It’s official: Trump condones murder of Washpo journalist

Valid concerns, but there are something like 65 other Saudi Princes that the King could put in control...

Put in control? Because our noses are out of joint with their brutality? Is that a demand you want to make as a condition of support? Dictating borders and leadership is how we've WRECKED the Middle East for the past 35 years..
I can see it already.... much like the pictures of Rumsfeld joyfully with Saddam resurfacing as president Bush tried to explain why we chose to go to war with Iraq/Saddam, only today.. with the video of the joyous interactions of Pompeo with the savage Prince right after he had Khasoggi brutally chopped in to pieces, resurfacing when America... out of the blue decides the Saudi prince and Saudi's are brutal and we go and invade them and start a war with them, when we no longer need them.... much like with the brutal Hussein...

who are we as Americans? Are we really scum and don't believe in Human rights....? Not even enough to at least try to fake it?

Every future journalist killed by other foreign dictators, is now on OUR SHOULDERS as giving the A-OK for these dictators to do it by this President.... giving alibis for the Murderer from the beginning imo.
Never like him because he was the number two man with the Muzzy Brotherhood so tough luck someone nailed him. None of our business. Khasoggi is gone time to Move on.
that's a LIE, started by Saudi operatives and passed on to Trump and conservative circles.... to spin.

he was a journalist, who loved his country and got to know all aspects of the country and people who lived and operated within the region so he could write about what was going on.

second in charge my ass....

sheesh, you are just programmed to receive the lies and then regurgitate them.... wake up!!! You are better than this pawn position you've taken!!

the Saudi gvt loved him, until this EVIL Prince came on to the scene and he started writing about what he was REALLY doing...
That’s what I love about you libturds! Your consistency! Get your ass dressed and go kill that EVIL PRINCE!
Why do you want our country to develop a close relationship with a butcher?

Put in control? Because our noses are out of joint with their brutality? Is that a demand you want to make as a condition of support? Dictating borders and leadership is how we've WRECKED the Middle East for the past 35 years..
I can see it already.... much like the pictures of Rumsfeld joyfully with Saddam resurfacing as president Bush tried to explain why we chose to go to war with Iraq/Saddam, only today.. with the video of the joyous interactions of Pompeo with the savage Prince right after he had Khasoggi brutally chopped in to pieces, resurfacing when America... out of the blue decides the Saudi prince and Saudi's are brutal and we go and invade them and start a war with them, when we no longer need them.... much like with the brutal Hussein...

who are we as Americans? Are we really scum and don't believe in Human rights....? Not even enough to at least try to fake it?

Every future journalist killed by other foreign dictators, is now on OUR SHOULDERS as giving the A-OK for these dictators to do it by this President.... giving alibis for the Murderer from the beginning imo.
Never like him because he was the number two man with the Muzzy Brotherhood so tough luck someone nailed him. None of our business. Khasoggi is gone time to Move on.
that's a LIE, started by Saudi operatives and passed on to Trump and conservative circles.... to spin.

he was a journalist, who loved his country and got to know all aspects of the country and people who lived and operated within the region so he could write about what was going on.

sheesh, you are just programmed to receive the lies and then regurgitate them.... wake up!!! You are better than this pawn position you've taken!!

the Saudi gvt loved him, until this EVIL Prince came on to the scene and he started writing about what he was REALLY doing...
That’s what I love about you libturds! Your consistency! Get your ass dressed and go kill that EVIL PRINCE!
Get up off your ass and go kill THAT EVIL PRINCE!

Who remembers that Khashoggi was a schoolmate of Osama bin Laden? Or that Khashoggy was a member of the Muslim Brotherhood and praised it frequently in WAPO? What did he have in common with the CIA? Nuff said. Jihadi loving liberals are crying their goo-goo-googly eyes out over this guy.

MEDIA FORGETS TO MENTION JAMAL KHASHOGGI WAS IN THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD

For several days the media has been shrieking, wailing, crying and beating its breast over the possible tragic fate of Jamal Khashoggi.

Every utterance made by the Turkish Islamist regime is treated as fact by the media. Trump is being barraged with "how could you" lectures by the same media that is happy to ignore the tens of thousands of political prisoners in Turkish jails.

Why is the media so in love with Jamal Khashoggi?

Media Forgets to Mention Jamal Khashoggi was in the Muslim Brotherhood
/----/ And then there is this
46458666_153467515627739_8221560065975386112_n.jpg

Our President has shown that Americas values are for sale

Valid concerns, but there are something like 65 other Saudi Princes that the King could put in control...

I don't really want Trump to DO anything about the murder. It ought to be none our business. But there are several things I want him to stop doing. Namely making excuses for them and selling them weapons. Oh, and giving them handjobs on TV is a bit ugly as well.

You're about as Christian as Osama bin Laden.
^ ironic
How is that?
Because you're as Christian as Osama bin Laden, trash.
You're actually correct about that. In fact, I'm less Christian than Osama bin Laden. I'm an atheist. And you're a presumptuous moron.
Obviously a little religion in your life could help.
You already proved that you don't know anything about religion.

The man was a member of Hamas. He should have been deported from the USA. Instead he worked for the NYT.

Not necessary

What we can do is show the tyrant that his actions have consequences
What our President has shown is that our values are for sale and we are willing to look the other way if there is money to be made

Not necessary

What our President has shown is that our values are for sale and we are willing to look the other way if there is money to be made
Ewe love terrorists and illegals. Why?

Not necessary

Punishing regimes that don't behave according to our elevated standards is often not a wise move. We punished the Shaw of Iran, and we ended up with the Ayatollah Khomeini as a result. We punished Batista in Nicaragua and ended up with the Sandanistas. We punished Qaddafi and we got ISIS as a replacement.

