It's obama's fault

I did not want to spend a thousand dollars yesterday but obama forced me to do it.
Bought a new saiga 223 plus 5 100 round drum magazines and 1000 rounds of .223 ammo.

I do hope the FBI and/or Homeland Security/ATF and your local police/sheriff know of your purchase (even if this thread is bullshit, I hope you get a visit).

I did not want to spend a thousand dollars yesterday but obama forced me to do it.
Bought a new saiga 223 plus 5 100 round drum magazines and 1000 rounds of .223 ammo.

I do hope the FBI and/or Homeland Security/ATF and your local police/sheriff know of your purchase (even if this thread is bullshit, I hope you get a visit).

Yes we get together at least once a month when we go to the range and shoot.
BTW what law have I broken?

Why? Is it illegal to own the above? If it's legal, why should he get a "visit"? I don't that's the America any of want to truly live in or have to experience. Political tides turn, would we want to get a "visit" for something that we bought which was legal? Not me.

Gun owners don't like to admit it, but the reason they own guns is they like to hunt and go out in the woods and shoot the hell out of shit

It is when the fantasies kick in that they start to imagine that:

1. They are protecting their families from bad guys
2. If the world is coming to an end, they will be able to fight it out with marauding vandals
3. If the evil government turns to tyranny (ie take their guns) they will be able to form armies and overthrow them

That is why they look so nutty

I don't hunt and I don't discharge my weapons in the woods.

I shoot pistols either at the range at the sportsman club or at the range I have under my barn.

I shoot trap at the club as well.

So don't use such a broad brush there, Skippy.

So you shoot stuff

Kill any bad guys lately?

shooting happens to be fun. it's a skill like any other.

and I have never shot anyone nor do I have the desire to .

tell me do you ask everyone who takes karate if they beat anyone up for fun

Why? Is it illegal to own the above? If it's legal, why should he get a "visit"? I don't that's the America any of want to truly live in or have to experience. Political tides turn, would we want to get a "visit" for something that we bought which was legal? Not me.

I guess this is the change obama was talking about, legal is now illegal.

I don't hunt and I don't discharge my weapons in the woods.

I shoot pistols either at the range at the sportsman club or at the range I have under my barn.

I shoot trap at the club as well.

So don't use such a broad brush there, Skippy.

So you shoot stuff

Never said shooting wasn't fun.

Just that people who stock up weapons and ammunition to fight off a tyrannical government and prepare for the end of the world are a bunch of morons

Because it is the best for most people.

ALL HANDGUNS SUCK!
General nervous laughter from the class…
Now let me explain. I love handguns. I teach people to shoot handguns. I carry a handgun on my person constantly. I just spent a fat chunk of money on a fancy new STI 9mm so I could have a better hoser gun for 3gun. Even with that information, every time I say handguns suck, it manages to offend the heck out of somebody on the internet, because the internet exists primarily to let random strangers get offended. So let me rephrase, handguns suck relative to long guns.
Let me break it down for you. There is only one reason we use handguns, and that is because they are convenient. They’re small, light, and you can conceal them on a person. I would look a little goofy with an AK47 under my shirt.
But in comparison to a long gun, they lack power, and they are much more difficult to learn to shoot well. Anything you can mount on your shoulder is going to be a far easier platform to get fast, accurate hits with.

Carbine vs. Shotgun vs. Pistol for home defense « Monster Hunter Nation

I have both, I would prefer the 12 gauge inside the home. The AR would be more for defending the home from attackers who are still outside. But that's just me. The AR certainly can do the job even in tight Quarters, but the 12 Gauge rules in close quarters, and the Mere intimidation factor of pumping it will give even the most hardened criminals pause.

So you shoot stuff

Just that people who stock up weapons and ammunition to fight off a tyrannical government and prepare for the end of the world are a bunch of morons

No the Moron would be the one who thinks we would never have reason to take up arms against our Government. Have you ever studied history?

No the Moron would be the one who thinks we would never have reason to take up arms against our Government. Have you ever studied history?

I sure have

When was the last time our citizens had to take up arms against our government?

I sure have

You clearly don't get it. The Very fact we are Armed is a check against the Government. Just because we have not had to use them yet, does not mean they should not be there. If you studied History you would see that one of the surest ways to oppress a people is to Disarm them.

Last edited:
So you shoot stuff

You have the right to your OPINION, just like they have the right to stockpile weapons and ammo.

I certainly hope not. But the writing does seem to be on the wall with the pending "AW" ban and more controls. They will probably prohibit the manufacture of such, but "grandfather" the rest and the price will rise and people will make money with it until another Administration does away with the ban and the cycle will continue.

Our Civil Liberties are heading down the shitter. The 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th have been eroded in one way or another.

I certainly hope not. But the writing does seem to be on the wall with the pending "AW" ban and more controls. They will probably prohibit the manufacture of such, but "grandfather" the rest and the price will rise and people will make money with it until another Administration does away with the ban and the cycle will continue.

Our Civil Liberties are heading down the shitter. The 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th have been eroded in one way or another.

Grandfathered? That's why I say gun bans do not work. So they stop law abiding citizens from buying firearms. There are still a tons out in the public. No one I know of will turn their firearms in, guess they'll have to go house to house, and guess what will happen then.

I sure have

You clearly don't get it. The Very fact we are Armed is a check against the Government. Just because we have not had to use them yet, does not mean they should not be there. If you studied History you would see that one of the surest ways to oppress a people is to Disarm them.

Our constitution gave us the strongest weapon to fight an oppressive government. Not the gun.....but the vote

THAT is what has kept us free for 235 years

Then the Irony that Obama prevented all predicted 12/21/2012 castastrophes must be particularly painful for you.

Because it is the best for most people.

ALL HANDGUNS SUCK!
General nervous laughter from the class…
Now let me explain. I love handguns. I teach people to shoot handguns. I carry a handgun on my person constantly. I just spent a fat chunk of money on a fancy new STI 9mm so I could have a better hoser gun for 3gun. Even with that information, every time I say handguns suck, it manages to offend the heck out of somebody on the internet, because the internet exists primarily to let random strangers get offended. So let me rephrase, handguns suck relative to long guns.
Let me break it down for you. There is only one reason we use handguns, and that is because they are convenient. They’re small, light, and you can conceal them on a person. I would look a little goofy with an AK47 under my shirt.
But in comparison to a long gun, they lack power, and they are much more difficult to learn to shoot well. Anything you can mount on your shoulder is going to be a far easier platform to get fast, accurate hits with.

Carbine vs. Shotgun vs. Pistol for home defense « Monster Hunter Nation

Well for close quarters type of defense like inside the home defense scenario, I would think that many people would want accessibility, reliability, and stopping power that wouldn't send a bullet through the assailant's body and could possibly ricochet and enter some innocent person's body. I could think of some revolvers, semi-automatic pistols and shotguns that would fit that bill quite nicely. If I was on a farm or rural areas, different weapons would help my protect my farm better than my urban or suburban home.

Forum List

Back