It's ok to say Merry Christmas again.

I may be Jewish, and totally offended by it....Where's the hanukkah love?

We control your government, economy, and media. Do not piss off the Jews. We will wreck you.
If you are Jewish and are offended by the fact that others bid you to have a nice day on December 25th, the day called Christmas, well, that's "on you," not them.
I was being sarcastic! Merry Christmas!
TY. Merry Christmas to you as well. Happy New Year also.

I do have a problem with "Happy New Year" though... I may be Chinese.... ;-)

"Merry Christmas" is not a command or a statement of abstract fact. It's a tiding. It happens to be a glad tiding. There is, of course, no dearth of not-glad tidings that people bestow on others. Just as there's no prohibition on one's delivering sour tidings, there is not nor ever was in the U.S. a prohibition on offering glad tidings, most especially that of "Merry Christmas."

Folks who think there was ever a time in the U.S. when they could not say "Merry Christmas" should examine their own constitution/psyche rather than looking for external reasons why they felt that way.

Well during the Puritan era, I think you could be fined for saying such things....but not for the last 150 years or so.

Merry Christmas all!
during the Puritan era, I think you could be fined for saying such things

During the "Puritan era," as you put it, there was no United States of America.

Ah but there was an America!

The chosen celebrated date of the birth of Our LORD JESUS CHRIST is the ONLY reason I celebrate Christmas. I do enjoy Christmas Trees as a means of expressing one's own personality; however, I also like to point out that the Gold and Silver to me represents the Sovereignty of Jesus over all. The White represent His purity and perfection. The Red represents His shed blood for my behalf. The Green represents the eternal nature of His Salvation which He offers freely. And the Purple represents HIS Lordship.

The Candy cane represents the lowly shepherds, whom GOD chose to openly declare the birth of Jesus Christ to first. And held upside down it becomes a "J" for Jesus.

The Tree represents the New Jerusalem and the New Heaven in all its splendor. And the Christmas village or garden at the bottom of some trees represents the return to the Garden of Eden --- the New Earth.

The presents are but a reminder of the greatest gift GOD ever gave to this fallen world --- Our Lord Jesus Christ --- plus the presents of GOLD, FRANKINCENSE and MYRRH received by the Christ Child.

And I hope you enjoyed celebrating Christmas in your own fashion.

The chosen celebrated date of the birth of Our LORD JESUS CHRIST is the ONLY reason I celebrate Christmas. I do enjoy Christmas Trees as a means of expressing one's own personality; however, I also like to point out that the Gold and Silver to me represents the Sovereignty of Jesus over all. The White represent His purity and perfection. The Red represents His shed blood for my behalf. The Green represents the eternal nature of His Salvation which He offers freely. And the Purple represents HIS Lordship.

The Candy cane represents the lowly shepherds, whom GOD chose to openly declare the birth of Jesus Christ to first. And held upside down it becomes a "J" for Jesus.

The Tree represents the New Jerusalem and the New Heaven in all its splendor. And the Christmas village or garden at the bottom of some trees represents the return to the Garden of Eden --- the New Earth.

The presents are but a reminder of the greatest gift GOD ever gave to this fallen world --- Our Lord Jesus Christ --- plus the presents of GOLD, FRANKINCENSE and MYRRH received by the Christ Child.

And I hope you enjoyed celebrating Christmas in your own fashion.
ABSOLUTELY! Thank you ! I hope your New Years reaps a blessing from Him mighty to save.

"Merry Christmas" is not a command or a statement of abstract fact. It's a tiding. It happens to be a glad tiding. There is, of course, no dearth of not-glad tidings that people bestow on others. Just as there's no prohibition on one's delivering sour tidings, there is not nor ever was in the U.S. a prohibition on offering glad tidings, most especially that of "Merry Christmas."

Folks who think there was ever a time in the U.S. when they could not say "Merry Christmas" should examine their own constitution/psyche rather than looking for external reasons why they felt that way.

Well during the Puritan era, I think you could be fined for saying such things....but not for the last 150 years or so.

