks far louder to your claims than does your pointing to an ineffective law.

Trying to make sense of a logical fallacy is your problem, not mine.

If you were so concerned over participation, you would do the leg work yourself. It's been noticed you won't.

Prove none have dumbass.

No you fat old hag. I never made any claim to begin with. Faun did. That no same sex family couple had ever married in Iowa.

So Faun, you and SeaBitch work this stuff out betwixt each other. Maybe 69, to rid yourselves of that awful frustration you both seem to have......

You made the claim they could...and were told to produce some. You can't because you are nothing but a bloviating troll and an anti gay bigot. Your slippery slope is no more real today than it was when someone said:

‘[If interracial couples have a right to marry], all our marriage acts forbidding intermarriage between persons within certain degrees of consanguinity are void.’

‘The underlying factors that constitute justification for laws against miscegenation closely parallel those which sustain the validity of prohibitions against incest and incestuous marriages.’

‘The State’s prohibition of interracial marriage . . . stands on the same footing as the prohibition ofpolygamous marriage, or incestuous marriage, or the prescription of minimum ages at which people may marry, and the prevention of the marriage of people who are mentally incompetent.’

Incorrect, I was told to produce proof of my claim, since my claim was the legality, not the participation, I backed up MY CLAIM with this. Read it and weep.

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

An instruction pamphlet from a print shop in Spensor, Iowa, which actually does not disagree with my argument that same sex family members can Marry.

And a proposed piece of legislation making same sex family marriage illegal (because it's obviously legal now)

The law itself:

Pretty much nails the idea that "the list" in 595.19" actually IS THE LIST OF PROHIBITED MARRIAGES

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11
Iowa Code Sec. 595.19 lists "void" marriages. This section doesn't prohibit marriages between a woman and her grandmother's brother.

Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of R.J. Law Firm, P.C. are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

You and Faun continue to CLAIM it is not legal because because I can't produce names. A complete logical falicy.

You and Fawn have zero supportive evidence to back up the pamphlet you supplied as the proof (or lack thereof) that same sex family members can't Marry.

I have at least five attorneys that support my argument (many more if you count the members of the National Association of District Attorney, link supplied earlier in this thread), two independent web pages and the law itself.

Now go find some supporting evidence that same sex family marriage is illegal in Iowa. So far all I've seen is moaning, groaning and crying.

I could care less. My concern is that it's legal, which it is.

Why? If they did, what difference would it make to yours?

Faun

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

The law itself:

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

I love it though, dig this folks

Faun is arguing AGAINST SAME SEX MARRIAGE

Folks, you simply can't make this shit up.
You can repeat your idiocy all night long, Iowa still doesn't allow close-family members to marry each other regardless of gender. And the relevant contents of that "pamphlet" either appears on, or is linked to, every Iowa government website I found where offering information on marriage, establishing it as an official state document containing official state prerequisites for marriage, despite your failed attempts to impeach it as just a pamphlet from a print shop.

:itsok:

Are you an attorney? Because 5 in my links, at least one that specializes in Family Law IN IOWAN, thinks your full of shit.

And anyone who reads this thread, with all my supportive evidence, and you with none, know this to be true.

Let's recap shall we:

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

The law itself:

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.
No matter how many sources you link which reference that same law, Iowa still says that don't allow any close-family members to marry each other regardless of gender...

IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF APPLICANTS TO READ THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE MAKING APPLICATION!

Iowa law provides that marriage is a civil contract between two persons who are (1) 18 years of age or older; (2) not already married to each other or still legally married to someone else; (3) not closely related by blood or first cousins; and (4) legally competent to enter into a civil contract.

:dance:

Yet you can't supply supporting evidence?

I can, shows you're wrong

Exactly. Which is why he's boasting I can't prove a negative because he can't prove his delusions.

Except you're lieing about me ever making such a claim

Now go place your head between SeaBitchs tiny titties and get comforted
Who's lying, perv23? I never said you claimed there were such marriages. You only think I did because you really are as retarded as your posts indicate.

I said you "can't." That's why you don't.

Savvy?

Oh, so all those post claiming I needed to find the names of same sex family members that married in Iowa to prove the legality was what?

An illusion?

You are pathetic.
My challenging you to prove your claim that same-sex consanguineous marriages are permitted in Iowa by showing examples of that actually occurring is not an illusion.

Nor is it inferring you claimed any such couples got married.

As I see no evidence of any such marriages, I admit, it's a loaded question designed to expose your idiocy that such marriages are allowed in Iowa.

Why? Because if it were allowed, there's no question, in a country of 250 million eligible Americans, many of these marriages would have taken place over a 6 year period. There's also no question such marriages would have made the headlines since legal or not, like gay-marriages, consanguineous marriages have been banned ever since marriage laws were first drafted.

That you can't find a single same-sex close-family marriage speaks far louder to your claims than does your pointing to an ineffective law.

