It’s official: Trump condones murder of Washpo journalist

I have respected you for several years, even though we rarely agreed.
As a Christian, I can no longer respect you.
You're about as Christian as Osama bin Laden.
^ ironic
How is that?
Because you're as Christian as Osama bin Laden, trash.
You're actually correct about that. In fact, I'm less Christian than Osama bin Laden. I'm an atheist. And you're a presumptuous moron.

They were copies of his divorce papers. The Turkish government wanted proof of divorce before they issued the marriage license to marry his girlfriend. He went there previously to get them. He was told they had to be ordered and would be at the embassy in four days. He had returned to get them when he was killed.

Thanks for the informative post. My opinion is that he got suckered.......I'd like to hear from his fiancee. In any case, it's Saudi and NOT the U.S. It makes a good melodrama for the MSM but honestly it is not 'one world'........And thank God Trump understands that.

President Donald Trump signaled Tuesday that he will not take strong action against Saudi Arabia or its Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for the death and dismemberment of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

In an exclamation-mark laden statement subtitled “America First!” Trump said that “our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event — maybe he did and maybe he didn’t!”

Trump Signals U.S. Won’t Take Punitive Measures Against Saudi Crown Prince Over Journalist’s Killing

Pretty much since day 1 the priority of Trump’s administration has been to help Saudi Arabia get away with murdering this journalist. I wonder what he’ll do next time Putin kills somebody.

Remember Trump campaigning on forcing Saudi Arabia to go to trial for 9/11? Yeah, if you believed that, I bet you still believe Mexico’s going to pay for a wall.

Please tell me you really didn't expect it to be any other way with the Orange virus?
No but we have to keep putting this stuff out there in the hopes that Trump sheep develop some shame. The midterms showed many have, but there’s still a loooong way to go.
What are we supposed to be ashamed of, ridiculing idiots?
If you had half a brain you'd be ridiculing the idiot in our WH his daughter son and son inlaw
If I had half a brain, I would be you.
You do have half, Pismoe has the other half And I'm being generous

In Extraordinary Statement, Trump Stands With Saudis Despite Khashoggi Killing

Trump okayed Khashoggi's murder, after the fact. Do you think anyone noticed?

Au contraire.

America isn't the policeman of the world, President Trump just decided to allow Saudi Arabia to handle its own business, just like we in America handle our own.

Each king is entitled to handle his internal affairs according to their own laws.

President Trump is neither ok nor not-ok with Khashoggi's execution. The fact that Mr. Khashoggi was an anti-American column writer for the Fake News media doesn't qualify him to US intervention on his behalf.

BTW, none of the left's European Allies have opposed Saudi Arabia on this either.

Should he attack the Saudi’s? Are ewe libtards wanting to go to war? When will ewe sign up?

So EWE are good with the POTUS giving more value to money than human lives.
What the fuck does that make EWE?
Snowflakes didn't care so much about human lives when 4 Americans were killed in Benghazi.
Of course Democrats cared. They captured and prosecuted those who did it
It was Republicans who used the deaths of four Americans for political advantage

I can see it already.... much like the pictures of Rumsfeld joyfully with Saddam resurfacing as president Bush tried to explain why we chose to go to war with Iraq/Saddam, only today.. with the video of the joyous interactions of Pompeo with the savage Prince right after he had Khasoggi brutally chopped in to pieces, resurfacing when America... out of the blue decides the Saudi prince and Saudi's are brutal and we go and invade them and start a war with them, when we no longer need them.... much like with the brutal Hussein...

who are we as Americans? Are we really scum and don't believe in Human rights....? Not even enough to at least try to fake it?

Every future journalist killed by other foreign dictators, is now on OUR SHOULDERS as giving the A-OK for these dictators to do it by this President.... giving alibis for the Murderer from the beginning imo.

What kind of justice you want to IMPOSE on this sovereign foreign government? YOUR sense of justice?

Journalists are people. Murder is universally accepted as wrong. There's gonna be no genocidal wave against journalists. Priorities on murdering people in foreign countries should be:

1) Any American Leader or high ranking official.
2) Any other American..
3) any member of a persecuted minority big enough to fill a stadium.

And that's it. Journalists have about the same part of my compassion as the Christian woman in Pakistan who was facing execution for blasphemy and was saved by international pressure. But NOW the government can't protect her from retribution by MILLIONS of Islamic Pakis that want her dead.