Merry Christmas all!
During the Puritan era, I think you could be fined for saying such things

During the "Puritan era," as you put it, there was no United States of America.

Ah but there was an America!
WTF? So too was there the Moon. A context of the discussion in this thread is the sovereign state of the USA, not America as a pair of continents or mere geographic region.

Last edited:
Christmas was always special when I was a lad...so many memories. Me and my brothers loved the Christmas TV specials. We especially liked the one about a mean, miserly man whose name I have forgotten that was taken from a novel written by someone whose name escapes me. He was visited by some ghosts, I think.....and he was rich but.... might have been poor? When it was over, this lady that lived with us...(I think we called her "mom") would give us some egg-nog or maybe she didn't.........funny how some memories just never leave you.

God bless us, everyone!

That character's name is Scrooge...

Trump: 'People are proud to be saying Merry Christmas again'
Don't open the link. I'm an Agnostic, and I say it's ok. Or read the damn link.

It's always been ok.

Like the imaginary "war on Christmas".

I've never gotten chewed out for saying Merry Christmas. But I did get chewed out by an old woman for saying Happy Holidays.

Imagine that.

One time a sweet little old lady was reaching high for a tv dinner that she was probably going to eat alone for Christmas, and I asked "May I help you" ...

And the old lady turned around and looked like the wizard of oz wicked witch and said in a mean voice. " Do I look like an invalent" ?

This other lady and I looked at each other in disbelief , sad.

Christmas was always special when I was a lad...so many memories. Me and my brothers loved the Christmas TV specials. We especially liked the one about a mean, miserly man whose name I have forgotten that was taken from a novel written by someone whose name escapes me. He was visited by some ghosts, I think.....and he was rich but.... might have been poor? When it was over, this lady that lived with us...(I think we called her "mom") would give us some egg-nog or maybe she didn't.........funny how some memories just never leave you.

God bless us, everyone!

It was satire....how could you not have seen the joke?

"When it was over, this lady that lived with us...(I think we called her "mom") would give us some egg-nog or maybe she didn't.........funny how some memories just never leave you."

That should have "clued" you in..........HOLY shit......(shakes my head)

God bless us, everyone!

"When it was over, this lady that lived with us...(I think we called her "mom") would give us some egg-nog or maybe she didn't.........funny how some memories just never leave you."

I am exhausted .... super busy for 1 week straight and stressful. so I missed it. lol..

God bless us, everyone!

I am exhausted .... super busy for 1 week straight and stressful. so I missed it. lol..

No big deal......you are not the only one that missed it. I put that on FB and most of the people missed the joke as well. Slack shall be cut. I got the inspiration to write what I believed to be a humorous post concerning childhood Christmas memories using the template of something Jack Handy from SNL fame from the late 80's and early 90's.

"The memories of my family outings are still a source of strength to me.
I remember we'd all pile into the car - I forget what kind it was - and drive and drive.
I'm not sure where we'd go, but I think there were some trees there.
The smell of something was strong in the air as we played whatever sport we played.
I remember a bigger, older guy we called "Dad."
We'd eat some stuff, or not, and then I think we went home.
I guess some things never leave you."

It's always been ok.

I've never gotten chewed out for saying Merry Christmas. But I did get chewed out by an old woman for saying Happy Holidays.

Imagine that.
Atheist were suing stores for saying it. For having a manger scene they demanded they be closed. Historical sites have been closed because of the war on Religion like the water tower with the cross on it. They, go out of their way to make it illegal to be Christian in public.

It's always been ok.

Imagine that.
Atheist were suing stores for saying it.

Oh....well Athiests can be as bigoted as any other group. It doesn't sound like they got much traction or support frankly.

I'm an atheist, and I would never stop Christmas. It is a time of joy and happiness, and being with family.

Why would any atheist not want that?

I think your problem are the jews, who feel left out, and want to do something about it. But Christmas or holiday time? It's the way we should all feel, every day of the year. Regardless of religion or lack of one.

It's only the haters that think different, and think they must troll you during your happy times. Those are people who should not be classified as any group, besides "haters". They hate your joy.

Forum List

Back