Trying to make sense of a logical fallacy is your problem, not mine.

If you were so concerned over participation, you would do the leg work yourself. It's been noticed you won't.
I won't? I've already posted a Google search for such marriages and found none.

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

The law itself:

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

Odd how your position shifts, huh? You said such couples probably would marry for the financial benefits.

Now you say you don't care. Truth is, you know you can't prove any such couples got married so even though your position was they probably would marry, you've changed it to simply they can marry.

Only they haven't.

Because no state in the country allows it.

Faun

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

The law itself:

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

You can repeat your idiocy all night long, Iowa still doesn't allow close-family members to marry each other regardless of gender. And the relevant contents of that "pamphlet" either appears on, or is linked to, every Iowa government website I found where offering information on marriage, establishing it as an official state document containing official state prerequisites for marriage, despite your failed attempts to impeach it as just a pamphlet from a print shop.

Are you an attorney? Because 5 in my links, at least one that specializes in Family Law IN IOWAN, thinks your full of shit.

And anyone who reads this thread, with all my supportive evidence, and you with none, know this to be true.

Let's recap shall we:

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

The law itself:

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.
No matter how many sources you link which reference that same law, Iowa still says that don't allow any close-family members to marry each other regardless of gender...

IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF APPLICANTS TO READ THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE MAKING APPLICATION!

Iowa law provides that marriage is a civil contract between two persons who are (1) 18 years of age or older; (2) not already married to each other or still legally married to someone else; (3) not closely related by blood or first cousins; and (4) legally competent to enter into a civil contract.

You have no supporting evidence. You're citing a law you don't understand doesn't mean what you think it means and what you call supporting evidence is actually others referencing that same law.

:cuckoo:

Meanwhile, I've shown where Iowa says they don't allow any consanguineous marriages regardless of gender.

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

The law itself:

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

Odd how your position shifts, huh? You said such couples probably would marry for the financial benefits.

Now you say you don't care. Truth is, you know you can't prove any such couples got married so even though your position was they probably would marry, you've changed it to simply they can marry.

Only they haven't.

Your desperation is delicious.

Such a couple would.......

Is not the same as

Such a couple has......

Displaying you logical fallacy is as easy as that.

Faun

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

The law itself:

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

Let's recap shall we:

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

The law itself:

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

You have no supporting evidence. You're citing a law you don't understand doesn't mean what you think it means and what you call supporting evidence is actually others referencing that same law.

:cuckoo:

Meanwhile, I've shown where Iowa says they don't allow any consanguineous marriages regardless of gender.

5 attorneys disagree.

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

The law itself:

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

Only they haven't.

Is not the same as

Such a couple has......

You claim it's legal ... you claim it allows people to avoid paying taxes ... you claim it would be financial boom for hundreds of millions of people ... you claim people would do it ....

... yet you can't find one who did.

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

The law itself:

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

Only they haven't.

Is not the same as

Such a couple has......

You claim it's legal ... you claim it allows people to avoid paying taxes ... you claim it would be financial boom for hundreds of millions of people ... you claim people would do it ....

Look at what you have:

A logical fallacy

The law itself:

Roger J. Hudson II

Family Law Attorney

Posted on Jun 11

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

Only they haven't.

Is not the same as

Such a couple has......

Never looked.

You claim it's not legal

You can't back it up

I've shown legal opinions it is

So, do your homework and back up you're statement.

Only they haven't.

Is not the same as

Such a couple has......

Only they haven't.

Is not the same as

Such a couple has......

Never looked.

You claim it's not legal

You can't back it up

Bullshit, you never looked. You scoured the Internet because if you could have found even one consanguineous marriage, you could have shown Iowa allows it. You know it. I know it.

You can't find one because there are none because Iowa doesn't allow it.

Only they haven't.

Is not the same as

Such a couple has......

Only they haven't.

Is not the same as

Such a couple has......

Never looked.

You claim it's not legal

You can't back it up

Bullshit, you never looked. You scoured the Internet because if you could have found even one consanguineous marriage, you could have shown Iowa allows it. You know it. I know it.

From cpaatlaw.com

Pass Wealth Tax Free by Marrying a Descendant? ~ CPA at Law

The state of Iowa chose to remain silent on this question; its statute declares as void any marriage between "a man and his father's sister, mother's sister, daughter, sister, son's daughter, daughter's daughter, brother's daughter, or sister's daughter" (and vice versa) in Iowa Code Ann. § 595.19. The court in Varnum v. Brien did not mention 595.19 or consanguinity and the legislature has not updated the statute since. As such, Iowa has seen fit to allow close same-sex relatives to marry; accordingly, an unmarried woman can marry her daughter and pass wealth to her tax free.

Only they haven't.

Is not the same as

Such a couple has......

Only they haven't.

Is not the same as

Such a couple has......

Never looked.