ALL THAT WORK - to keep the Pakis from being brutal.. It reminds me of that injured seal release that the wildlife rescuers filmed LIVE on TV getting eaten by a shark within minutes of the glorious moment.

Why those priorities?

Journalists do a job. They report on things authoritarians would rather keep hidden.

Ignoring the targeting and murder of journalists is dangerous. And by publically doing so, we are sending a message.

Targeting who ELSE is not "dangerous"?? Murder is dangerous. Imprisoning ALL of the opposition media in Turkey is "dangerous". That woman being hunted down in Pakistan is "dangerous".. Why aren't leftists calling for her release and amnesty in the US. THAT'S an Amnesty case if I ever heard of one. NOT 2000 people from Cent. Amer a day that live in a country with no economy and no law enforcement.

Tell me -- and please answer -- what's your solution?

Do you have the kitchen sink to throw in here too?

Amnesty is a whole different issue.

Turkey’s treatment of journalists, dissidents, and educators is horrific. I have posted on it before, back when Erdegon was beginning his purge...didn’t seem to be much outcry then.

Does that mean we should ignore what the Saudi’s did? Give them a green light? When does matter?
Question is what other countries does this give the green light too?

The saddest part of this is how this guy died.
The second saddest thing is that the Left WANTS us to be the World's Policeman when they decide it's a good "issue" for them.
WHEN you play in the ME you play by their rules, does that make what happened palatable? Hell no, but it's their turf and their rules. They do not now, nor will they ever think like a westerner. They do NOT value life, they don't in any manner have the societal norms that the West has. The SINGLE biggest flaw in Western nations is their inability to think how other non western nations think.

I really DO hate to be agreeing with The Creature in the White House about anything, however...

He's probably right about this one...

Hell, even a broken clock is right, twice a day...

My own "agreement" stems primarily from commercial and military navigation and positioning concerns rather than defense contracts...

Saudi Arabia controls approaches to the Persian Gulf to the east and the approaches to the Suez etc. to the west...

One stupid rag-head is not worth throwing all that away...

Especially one that was so dumb that he thought it was safe to enter the Saudi Embassy in light of his history with that regime.

Duh.

Nature has de-selected him.

It's not worth losing 'friendly' control of those sea-approaches over such a towel-draped knucklehead.

I have respected you for several years, even though we rarely agreed.
As a Christian, I can no longer respect you.
You're about as Christian as Osama bin Laden.
^ ironic
How is that?
Because you're as Christian as Osama bin Laden, trash.
You're actually correct about that. In fact, I'm less Christian than Osama bin Laden. I'm an atheist. And you're a presumptuous moron.
Obviously a little religion in your life could help.

The second saddest thing is that the Left WANTS us to be the World's Policeman when they decide it's a good "issue" for them.
WHEN you play in the ME you play by their rules, does that make what happened palatable? Hell no, but it's their turf and their rules. They do not now, nor will they ever think like a westerner. They do NOT value life, they don't in any manner have the societal norms that the West has. The SINGLE biggest flaw in Western nations is their inability to think how other non western nations think.

There's the fallacy.

Trying to claim that this incident is somehow the norm...by any standard...is completely bullshit...hence the almost universal outrage.

You're the same people who wanted to look the other way when Putin used a weapon of mass destruction to assassinate a dissident on a Salisbury street.

There's the fallacy.

Trying to claim that this incident is somehow the norm...by any standard...is completely bullshit...hence the almost universal outrage.

You're the same people who wanted to look the other way when Putin used a weapon of mass destruction to assassinate a dissident on a Salisbury street.

LOL, it IS the norm in the ME. You are part of the group I spoke of....you just CAN'T wrap your head around the fact that they do NOT have western values. I am part of the same people who know full well that Russia, China, Iran and ALL radical muslim nations are our enemies.

I also understand the valuational differences in the cultures. THAT is some the entire West needs to learn

There is a hint right there why the press doesn't find the adequate language to expose that incompetent, ineducable lout.
He's their incompetent ineducable lout?

Yeah, there is something to that. Concerning (own-camp) louts, from the Trumpy on down to LV, few, very few muster the spine and integrity to point out the obvious. It's as common as it is shameful. In the case of the NYT, I suspect there are language regulations in place, deeply ingrained, that once, during normal times, served to maintain respectability, and in these not-normal times amount to a monumental failure. More basically, it's the ever more prevalent disregard for, and neglect of, language in the age of twitter and faceshit, which allows for unthinking blab and stereotypes to slip through without ever being questioned for reality content. "America's interest". As if anyone even knew what that meant, but it sure sounds important to the self-important goofs defiling the profession of journalism.

