It's obama's fault

I have two questions for those who claim they own a gun to protect their homes:

1. How long have you owned guns for the purpose of home protection?
2. When was the last time you had to use your gun to defend your homes?

I would bet my life that the vast majority of Americans who own guns to protect their homes have never had to use them, and never will.

I have two questions for those who claim they use smoke detectors to protect their homes.

1. How long have you owned smoke detectors for the purpose of home protection?
  2. When was the last time your smoke detector actually helped you protect your home.
I would bet your life that the vast majority of Americans who have some detectors to protect their homes have never had to use them, and never will.

I bet you thought you had a point.

I did not want to spend a thousand dollars yesterday but obama forced me to do it.
Bought a new saiga 223 plus 5 100 round drum magazines and 1000 rounds of .223 ammo.

Can't wait for you to be forced to register that with the FBI.

Then when you refuse, the ATF kicks down your door.

You realize, you're just a scared little child. An ignorant one at that.

But, hey, thanks for stimulating the economy, sucker.

Look at all the little boys sharing their penises in a circle jerk.

Meanwhile the adults are having a conversation about to take away you toy penises.

OK RIGHT. You have a firearm and are trying to tell me I'm at risk of greater accidents? Dude you cannot blow smoke up my ass.

Actually it's wise to be aware of the risks prior to doing so. And my kids are grown and moved out, plus they're (guns not kids) safely stored in the master suite in a biometric safe.

So I've done what I can to minimize the risk and still have terrific home protection (4 dogs, that are noisy as hell).

But don't get me wrong. I'm no pussy. Just ask the paper targets that have felt my wrath!!!
Dude please I've been around firearms all my life. I was a security police in the Air Force and have been a police officer. I have qualified expert. Was a member of the base EST. So there's not much you can tell me about firearms.

You were a security police in the Air Force? You don't say.

What happened to your career as a police officer, anyway? Couldn't hack it?

Where I come from..........here on Long Island.........there are zombies everywhere. These communities continue into the shitter one by one over the last 30 years. Sandy saw hundreds of robberies/burglaries.........none reported in the news ( duh ). Too many zombies............

A good 10 or 12 gauge magnum loaded with rock salt will take care of business - unless you really want to turn the evildoers into hamburger with 00 buckshot.

There are documented cases of evildoers taking multiple hits from standard issue police weapons and walking to the ambulance. Police in some areas of LA switched to .45s in order to have more firepower against perps on drugs, and they still had to empty their clips into them. What makes you think rock salt is going to stop someone like that?

I have a big stick with a nail in it

Never had to use it, but it is there if I need it

You've several-times mentioned your big stick with a nail in it...

please post a pic... :)

demotivation.us_AUTHORITY-Speak-softly-and-carry-a-big-stick.-With-nails-in-it_134790968683.jpg

That works fine when you live in Irrelevantstown USA. s0n:D

I did not want to spend a thousand dollars yesterday but obama forced me to do it.
Bought a new saiga 223 plus 5 100 round drum magazines and 1000 rounds of .223 ammo.

Can't wait for you to be forced to register that with the FBI.

Then when you refuse, the ATF kicks down your door.

You realize, you're just a scared little child. An ignorant one at that.

But, hey, thanks for stimulating the economy, sucker.

Well we have one vote for trampling on the rights of American citizens.
If that wouldt happen to a "Syrian rebel" or a Palestinian I bet you would be so fucking pissed.

3 your brother has three?
Do they have any feed or ejection issues?
Thanks

He did with his 1 .223 at first, but he's pretty good with them, much better than I, and had that fixed in no time. I don't know what he done to it, I'm not a bad shot and can handle my own in that dept, but when it comes to working on them I don't mess with them hand them over to him.
Thanks, if it was a feed issue could have been the magazines, that the prime suspect when that happens.

That was the first thing that came to my mind. Ejection problems could be ammo, cleaning or I think extractor issues.

Actually it's wise to be aware of the risks prior to doing so. And my kids are grown and moved out, plus they're (guns not kids) safely stored in the master suite in a biometric safe.

So I've done what I can to minimize the risk and still have terrific home protection (4 dogs, that are noisy as hell).

But don't get me wrong. I'm no pussy. Just ask the paper targets that have felt my wrath!!!
Dude please I've been around firearms all my life. I was a security police in the Air Force and have been a police officer. I have qualified expert. Was a member of the base EST. So there's not much you can tell me about firearms.

You were a security police in the Air Force? You don't say.

What happened to your career as a police officer, anyway? Couldn't hack it?

The money wasn't there.

He did with his 1 .223 at first, but he's pretty good with them, much better than I, and had that fixed in no time. I don't know what he done to it, I'm not a bad shot and can handle my own in that dept, but when it comes to working on them I don't mess with them hand them over to him.
Thanks, if it was a feed issue could have been the magazines, that the prime suspect when that happens.

