🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

It's Happening Again - Homes Lost - Some Rent Control Needed

If the government, today, mandated $1 gasoline, would gas stations or oil refineries shut down?
1.)
1639367208758.png

2.)
1639367288816.png

Then I misunderstood that post.

The sooner the better. It will be harder later.

All of there costs have gone up because of the gov't and inflation. Not to mention the Hurricanes and increases in costs. They are passing those costs on to the consumer. Way it has always worked.

That doesn't make them a shark. They have no obligation to eat the increased costs of owning those rental units.
I think your not seeing what's happening here in Florida. It's not exactly the same as California. Read my posts about Biden and the housing saturation.

I think your not seeing what's happening here in Florida. It's not exactly the same as California. Read my posts about Biden and the housing saturation.
I see my costs going up as a homeowner. I also have daughters who rent and helped one look for housing not long ago. The costs are through the roof here in Alabama. Hurricane insurance went up as well.

At work.......construction our costs are much higher and we are having trouble getting material to do the jobs.

You called me a Liar immediately after I said "my rental rate having gone up dramatically."

I called you a liar because you said a rent hike was theft. Liar.

And yes, the landlords are stealing from the renters. taking $250-$500 a month from us.

Higher prices aren't theft. Liar.

And you support Biden's airlifts, and their resulting housing saturation & rent rocketing.

Biden is the worst. We need to seal the border, today. Illegal aliens need to be deported, today.

Biden bootlicker.

Lying liberal twat.
You heard what I said. I stick by it.

Well, at least you've got the right idea about illegal aliens. We do agree on that.

Higher prices on non-necessities are one thing. Higher prices on CRITICAL necessities (housing) is a whole nother ball game - especially when the "higher" is $250-$500 a month more out of our pockets. To impose this on low-income, elderly people (some who are physically unable to move, money or not) is unconscionable, immoral, despicable.

Last edited:
I see my costs going up as a homeowner. I also have daughters who rent and helped one look for housing not long ago. The costs are through the roof here in Alabama. Hurricane insurance went up as well.

At work.......construction our costs are much higher and we are having trouble getting material to do the jobs.
A lot of bad things are happening. I knew the country was going to come apart when I saw Biden slither into the White House. Sure enough.

Well the mods still haven’t gotten back to me, so I very much doubt they’d go out of their way for you. Put up or shut up.
You cant read. I'm the one who's doing the putting up, while you are just yammering about the mods. Stop blabbering. You want to make the bet, or don't you ?

In case anybody isn't fully aware of the full extent of the harms we get from Biden's illegal alien importation program, here's a list >> (housing isn't the only disaster)

See my Post # 51.

Well, at least you've got the right idea about illegal aliens. We do agree on that.

Higher prices on non-necessities are one thing. Higher prices on CRITICAL necessities (housing) is a whole nother ball game - especially when the "higher" is $250-$500 a month more out of our pockets. To impose this on low-income, elderly people (some who are physically unable to move, money or not) is unconscionable, immoral, despicable.

Yes, you've been sticking by your lies. And your idiocy.

You must be the "moron" when you come right back, saying the same thing that was just refuted in the very post you quoted.

AGAIN >> It wouldn't be at a loss. There's no reason to think that. Gas is $3.00/gallon right now. Do you see any gas stations or oil refineries shutting down ?

Some people need to be told twice. :rolleyes:
You haven’t refuted anything. Gas prices are set according to costs. Keep the cost the same and force the seller to cut the price by two thirds and the gas station will lose two bucks on each gallon. No money to replace the gas in the tanks, no money for power to run the pumps and lights, and no money for attendants. The gas station has to close as soon as it empties the tanks. Look up the breakdown of gas prices sometime. The government gets far more than the refiner or gas station.

You cant read. I'm the one who's doing the putting up, while you are just yammering about the mods. Stop blabbering. You want to make the bet, or don't you ?
I already agreed, you just have to post the documents so I can verify them. For obvious reasons, I don’t trust you as far as I could throw a Home Depot. The mods still haven’t gotten back to me about you. No answer is an answer, so they aren’t going to get involved.

Last edited:
You haven’t refuted anything. Gas prices are set according to costs. Keep the cost the same and force the seller to cut the price by two thirds and the gas station will lose two bucks on each gallon. No money to replace the gas in the tanks, no money for power to run the pumps and lights, and no money for attendants. The gas station has to close as soon as it empties the tanks. Look up the breakdown of gas prices sometime. The government gets far more than the refiner or gas station.
Yes , I refuted you, and now here again >> You're NOT cutting a price by 2/3. By having $3/gallon gas, that is retaining the CURRENT PRICE.

So all the dreadful things you described don't exist.

I already agreed, you just have to post the documents so I can verify them. For obvious reasons, I don’t trust you as far as I could throw a Home Depot. The mods still haven’t gotten back to me about you. No answer is an answer, so they aren’t going to get involved.
I haven't seen where you agreed. Where/When was that ?

AGREED means you allow the mods to judge the bet. You refuse to do that, so you have NOT AGREED to the bet I proposed. You're just another chickenshit, like all the rest of them, except you pretend to be a better, by proposing your own conditions that you know I can't accept.

And you can't pretend to have your phony "post the documents" scenario to be valid, since you yourself, are an anonymous poster too.

Don't run away and I won't remind people that you're a pussy.
I still here right now - haven't ran away to anywhere. I'm not obligated to post every day. Unlike some people in this forum, I have another life outside of USMB, and am VERY busy with many things to do, like starting a new job, and trying to get moved out of my increased rent apartment, when the places to move to are few.
(and posting in other threads in this forum).

But I WILL "remind people" that you're a hypocrite. How about having $250 taken out of your pocket every month, with nothing given to you in return ? You're OK with that ? No need to answer.

Sounds like the market. Pussy.
Sounds like $250 every month, out of your pocket. Call it whatever you want. $250 out of your pocket every month - you get nothing in return. You're OK with it ?

Since you won't answer, I'll answer it for you. Hell NO, you're NOT OK with it. Hypocrite.
Phony. Scammer. Jerk.

Forum List

Back