🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

It's gonna be fun when we can sue Google, Twitter and other online groups for censorship

Sadly, there will soon be MORE censorship starting in January as soon as President-elect Biden takes office.

Just as the Soviets used to literally "disappear" certain leaders from photographs, so, too, will the Dem media relegate former President Trump to the status of a non-person. One exception: If President Biden's Justice Department is able to get the former President indicted on some charge. Dems dream of seeing Mr. Trump do the perp walk.

It's Trump trying to ban books.

So are you in the class action or out?

Editing or moving a post makes the online site a publisher

So go right ahead and hide the post that embarrass Biden with the truth

CIAO
No website can be considered a publisher of content submitted by a user.
You apparently did not read the link, things change kid. Google is also under antitrust investigation and will soon be broken up, which suits me fine because I own the company anyway and will then own all the satellite stocks as well including the quantum computing section. What do you own

"Google is also under antitrust investigation and will soon be broken up, which suits me fine because I own the company..."

:laughing0301:

CIAO

Don't you ever get tired of his incessant, constant whining?
The fucker has the mic 24/7 and now he's pissing because his hate speech is being banned on social media?
You're as big a baby as he is.
Waaah! Waaaaaaaah!
You don't. Why should anyone else?

CIAO
You apparently did not read the link, things change kid. Google is also under antitrust investigation and will soon be broken up, which suits me fine because I own the company anyway and will then own all the satellite stocks as well including the quantum computing section. What do you own

"Google is also under antitrust investigation and will soon be broken up, which suits me fine because I own the company..."

Bring it on government, I can use some new stock in a quantum computing company.

PS I also own Apple by the way

So are you gonna join the class action?

What notable companies do you own?

Sadly, there will soon be MORE censorship starting in January as soon as President-elect Biden takes office.

Just as the Soviets used to literally "disappear" certain leaders from photographs, so, too, will the Dem media relegate former President Trump to the status of a non-person. One exception: If President Biden's Justice Department is able to get the former President indicted on some charge. Dems dream of seeing Mr. Trump do the perp walk.
Both sides want this changed. Just for different reasons.

Publishers have a right to decide what content they want published.
For the government to intervene would be fascism.
Look it up, Sparky.
Your O/P is a dud.
Then as publishers, like all publishers, they can be sued for ANYTHING liable that ANYONE says on their “platforms”.

Look it up, Sparky.
Your O/P is a dud.
Then as publishers, like all publishers, they can be sued for ANYTHING liable that ANYONE says on their “platforms”.
So basically they’re just going to kick everyone off the platforms who does anything that could be remotely inflammatory.

Congrats. You’ll break the internet.

CIAO

It is their platform. They can censor anyone they want. The courts have already said that. Free speech rights do not apply to Facebook.

Unfortunately Trump wasn't holding his breath. Article is dated: Jun 26, 2019, 8:18 AM
Actually the date is May 28 2020

If social media companies can be sued for content, this will lead to MORE censorship, not less. If I'm Google, I'm going to want to make sure than any insult posted is rooted in fact, otherwise Google can be sued.

If Donald Trump says Joe Biden is a lying crook, and Joe sues Google for posting it, Dumb Donald is going to be barred from being able to post that Joe Biden is a lying crook, unless Joe Biden has been found guilty in a court of law of theft and perjury.

In order to protect themselves from idiots like Trump who are lawsuit magnets, as part of the Terms of Use that YOU agree to when you join, you're going to have to Indemnify the platform from any law suits that happen because of your posts. If you call Kamala Harris a whore, and she sues Google for publishing it, you're going to have to reimburse Google for the cost of the law suit, including any settlement they make on those you lied about.

Even worse, if you call Kamala Harris a whore, and she sues Google for publishing it Google wins the suit, you're atill going to have to reimburse Google for the cost of their legal fees in winning the case, because if you're the Defendant in a libel suit and you win, you're still going to have to pay a big legal bill.

That's why Donald Trump is desperate to change the libel laws. So rich guys like him can sue his critics into the ground. He'll sue over everything that's said about him, because the journalists, reporters, and commentators who tell the truth about him, can be broken and harmed by fighting for truth.

Look it up, Sparky.
Your O/P is a dud.
So basically they’re just going to kick everyone off the platforms who does anything that could be remotely inflammatory.

You keep confusing what you believe for what will be.

Telling Twitter and Facebook they can't edit or fact check my post will not break the internet. These, dramatic rushed to extreme fear are so yesterday.

Look it up, Sparky.
Your O/P is a dud.

Telling Twitter and Facebook they can't edit or fact check my post will not break the internet. These, dramatic rushed to extreme fear are so yesterday.
So who determines what is acceptable to edit and what isn’t? Surely there are some posts which really do need to be taken down.

Look it up, Sparky.
Your O/P is a dud.

So who determines what is acceptable to edit and what isn’t? Surely there are some posts which really do need to be taken down.

" So who determines what is acceptable to edit and what isn’t? Surely there are some posts which really do need to be taken down. "

according to conservatives;

'the only good democrat is a dead democrat'

is acceptable FREE SPEECH

but

"golly, conservatives say terrible things!"

is NOT!

it is
- an attempt to deny conservatives FREE SPEECH
- an attack on ALL conservatives
- an example of liberal fascism
- HATE SPEECH

Look it up, Sparky.
Your O/P is a dud.

Wait I thought the internet was already doomed from getting rid of net neutrality. Remember that bit of history? When we were all going to have to spend $1 per google search.

Either google et.al. will do what you say and completely collapse their business model and revenue....or they’ll go back to being what google was and should be, which is a platform that allows all legal speech, and not the publisher like they have been.

CIAO

If he's a stockholder he is....dumbfuck

Look it up, Sparky.
Your O/P is a dud.

Wait I thought the internet was already doomed from getting rid of net neutrality. Remember that bit of history? When we were all going to have to spend $1 per google search.

Either google et.al. will do what you say and completely collapse their business model and revenue....or they’ll go back to being what google was and should be, which is a platform that allows all legal speech, and not the publisher like they have been.
Who asked you what google should be? That’s not your decision.

No private company or individual can violate your First Amendment rights.

How many times does this have to be said before it sinks in?

Look it up, Sparky.
Your O/P is a dud.

No one. Just like no one can tell the black Hebrew Israelites what they can and cannot say. Free speech is extended into the internet.

Look it up, Sparky.
Your O/P is a dud.

Who asked you what google should be? That’s not your decision.
Nobody said it was. Nobody tells The NY Times what they should be. The NY Times puts out the stories they want to print, they choose which topics to cover, and which to not. They choose who their authors are and which op-Ed’s they’ll print. They’ll decide which story or article the public sees first, and which to move to the back of the line. Which is precisely what google does. If google wants to behave like The NY Times, they are free to do so. However, they will not be shielded from the liable laws, just like The NY Times aren’t.

On the flip side if google wants to behave like a platform, like a telephone company, they are free to do so. Everyone’s allowed to use our telephones if they wish, and everyone is allowed to say what they want. That’s none of our business to police what they should and shouldn’t say and why. Therefore telephone companies aren’t responsible for what their users say on their service.

No private company or individual can violate your First Amendment rights.

How many times does this have to be said before it sinks in?
Yes they can. Let’s say a company or place of business, like a store, has a community bulletin board, where the public can post fliers, ads, etc. That store is prohibited from picking and choosing what can be posted or taken down on that community board.

Forum List

Back