Its New Years Eve. Why are you on here ?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Ive just finished the last of my ferrying the kids jobs of 2018. Now I am going to settle down with a glass of something red and fruity and a Chinese banquet.

I take no cognizance of New Years Eve. I refuse to pay a fee to get into a pub and then queue to get served. Then walk a few miles home. Thats just bollox. Cant be arsed with it.

"Blwyddyn Newydd Dda" from the cradle of civilization.

I’m sure the pubs are relieved the captain of the cross dressers brigade isn’t going to grace them with his presence.

I am here to spread some holiday cheer before I attended a Prohibtion Party. I am making Bee’s Knees, Gin Rickey’s, Ward Eights, and French 75s. Have a safe and happy new year, ya’ll!

It’s only 5:40

My next door neighbor is having a party in a couple hours
Not much of a walk

Ive just finished the last of my ferrying the kids jobs of 2018. Now I am going to settle down with a glass of something red and fruity and a Chinese banquet.

I take no cognizance of New Years Eve. I refuse to pay a fee to get into a pub and then queue to get served. Then walk a few miles home. Thats just bollox. Cant be arsed with it.

Because, if I'm not in Scotland, it's not worth it.

It’s still early here.

Happy New Year, all!
Click on image

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-31_17-45-30.gif
    upload_2018-12-31_17-45-30.gif
    405.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Thanks
Reactions: mdk
At one time I lived within about 30 miles of Times Square but it never occurred to me to mill around with a couple of thousand people waiting for a minor light show of the ball dropping signifying a new year. This was during the time of domestic terrorism led by Obama friend and political mentor Bill Ayers but security wasn't nearly as tight as it is today. Why would they risk pneumonia and congregate in the cold rain tonight? You got me.

For once we don't have a NY's gig ......so the wife an i will spend a quiet evening @ home with our contingent of animals eating tasty things together.

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

My best to you/yours as well Tom

As well as the rest of the USMB crew

any resolutions made yet.......?

~S~

I don't drink, and I'm off work until tomorrow.

I have a party at 8:00 and it's 3:24 now. I'm in the process of cleaning up and I just checked in here to see what's going on with all the threads I started yesterday. I've already purchased snacks and drinks, and at 6:00 my sister will come over and help me set up. We're going to have games, as we always do on New Years Eve. I bought some beer and I may drink one but that's usually my limit. I haven't gotten drunk for a very long time because I don't like how it feels the next morning.

I don't think "bollocks" is a real word. You Brits need to learn how to speak English.

Happy New Year, Tommy. :)

Forum List

Back