That was the first thing that came to my mind. Ejection problems could be ammo, cleaning or I think extractor issues.

Nine times out of ten those are the two things too look at.

Because it is the best for most people.

ALL HANDGUNS SUCK!
General nervous laughter from the class…
Now let me explain. I love handguns. I teach people to shoot handguns. I carry a handgun on my person constantly. I just spent a fat chunk of money on a fancy new STI 9mm so I could have a better hoser gun for 3gun. Even with that information, every time I say handguns suck, it manages to offend the heck out of somebody on the internet, because the internet exists primarily to let random strangers get offended. So let me rephrase, handguns suck relative to long guns.
Let me break it down for you. There is only one reason we use handguns, and that is because they are convenient. They’re small, light, and you can conceal them on a person. I would look a little goofy with an AK47 under my shirt.
But in comparison to a long gun, they lack power, and they are much more difficult to learn to shoot well. Anything you can mount on your shoulder is going to be a far easier platform to get fast, accurate hits with.
Carbine vs. Shotgun vs. Pistol for home defense « Monster Hunter Nation
Can you show us any statistics on home owners having to use AK47's or rather AR15's to protect themselves from robbers or invaders...and if they did not have an AR 15, but another type gun, that they could not have protected themselves against an intruder? Any news articles or police facts? Just curious.....???

Can you? Since the FBI is not required to collect stats like that, and most incidents where police are called to a failed crime don't make the news, no one has any. Does that prove that I am wrong, or does it just prove no one counted?

By the way, the Brady Campaign to End Gun Violence estimates that guns are used to save a life over 100,000 times a year. They also report that guns are used to end lives about 30,000 times a year. Even if their numbers were accurate, which no one actually believes, guns are still used to save more lives than they take.

Yeah Obama put a gun to your head and made you continue buying more guns and gun paraphernalia. It's not your small dick or paranoid view of the world or your racism or homophobia. No it's some guy who doesn't know you exist, couldn't less if he did know you existed and would probably detest you if he knew of you. bigrebnc1775 is the worst poster on USMB.

Why do faggots always see a correlation between guns and penises? You need serious counseling dude.

Shape and a correlating excitement at shooting something out of them I suppose.

I own a gun and I must admit I sometimes get excited about shooting something out of it, as do most gun owners in my experience. I'm still a responsible gun owner who believes in the Constitutionally guaranteed right to own it. I'm just being honest. It's a pretty natural correlation when one is honest about it.

Oh, and I'm a red-blooded heterosexual too.

Because it is the best for most people.

ALL HANDGUNS SUCK!
General nervous laughter from the class…
Now let me explain. I love handguns. I teach people to shoot handguns. I carry a handgun on my person constantly. I just spent a fat chunk of money on a fancy new STI 9mm so I could have a better hoser gun for 3gun. Even with that information, every time I say handguns suck, it manages to offend the heck out of somebody on the internet, because the internet exists primarily to let random strangers get offended. So let me rephrase, handguns suck relative to long guns.
Let me break it down for you. There is only one reason we use handguns, and that is because they are convenient. They’re small, light, and you can conceal them on a person. I would look a little goofy with an AK47 under my shirt.
But in comparison to a long gun, they lack power, and they are much more difficult to learn to shoot well. Anything you can mount on your shoulder is going to be a far easier platform to get fast, accurate hits with.
Carbine vs. Shotgun vs. Pistol for home defense « Monster Hunter Nation

If an AR-15 is the weapon of choice, it's because most people don't know the stopping power relative to an AK.

I think it comes down to recoil for most people.

Oh, and after this last weekend where some piece of shit at Potomac Mills Mall tried to strangle me in my car (I had my window open...I like fresh air), I am seriously considering starting the process of getting a conceal carry license. It happended last Saturday, and yesterday was the last day that the bruises on my neck were visible.

The asshole sprinted up to my driver's side door, grabbed my knitted neck warmer and pulled hard telling me he was "going to kill me, bitch". I punched it, dragged the fucker a bit while he still had a hold of my neck warmer, but finally let go....hopefully after some serious road rash... and found a cop. Told her about it, but the chances of her finding him were slim to none. She took pics of my neck, though, which looked pretty nasty. I was pretty shook up, just like I was when my townhome was broken into.

<<<<<HUGS>>>>>

This brings to mind the joke about the definition of a conservative.

I chose the AR15 because it shoots both the .223 civilian and 5.56 Nato rounds.

In a SHTF scenario or a zombie apocalypse; military calibers of ammunition will be the most plentiful.

And people who base their home defense arsenal on less popular or arcane calibers will be hard pressed to resupply their stockpile if it becomes depleted.

Which is also the same reason I recommend the 9mm as your end time personal hand gun.

Good point! I have a 9mm Ruger hand gun for the same reason. I will buy an AR-15 when things quiet down if there are any left.

Forum List

Back