🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

It's Happening Again - Homes Lost - Some Rent Control Needed

Prices will continue to rise with the stupidity of our Gov't. Inflation and higher prices on everything is driving up everything. Insurance has gone up in Hurricane areas. That is also part of the equation. What is needed is massive construction of housing to counter the supply problem. OR A MASS EVICTION OF ILLEGALS......

Giving the gov't MORE POWER is the last thing we need. They are the ones who are fucking this shit up.
Of course you are correct that > more housing is needed, and of course getting rid of the illegals is also needed. But as we know form follows function. As things stand right now, Biden is in power, and he is saturating cities with illegal aliens (many of whom have big buck$$). Until Biden and Harris are gone, and the order at the border is restored, we have a disastrous situation/crisis, and I will remind all posters in this thread, that the point of reference in this thread is the RENTERS who are having 50-100% increases in their most expensive, constantly ongoing expense > Housing. The is the PRIMARY TOPIC. And millions of them being forced out into the street, with really nowhere to go.

It is not Biden, his migrant VOTES, the greed freak landlords, or any ideological ideas about government as a problem solver.

Of course you are correct that > more housing is needed, and of course getting rid of the illegals is also needed. But as we know form follows function. As things stand right now, Biden is in power, and he is saturating cities with illegal aliens (many of whom have big buck$$). Until Biden and Harris are gone, and the order at the border is restored, we have a disastrous situation/crisis, and I will remind all posters in this thread, that the point of reference in this thread is the RENTERS who are having 50-100% increases in their most expensive, constantly ongoing expense > Housing. The is the PRIMARY TOPIC. And millions of them being forced out into the street, with really nowhere to go.

It is not Biden, his migrant VOTES, the greed freak landlords, or any ideological ideas about government as a problem solver.
Rent control is more gas on the fire. Housing went up 50 to 60 % since the covid nonsense. Insurance close to the same for hurricanes. Construction materialbis through the roof right now.

Arresting the cow because he saw the fox kill the chicken doesnt work.

You are very behind the times. FL is experiencing very high net migration of actual U.S. citizens (the ones can afford expensive moving company's).

As someone who has lived in SF or Oakland for the past 23 years, I have seen what rent control has done to both of those cities (as well as Berkeley when I was a student). A major complaint locally is that new housing stock is virtually all built for high income folks. That is the economic reality of trying to control prices; supply for the lower price points drops...even when you include the grossly high cost to build public housing projects that are the slums of the future. That's A Fact Jack
Your post has already been addressed in previous posts. I'm well aware of US migration. As already stated, US migration has been going on for years, and well before the huge spikes in housing prices that are occuring NOW.

As for your 23 years in wherever, as stated in previous posts, New York City has had rent control of some degree for 100 years. I grew up in a rent controlled apartment in New York, and I lived in the city with rent control for 30 years. If Tampa now had rent control like New York had, we would not have the crisis chaos we have now.
Landlords would still be making their decent profits as before, and millions of people in Florida et al states, would not be having their lives ruined.

Your post has already been addressed in previous posts. I'm well aware of US migration. As already stated, US migration has been going on for years, and well before the huge spikes in housing prices that are occuring NOW.

As for your 23 years in wherever, as stated in previous posts, New York City has had rent control of some degree for 100 years. I grew up in a rent controlled apartment in New York, and I lived in the city with rent control for 30 years. If Tampa now had rent control like New York had, we would not have the crisis chaos we have now.
Landlords would still be making their decent profits as before, and millions of people in Florida et al states, would not be having their lives ruined.

Sorry Not Sorry, but I am not going to read every post you make before commenting.

Citing NYC is pretty amusing. Is is an utter shithole now.

Rent control is more gas on the fire. Housing went up 50 to 60 % since the covid nonsense. Insurance close to the same for hurricanes. Construction materialbis through the roof right now.