Yeah, I was trying to tone it down a bit, by saying ME journalists. He took pains to invoke the "enemy of the people" tag he applies to the free press. You'd have to be a Trump cultist not to notice.

Good catch on the Times catapulting that particular bit of propaganda. Were I to entertain the absurdity of America's interest coinciding with Trump's, it still raises the question of what Trump wouldn't sell for a buck

You know, I still think it is time to "tone up" rather than to "tone down". Then I read things like, "He'll condone murder for a weapons deal or two", and keep thinking that's right, and we all do. There's hardly a Western nation with any import in the international weapons trade that doesn't have both hands up to the elbows in the Trough of Saud. All of a sudden, the published opinion is all aflutter over Khashoggi, while the actual genocide in Yemen was relegated to the back pages. Why on earth, getting away with that, would MbS not conclude one fairly unremarkable, dismembered scribbler won't make a difference?

So, in condoning (mass) murder for a weapons deal or two, the Trumpy is immoral but consistent. We are moralizing but not at all consistent.

Whatever... if you find a thing of value the Trumpy wouldn't sell for a buck, let me know. As far as I know, he might draw a line on Ivanka, but that also may just be haggling over the price.

In Extraordinary Statement, Trump Stands With Saudis Despite Khashoggi Killing

Trump okayed Khashoggi's murder, after the fact. Do you think anyone noticed?

Au contraire.

America isn't the policeman of the world, President Trump just decided to allow Saudi Arabia to handle its own business, just like we in America handle our own.

Each king is entitled to handle his internal affairs according to their own laws.

President Trump is neither ok nor not-ok with Khashoggi's execution. The fact that Mr. Khashoggi was an anti-American column writer for the Fake News media doesn't qualify him to US intervention on his behalf.

BTW, none of the left's European Allies have opposed Saudi Arabia on this either.

America isn't the policeman? You must be talking about Tuesdays and Thursdays. On M-W-F, we tell Iran and North Korea what weapons they are permitted, and we tell Bashir Assad what weapons he can use. We have troops in 150 countries, and naval forces around the globe. When it comes to S.A., the US is a crooked cop on the take.

Each king? Saudi Arabia wouldn't have bothered to deny the murder had it comported with S.A. laws. Anti-democratic strongmen make their own laws. Would you excuse any king for any crime? When you decide it's okay to murder one man, do you also decide it's okay to murder one million men? How about four men, eight women and two fetuses?

Of course Trump is okay with the murder. Otherwise, he would have actually done something other than kiss ass.

BTW, Germany has halted arms sales to S.A., and France is determining sanctions, but I'm happy to see you looking to Europe for leadership.

Not necessary

Ewe love terrorists and illegals. Why?
15 of the 17 9-11 hijackers along with Osama bin Laden were Saudi

Looks like ewe are supporting terrorists

Not necessary

Punishing regimes that don't behave according to our elevated standards is often not a wise move. We punished the Shaw of Iran, and we ended up with the Ayatollah Khomeini as a result. We punished Batista in Nicaragua and ended up with the Sandanistas. We punished Qaddafi and we got ISIS as a replacement.
We looked the other way at the Shah of Iran and ignored his abuses. He was a political friend so we had his back

The people of Iran did not look the other way

We protected Batista because there was money to be made. Who cares about his brutal regime and the plight of his workers

The working class seemed to feel otherwise and we pushed them in to the arms of Castro

The National Buffoon can't bring himself to listen to the audio recording that might convince him. It would be too painful for his delicate sensibilities.

Of course you said, 'feck the journalist'. I preferred to ignore it as juvenile, until you insisted. If you want to pretend it's okay to murder a man because one disagreed with what he wrote, it's up to you.

Convince him of what? That Saudi Arabia is NOT like the U.S.? I think he already knows that and refuses to be intimidated into listening to a a snuff-recording. I think Trump understands who and what he is dealing with and is applying an adequate strategy. BTW Mr. Khashoggi was basically a reformist who advocated for women's rights, and an introduction of secularism .....

"According to CNN he also had embraced the Enlightenment and American idea of the separation of church and state.""

Jamal Khashoggi - Wikipedia

Khashoggi entered the Saudi consulate in order to get documents related to his planned marriage and was never seen alive again. I am wondering what those 'documents' were and why he needed them so bad as to enter enemy territory. Something smells however that is Saudi intrigue and drama due to Sovereign rule. Many countries are basically the same, like Briton for example.......

The recording reportedly contains information that convinced the CIA that MBS was behind the murder. Maybe that's why Trump won't listen to it, although I think he fears it will upset him.

A reformist? Well, who wouldn't kill an "enemy of the people," and who wouldn't trust MBS, or Trump, to point out who that is?

Not necessary

We looked the other way at the Shah of Iran and ignored his abuses. He was a political friend so we had his back

We protected Batista because there was money to be made. Who cares about his brutal regime and the plight of his workers

The working class seemed to feel otherwise and we pushed them in to the arms of Castro
Obammie gave Iran their desire to make nukes and sent them pallets full of cash! Proper reward for a state sponsor of terror?

Not necessary

We helped the Shaw until Jimmy Carter stopped helping him because he couldn't hold his nose around the Shaw. That's how we got Khomeini. We assisted Batista because we didn't want the communists to take over. When Carter got all high and mighty and stopped the assistance, we got a brutal totalitarian communist regime. Batista was a 1000 times better than the Sandanistas. So much for your bogus concern about the "plight of the workers."

Mere corruption is always preferable to the kind of ideological thugs you want to replace it with.

Forum List

Back