🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

It's Happening Again - Homes Lost - Some Rent Control Needed

You don't HAVE any gas question - at least not one that is on topic.

Sure I do.
What happens to the supply of gasoline if the government mandates a price of $1 a gallon?

If the price at the pump went to $500/gallon - even much less than that, you would screaming for the govt to force the gas stations to lower their prices.

If the price went up to $500 the government couldn't force the price back to $3.

But not for housing rents, because you apparently have some vested interest, and as such, shouldn't even be in this thread.

My vested interest is private property and conservatism.
You couldn't pay me enough to be a landlord. Too many whiney a-hole tenants COUGH you Cough

Guys like you fuck up a forum like this.

No kidding. Pointing out your idiocy and lies. Fucks you right up.
1. No Mr Supply, that is NOT the topic. That is a little deflection that you are trying to use to DODGE away from the topic, and to DODGE away from revealing your hypocrisy, that you're OK with exorbitant housing prices (when you benefit), but you're opposed to exorbitant gas pries (when you are victimized)

2, The govt can set gas prices at any prices it wishes to. ANYTIME. It can also adjust the supply of gasoline in various ways. ANYTIME.

3. Your vested interest is in private REAL ESTATE property. It's written all over you.

4. Doesn't have any effect on me at all. You're the one who's making a hypocritical idiot out of yourself. And is in opposition to what 90% of Americans agree upon.
Ridiculous that their thread should even need to be a debate between me and opponents of rent control (under the current circumstances), with a lot of opponent chiming in. The sheep who silently put up with this highway robbery should be in here nailing you to a cross.

Somebody said there's more posters here against me than with me. HA HA HA. Come to my apartment complex, and my previous one, and say hello to hundreds of people who agree with me 100%, and only 1 guy (the property manger) who would HALF agree with you.

No, it's not. Due to the Blue-Dem-Prog-Commie policies in Blue state, people are fleeing to Red States such as Florida. More people competing relatively for the housing supply drives up prices. That's how markets work.

And then there is also the aspect that Prog-tard monetary and fiscal policy is causing inflation to explode. Housing is a good/service and subject to inflationary pressures. Take a look at the cost of building materials alone.
Oh BULLSHIT. I don't know where you are, but I am right in in Tampa, and I am seeing with my own eyes what is happening here, right in front of me. You're not telling me anything I don't know. Sure, some Americans are moving here from other states, but that was happening during the Trump administration, and before that. Nothing like what's going on now, with Biden's migrant dumps.

You’ve been complaing that no one will take your bet. Now that someone has you change your tune and claim you beat them.
Hey everyone, if anyone has lost this bet or any bet with this guy, speak up. Mods, if he has really sent you that information, at least acknowledge ie here.
Sorry dude, I haven't seen anybody take my bet, nor have I made any "claim". If you are taking it, SAY SO, and I'll contact the administrators, to see if they will act as judge.

In this forum, I bet candy corn (a number of times) about my having served in the military, and she punked out every time.

In this thread, I bet toddsterpatriot, and he punked out.

In another forum, I bet a guy (PNWest) about the 2020 election, and I lost the bet when Biden became president (sort of). And I stayed out of the forum (Politicaljack.com) for a month.

I don't need your endorsement for what I do.

1. No Mr Supply, that is NOT the topic. That is a little deflection that you are trying to use to DODGE away from the topic, and to DODGE away from revealing your hypocrisy, that you're OK with exorbitant housing prices (when you benefit), but you're opposed to exorbitant gas pries (when you are victimized)

2, The govt can set gas prices at any prices it wishes to. ANYTIME. It can also adjust the supply of gasoline in various ways. ANYTIME.

3. Your vested interest is in private REAL ESTATE property. It's written all over you.

4. Doesn't have any effect on me at all. You're the one who's making a hypocritical idiot out of yourself. And is in opposition to what 90% of Americans agree upon.
Ridiculous that their thread should even need to be a debate between me and opponents of rent control (under the current circumstances), with a lot of opponent chiming in. The sheep who silently put up with this highway robbery should be in here nailing you to a cross.

Somebody said there's more posters here against me than with me. HA HA HA. Come to my apartment complex, and my previous one, and say hello to hundreds of people who agree with me 100%, and only 1 guy (the property manger) who would HALF agree with you.

No Mr Supply, that is NOT the topic.

You obviously don't understand what price controls do to the supply of rental property or gas.

The govt can set gas prices at any prices it wishes to. ANYTIME.

That is a super awesome claim!
And what would happen to supply if they set the price at $1 today?

It can also adjust the supply of gasoline in various ways. ANYTIME.

Really? How's that? Post some specifics.

Your vested interest is in private REAL ESTATE property. It's written all over you.

Yeah, I'd prefer twats like you don't steal private property.
As far as rentals, no fucking way. Too much trouble, too many thiefs like you.
Wouldn't touch it with a 20 foot pole.

Ridiculous that their thread should even need to be a debate between me and opponents of rent control

Or between me and idiots, but there you are.

Somebody said there's more posters here against me than with me.

I know, freedom and capitalism.....I'm for them.

Maybe Cuba is more to your liking? Less of both. You can probably rent a place cheap.

Come to my apartment complex, and my previous one, and say hello to hundreds of people who agree with me 100%,

No kidding, who wouldn't like free stuff? You just have to steal it. Typical liberals.

You obviously don't understand what price controls do to the supply of rental property or gas.

Your vested interest is in private REAL ESTATE property. It's written all over you.

Ridiculous that their thread should even need to be a debate between me and opponents of rent control

Maybe Cuba is more to your liking? Less of both. You can probably rent a place cheap.