Arresting the cow because he saw the fox kill the chicken doesnt work.
NO! Rent control puts out the fire. At least until we can get rid of Biden and his illegal aliens. The "fire" is millions of people sent out into the street with no place to live. Landlords can con is all they want about construction materials, oh yeah this & that, the reality is Biden is pumping millions of people into US cites, and greedy landlords are going hog wild.

Cow, fox, chicken analogy makes no sense.

Last edited:
Sorry Not Sorry, but I am not going to read every post you make before commenting.

Citing NYC is pretty amusing. Is is an utter shithole now.
Sure it is, but that is because of liberal idiots - has nothing to do with rent control, which is neither a liberal or conservative thing. It is just a (possibly temporary) bandage, to address an extreme condition.

NO! Rent control puts out the fire. At least until we can get rid of Biden and his illegal aliens. The "fire" is millions of people sent out into the street with no place to live. Landlords can con is all they want about construction materials, oh yeah this & that, the reality is Biden is pumping millions of people into US cites, and greedy landlords are going hog wild.
Wrong. It only makes it worse. Then builders will say fuck building there just like California.

Our dollar is dying. You gotta adapt or be crushed later. Sucks but it is the truth
Ill never agree to giving the assholes who did this more power

Wrong. It only makes it worse. Then builders will say fuck building there just like California.

Our dollar is dying. You gotta adapt or be crushed later. Sucks but it is the truth
Ill never agree to giving the assholes who did this more power
No they won't, and the proof of it is that builders were building before Biden came along, before the migrants dumps, and everything would simply restore back to that.

And you aren't giving power to the "assholes who did this" you would giving power to the people (the ones/renters who are being screwed by Biden, the illegals, and the landlords)

No they won't, and the proof of it is that builders were building before Biden came along, before the migrants dumps, and everything would simply restore back to that.

And you aren't giving power to the "assholes who did this" you would giving power to the people (the ones/renters who are being screwed by Biden, the illegals, and the landlords)
Baloney the plannedemic did that. Started before brandon on housing costs. Top it off supply shortages Its hard to get materials at work now. I also know my insurance went up as well.

Our politicians brought inflation and owners sre passing it fotward.

Get your own place soon. Its gonna get worse. You have been warned and i gave you info to help. Its now on you

"whiney a-hole tenants," huh ? No, you're not a landlord. Not much. Gave yourself away on that one, Mr LANDLORD. (and a nasty one, at that)

Yes, whiney a-hole tenants. Did I hit a little too close to home?

No, you're not a landlord.

Nope. Not now, not ever, never.

Gave yourself away on that one, Mr LANDLORD.

Durr. Now spread some more of your economic wisdom, professor. LOL!

YOU are the liberal who is in support of Biden's migrant dumps, and the liberal landlords working in tandem with him.

As for the supply, it is only saturated, because of Biden's migrant dumping (all over the US), and it is just the foreign migrants who are the so-called "demand". None of this is anything close to normal supply & demand, and YOU KNOW IT.

It is all a scheme by a rogue who highjacked the White House with election fraud, with no intent to do anything but use it to enrich himself, and his family, consistent with what he's done all along, before becoming president. The migrant airlifts and dumps are to get him VOTES that he knows he cant get from the American people, who see him for the corrupt, conniving scammer that he is.

YOU are the liberal who is in support of Biden's migrant dumps, and the liberal landlords working in tandem with him.

Liar. I want to boot 30 million illegal aliens, to start.

1. You obviously don't know how govt can control & affect the supply of rental property or gas.

2. No need to address your idiotic off topic hypotheicals, designed to support your goofball ideas.

3. "Really ?" You don't know ?You need to pay attention to what goes on in the government, student. Watch Newsmax, the First, or OAN. I don't need to post specifics, but I'm in a good mood, so I'll give you a break. The govt can adjust the supply of gasoline, by things like what Presidents Trump and Biden have done. Trump increased the supply. Biden decreased it. Duh! (as if you didnt know, right ?)