LOL, it IS the norm in the ME. You are part of the group I spoke of....you just CAN'T wrap your head around the fact that they do NOT have western values. I am part of the same people who know full well that Russia, China, Iran and ALL radical muslim nations are our enemies.

I also understand the valuational differences in the cultures. THAT is some the entire West needs to learn

The truth is that this is NOT the norm...in the ME or anywhere else.

Murdering a journalist is ALWAYS a "problem" (there has been more than a little outcry about Putin doing so, which is why he tries to pretend it's "street thugs" doing it) but to do it in a foreign country in this blatant gruesome manner is an order of magnitude worse.

And no...you DON'T act like Russia is our enemy...not even a little

And for Trump to disrespect our intel agencies and excuse this conduct after all the lies that MBS has told is just beyond bizarre...not to mention the fact that Trump is saying that even "if" MBS did this...we are allowing a psisant country like SA to blackmail us

Valid concerns, but there are something like 65 other Saudi Princes that the King could put in control...

Put in control? Because our noses are out of joint with their brutality? Is that a demand you want to make as a condition of support? Dictating borders and leadership is how we've WRECKED the Middle East for the past 35 years..
I can see it already.... much like the pictures of Rumsfeld joyfully with Saddam resurfacing as president Bush tried to explain why we chose to go to war with Iraq/Saddam, only today.. with the video of the joyous interactions of Pompeo with the savage Prince right after he had Khasoggi brutally chopped in to pieces, resurfacing when America... out of the blue decides the Saudi prince and Saudi's are brutal and we go and invade them and start a war with them, when we no longer need them.... much like with the brutal Hussein...

who are we as Americans? Are we really scum and don't believe in Human rights....? Not even enough to at least try to fake it?

Every future journalist killed by other foreign dictators, is now on OUR SHOULDERS as giving the A-OK for these dictators to do it by this President.... giving alibis for the Murderer from the beginning imo.
Never like him because he was the number two man with the Muzzy Brotherhood so tough luck someone nailed him. None of our business. Khasoggi is gone time to Move on.
that's a LIE, started by Saudi operatives and passed on to Trump and conservative circles.... to spin.

he was a journalist, who loved his country and got to know all aspects of the country and people who lived and operated within the region so he could write about what was going on.

second in charge my ass....

sheesh, you are just programmed to receive the lies and then regurgitate them.... wake up!!! You are better than this pawn position you've taken!!

the Saudi gvt loved him, until this EVIL Prince came on to the scene and he started writing about what he was REALLY doing...

What punitive action should obamaturd have taken against Iran when they captured and imprisoned our sailors?
The ones released, unharmed, after 15 hours? Good grief, go start another thread,troll....
Good grief, did you scream about this?
Iran Killing American Troops in Iraq and Afghanistan - The Atlantic
Iran responsible for deaths of 500 U.S. service members in Iraq, military officials say
Iran: US Soldiers Killed Number Over 1,000 | [site:name] | National Review
YES we did! We bitched and moaned about it and screamed about Bush 2 for such an ill planned war in Iraq that he CHOSE to start in the region.... and then he put the same (Iranian) Shiites in charge of Iraq!!! :eek:

Valid concerns, but there are something like 65 other Saudi Princes that the King could put in control...

Put in control? Because our noses are out of joint with their brutality? Is that a demand you want to make as a condition of support? Dictating borders and leadership is how we've WRECKED the Middle East for the past 35 years..

Never like him because he was the number two man with the Muzzy Brotherhood so tough luck someone nailed him. None of our business. Khasoggi is gone time to Move on.
that's a LIE, started by Saudi operatives and passed on to Trump and conservative circles.... to spin.

he was a journalist, who loved his country and got to know all aspects of the country and people who lived and operated within the region so he could write about what was going on.

second in charge my ass....

sheesh, you are just programmed to receive the lies and then regurgitate them.... wake up!!! You are better than this pawn position you've taken!!

the Saudi gvt loved him, until this EVIL Prince came on to the scene and he started writing about what he was REALLY doing...
That’s what I love about you libturds! Your consistency! Get your ass dressed and go kill that EVIL PRINCE!

I got a better idea! Have the ACLU order the Ninth Circuit to order Trump to kill the EVIL PRINCE!

Forum List

Back