You claim it's not legal

You can't back it up

From cpaatlaw.com

The state of Iowa chose to remain silent on this question; its statute declares as void any marriage between "a man and his father's sister, mother's sister, daughter, sister, son's daughter, daughter's daughter, brother's daughter, or sister's daughter" (and vice versa) in Iowa Code Ann. § 595.19. The court in Varnum v. Brien did not mention 595.19 or consanguinity and the legislature has not updated the statute since. As such, Iowa has seen fit to allow close same-sex relatives to marry; accordingly, an unmarried woman can marry her daughter and pass wealth to her tax free.
Why would I believe the word of some random person on the Internet over the word of the state? Iowa says they don't allow such marriages...

Is not the same as

Such a couple has......

Is not the same as

Such a couple has......

Never looked.

You claim it's not legal

You can't back it up

From cpaatlaw.com

Why would I believe the word of some random person on the Internet over the word of the state? Iowa says they don't allow such marriages...

Because that random person backs up his argument with many legal opinions from actual attorneys.

But you have a pamphlet you can't back up.

So sad for you

Never looked.

You claim it's not legal

You can't back it up

From cpaatlaw.com

Because that random person backs up his argument with many legal opinions from actual attorneys.

So sad for you
The "pamphlet" Iowa has on their government websites? The one which reads, "not closely related by blood or first cousins", are not eligible to marry in their state?

And you didn't answer my question... why would I take the word of some random person you found on the Internet over the "pamphlet" I found on their government websites?

And of course I have evidence which backs me up... not a single such marriage took place in Iowa in 6 years. Even you said families, out of hundreds of millions of people, would marry to take advantage of marriage benefits. Yet none have.

Iowa also says you can't marry there -- you have to be legally competent.

Never looked.

You claim it's not legal

You can't back it up

From cpaatlaw.com

So sad for you
The "pamphlet" Iowa has on their government websites? The one which reads, "not closely related by blood or first cousins", are not eligible to marry in their state?

And you didn't answer my question... why would I take the word of some random person you found on the Internet over the "pamphlet" I found on their government websites?

And of course I have evidence which backs me up... not a single such marriage took place in Iowa in 6 years. Even you said families, out of hundreds of millions of people, would marry to take advantage of marriage benefits. Yet none have.

Prove none have

I'm sure you can gladly supply the DNA tests, right.

And the law specifically states the pairs who's marriages are void (the opposite of Valid) it appears you are wrong.

Here is the license qualification that you pamphlet references:
595.3 LICENSE.
Previous to the solemnization of any marriage, a license for that
purpose must be obtained from the county registrar. The license must
not be granted in any case:

1. Where either party is under the age necessary to render the
marriage valid.
2. Where either party is under eighteen years of age, unless the
marriage is approved by a judge of the district court as provided by
section 595.2.
3. Where either party is disqualified from making any civil
contract.
4. Where the parties are within the degrees of consanguinity or
affinity in which marriages are prohibited by law.
5. Where either party is a ward under a guardianship and the
court has made a finding that the ward lacks the capacity to contract
a valid marriage.

Your pamphlet references number 4.

Those prohibited are outlined in 595.19

They are:
Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

Sorry dude, still wrong.

Any way you cut it, same sex immediate family members may Marry in Iowa.

Last edited:

From cpaatlaw.com

So sad for you

Prove none have

And the law specifically states the pairs who's marriages are void (the opposite of Valid) it appears you are wrong.

595.3 LICENSE.

marriage valid.
section 595.2.
contract.
a valid marriage.

They are:
Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

Sorry dude, still wrong.

That was last updated in 2005, before Supreme Court rulings altered their marriage laws.

Their latest instructions indicate no consanguineous marriages are allowed.

From cpaatlaw.com

So sad for you

Prove none have

595.3 LICENSE.

marriage valid.
section 595.2.
contract.
a valid marriage.

They are:
Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

Sorry dude, still wrong.

That was last updated in 2005, before Supreme Court rulings altered their marriage laws.

So using you're idiotic logic. A stepdaughter can marry her stepfather and a stepson can Marry his stepmother.

Also then, show us the updated version.

Clue, you're pamphlet is just reference material. The ACTUAL LAW is superior.

You lose again

So sad for you

Prove none have

595.3 LICENSE.

marriage valid.
section 595.2.
contract.
a valid marriage.

They are:
Iowa Code 595.19

595.19 VOID MARRIAGES.
blood are void:
sister's son.
shall be valid.

Sorry dude, still wrong.

So using you're idiotic logic. A stepdaughter can marry her stepfather and a stepson can Marry his stepmother.

Also then, show us the updated version.

Clue, you're pamphlet is just reference material. The ACTUAL LAW is superior.

You lose again
If the law was superior, men wouldn't be allowed to marry men since that's how the law reads. Supreme Court rulings have altered laws regarding gender and marriage.

And still, Iowa doesn't allow any close-family members to marry each other regardless of gender...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back