• the Biden de facto moratorium on domestic drilling on federal lands
  • killing pipelines here in the United States
  • Amidst Gas Shortage, Biden Proposes Another Drilling Ban › American Greatness
  • Gavin Newsom fires California official who OKd big increase in fracking

• If Texas were a country, it would account for the most new oil and gas production in the world. Between 2020 and 2029, Texas could account for 28 percent of all additional output, Global Witness says.

Canada and Pennsylvania tie for second and third with 7 percent each. Then comes New Mexico at 5 percent of the growth and North Dakota at 4 percent. Oklahoma, Brazil, Colorado, Russia and Ohio are all tied at 3 percent a piece.

In other words, 7 out of the top 10 sources of new oil and gas production globally over the next decade are U.S. states.

“If things don’t change, by the end of the next decade, new oil and gas fields in the US will produce more than twice what Saudi Arabia produces today,” Global Witness said in its report.

This was posted by Stephen Green on Aug 28, 2019, when Trump was still president, and after almost 3 years of his pro-oil drilling policies.

1. You obviously don't know how govt can control & affect the supply of rental property or gas.

2. No need to address your idiotic off topic hypotheicals, designed to support your goofball ideas.

Run away, again, professor.

3. "Really ?" You don't know ?

Really? You're going to run away instead of proving your claim? LOL! Weak.

I don't need to post specifics,

Because you can't.

The govt can adjust the supply of gasoline, by things like what Presidents Trump and Biden have done. Trump increased the supply.

Did Trump increase the supply by fixing the price? DURR

Whether you claim or don't claim, I proposed a bet. You wouldn't take it. And actually you DID claim. You called me a liar (CLAIMED I was lying), about my rental rate having gone up dramatically. I could easily prove what I said, so my bet offer still stands. :biggrin:

Thought it was too far back in the thread (Post 388) that I couldn't find it ?

protectionist said:
1. Raising an apartment rent from $550/month to $900 (now it's gone up to $1,090) is landlord STEALING from the renter.

Toddsterpatriot said: Liar.

Note: since you're the supporter of Biden's leftist, migrant airlifts, and their resulting housing saturation & rent rocketing, your words get posted in blue.

You called me a liar (CLAIMED I was lying)

Because you are.

about my rental rate having gone up dramatically.

That wasn't one of your lies, as far as I know.

landlord STEALING from the renter.

Toddsterpatriot said: Liar.

Yup. That was one of your lies.

Note: since you're the supporter of Biden's leftist, migrant airlifts, and their resulting housing saturation & rent rocketing,

And some more of your lies.

You are very behind the times. FL is experiencing very high net migration of actual U.S. citizens (the ones can afford expensive moving company's).

As someone who has lived in SF or Oakland for the past 23 years, I have seen what rent control has done to both of those cities (as well as Berkeley when I was a student). A major complaint locally is that new housing stock is virtually all built for high income folks. That is the economic reality of trying to control prices; supply for the lower price points drops...even when you include the grossly high cost to build public housing projects that are the slums of the future. That's A Fact Jack
I watched the SF market for 90 miles away in the central valley for 50 years. Our area became bedroom communities for the bay area. People were commuting 90 miles each way and they were still able to increase housing prices in the valley to the point that they were difficult to afford for people living on the valley economy. Glad I got out of that liberal tax and spend state.

Cow, fox, chicken analogy makes no sense.
You are correct. A roof over the head and food in the belly removed makes people angry. Real angry.

It wouldn't be at a loss. There's no reason to think that. Gas is $3.00/gallon right now. Do you see any gas stations or oil refineries shutting down ? Why come up with hypotheticals that don't exist ?
You’re a moron. If the government attempts to force fuel sales at a loss, gas stations will just stop selling. I’m actually shifting my opinion from you being incredibly stupid, to being mentally ill.

Forum List

Back