Come to my apartment complex, and my previous one, and say hello to hundreds of people who agree with me 100%,

No kidding, who wouldn't like free stuff? You just have to steal it. Typical liberals.
What he doesn't realize is that if the government sets prices below the level of profitability, the refiners will simply shut down. The government cant require a business to operate at a loss. Nixon tried wage and price controls to strangle inflation and it didn't work.

What he doesn't realize is that if the government sets prices below the level of profitability, the refiners will simply shut down. The government cant require a business to operate at a loss. Nixon tried wage and price controls to strangle inflation and it didn't work.

Yeah, he's clueless.

My vested interest is private property and conservatism.
You couldn't pay me enough to be a landlord. Too many whiney a-hole tenants COUGH you Cough
"whiney a-hole tenants," huh ? No, you're not a landlord. Not much. Gave yourself away on that one, Mr LANDLORD. (and a nasty one, at that)

It wouldn't be at a loss. There's no reason to think that. Gas is $3.00/gallon right now. Do you see any gas stations or oil refineries shutting down ? Why come up with hypotheticals that don't exist ?

You claimed to have done it in the past. They should be able to vouch for that.
I just told you, I did it in ANOTHER FORUM (Politicaljack.com), and the people in this forum punked out, so nothing had to be sent in here. Got it now, slowpoke ?

Prices will continue to rise with the stupidity of our Gov't. Inflation and higher prices on everything is driving up everything. Insurance has gone up in Hurricane areas. That is also part of the equation. What is needed is massive construction of housing to counter the supply problem. OR A MASS EVICTION OF ILLEGALS......

Giving the gov't MORE POWER is the last thing we need. They are the ones who are fucking this shit up.

Protectionist is a liberal whiner who doesn't understand supply and demand.

OK, what else, professor Durr?
YOU are the liberal who is in support of Biden's migrant dumps, and the liberal landlords working in tandem with him.

As for the supply, it is only saturated, because of Biden's migrant dumping (all over the US), and it is just the foreign migrants who are the so-called "demand". None of this is anything close to normal supply & demand, and YOU KNOW IT.

It is all a scheme by a rogue who highjacked the White House with election fraud, with no intent to do anything but use it to enrich himself, and his family, consistent with what he's done all along, before becoming president. The migrant airlifts and dumps are to get him VOTES that he knows he cant get from the American people, who see him for the corrupt, conniving scammer that he is.

1. You obviously don't know how govt can control & affect the supply of rental property or gas.

2. No need to address your idiotic off topic hypotheicals, designed to support your goofball ideas.

3. "Really ?" You don't know ?You need to pay attention to what goes on in the government, student. Watch Newsmax, the First, or OAN. I don't need to post specifics, but I'm in a good mood, so I'll give you a break. The govt can adjust the supply of gasoline, by things like what Presidents Trump and Biden have done. Trump increased the supply. Biden decreased it. Duh! (as if you didnt know, right ?)

• the Biden de facto moratorium on domestic drilling on federal lands
  • killing pipelines here in the United States
  • Amidst Gas Shortage, Biden Proposes Another Drilling Ban › American Greatness
  • Gavin Newsom fires California official who OKd big increase in fracking

• If Texas were a country, it would account for the most new oil and gas production in the world. Between 2020 and 2029, Texas could account for 28 percent of all additional output, Global Witness says.

Canada and Pennsylvania tie for second and third with 7 percent each. Then comes New Mexico at 5 percent of the growth and North Dakota at 4 percent. Oklahoma, Brazil, Colorado, Russia and Ohio are all tied at 3 percent a piece.

In other words, 7 out of the top 10 sources of new oil and gas production globally over the next decade are U.S. states.

“If things don’t change, by the end of the next decade, new oil and gas fields in the US will produce more than twice what Saudi Arabia produces today,” Global Witness said in its report.

This was posted by Stephen Green on Aug 28, 2019, when Trump was still president, and after almost 3 years of his pro-oil drilling policies.

Post # 516 already shot this dopey post to bits. No need to repeat.

Paying normal rental rates isn't getting "free stuff". And just to answer your question, it's obvious that LANDLORDS like free stuff. Like all the free MONEY they're stealing from renters, with all their current ludicrous rental rates, which you despicably support.

Oh BULLSHIT. I don't know where you are, but I am right in in Tampa, and I am seeing with my own eyes what is happening here, right in front of me. You're not telling me anything I don't know. Sure, some Americans are moving here from other states, but that was happening during the Trump administration, and before that. Nothing like what's going on now, with Biden's migrant dumps.

You are very behind the times. FL is experiencing very high net migration of actual U.S. citizens (the ones can afford expensive moving company's).

As someone who has lived in SF or Oakland for the past 23 years, I have seen what rent control has done to both of those cities (as well as Berkeley when I was a student). A major complaint locally is that new housing stock is virtually all built for high income folks. That is the economic reality of trying to control prices; supply for the lower price points drops...even when you include the grossly high cost to build public housing projects that are the slums of the future. That's A Fact Jack

You want to bet me about something I never claimed. Liar.
Whether you claim or don't claim, I proposed a bet. You wouldn't take it. And actually you DID claim. You called me a liar (CLAIMED I was lying), about my rental rate having gone up dramatically. I could easily prove what I said, so my bet offer still stands. :biggrin:

Thought it was too far back in the thread (Post 388) that I couldn't find it ?

protectionist said:
1. Raising an apartment rent from $550/month to $900 (now it's gone up to $1,090) is landlord STEALING from the renter.

Toddsterpatriot said: Liar.

Note: since you're the supporter of Biden's leftist, migrant airlifts, and their resulting housing saturation & rent rocketing, your words get posted in blue.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back