🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Its Okay To Be White trends on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you need to tell people "it's ok to be white."

That Crepitus idiot "liked" your idiotic response.

There are a lot of people expressing all sorts of ideas. I've never begrudged them for doing so nor have I called for them to be banished from the proverbial public square. Why do you?

Where does he say that he has persecution to over come?

YOu assumed that. And attacked him based on it.

Looks like I assumed correctly. Persecution complex.

Whoa. That made no sense.

Maybe you should try reading it.

You: "Where does he say that he has persecution to over come?
YOu assumed that. And attacked him based on it."

I assumed correctly. You're just a coward and you don't want to admit it.

Dude. It has been over a day. You still not getting the concept of linear time?

Any how, the point remains. It is a brilliant meme. It is deeply offensive to anti-white racists, and every attack on it, or anyone posting it, demonstrated the need for it, and the need for it's message.

Like you did.

"Linear time" is just your bullshit excuse to dodge the question. I called it from the beginning that it was a persecution complex. The fact that you didn't see it isn't my fault.

You: "Where does he say that he has persecution to over come?
YOu assumed that. And attacked him based on it."

Did I or did I not assume correctly? Quit being a coward and answer the question.

I am trying to figure out who said it wasn't ok to be a white man.

No, you aren't. YOu are here to ridicule and marginalize your enemies.

Well by all means post where I said differently.

Differently? YOu mean post where you said nice things about and tried to build your enemies up?

WTF are you talking about now?

THe point remains, despite your insane deflections.

IT IS OK TO BE WHITE.

its-okay-to-be-white-sign.jpg

Where did I say it wasn't?
Being white is fine. So is being black, Polynesian, Asian, and any other ethnicity you can think of.

Being a bigot? Now that's not OK.

Bigotry is the intolerance of someone else's opinions. Everyone is bigoted towards something. I'm bigoted towards all kinds of shit and I have no problem admitting it. Why do you idiots think this word is offensive?

Who told you it's not ok to be white?

Oklahoma City University School of Law expelled a student for distributing fliers that said "It's ok to be white". Can you imagine a school kicking out a black student for putting out fliers that stated "It's ok to be black"?

After Posting 'OK To Be White' Fliers, Law Student Kicked Out of School | Law.com

Why do you need to tell people "it's ok to be white."

Why do you care if I do?

Who told you it's not ok to be white?

Oklahoma City University School of Law expelled a student for distributing fliers that said "It's ok to be white". Can you imagine a school kicking out a black student for putting out fliers that stated "It's ok to be black"?

After Posting 'OK To Be White' Fliers, Law Student Kicked Out of School | Law.com

I looked into this story.

"These flyers, which contain a phrase that’s been promoted by white supremacist groups, were found at the Oklahoma City University School of Law"

Student Expelled After Posting ‘IT’S OKAY TO BE WHITE’ Flyers At Law School

I looked further into it and it does appear that this message has been carried out by several hate groups. From the Wikipedia page:

"The suggestion for the use of posters with the saying originated on the message board /pol/ of 4chan, with the intent of provoking reactions. The saying was later spread by neo-Nazi groups and politically organized racists, including former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke and The Daily Stormer.[4] A report by the ADL states that the phrase itself has a history within the white supremacist movement going back to 2001 when it was used as the title of a song by a white power music group called Aggressive Force as well as fliers with the phrase being spotted in 2005 and the slogan being used by a member of the United Klans of America.[1]"

It's OK to be white - Wikipedia

It does appear that Andrew Anglin of the Daily Stormer brought this up recently.

"Please, print off some of these papers on a printer and go post them around.
We need these everywhere.
All you do is: print 'it’s okay to be white' on a piece of paper and post it up.
You can even hand write it with a marker.
Let’s make this a phenomenon that is scene everywhere – an IRL viral meme.
This can go on for infinity. These kikes will keep saying that if you think it is okay to be white, you are evil. They will be screaming that as they get shoved into cattle cars.
But be careful – they’re hunting people down who post these hate posters."

It’s Okay to be White – Daily Stormer

I also looked into Aggressive Force's lyrics.

Aggressive Force – It's Ok To Be White Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

In summary, it appears that there is way too much hate associated with the people who spread that particular message. The message, itself, is not bad. Obviously there is nothing wrong with being white. But it's being spread by people with different agendas that go beyond simply saying that it's ok to be white. My $0.02.

In summary, it appears that there is way too much hate associated with the people who spread that particular message. The message, itself, is not bad. Obviously there is nothing wrong with being white. But it's being spread by people with different agendas that go beyond simply saying that it's ok to be white. My $0.02.

So if one uses a phrase in an offensive way, others aren't permitted to use it?

I'll ask again. Would a black student be expelled for putting up a flier that said "It's ok to be black"?

I'll ask again. Would a black student be expelled for putting up a flier that said "It's ok to be black"?

Obviously the dean felt that the message was too closely aligned with those of the hate groups. It does seem that the posting of that message was done very...deliberately, for lack of a better word, matching what Anglin instructed.

Here's a picture of the scene:

upload_2020-1-6_18-36-2.png

If the phrase has that much history with racism, I don't see a problem with the dean's actions. I'm sure you'll disagree. If I were you, I would try to distance yourself from white supremacist hate groups. The backlash is clearly because of them, not because of being white.

Does "it's okay to be black" have a history of being spread by racist hate groups? If not, then my guess is that the student would not be expelled. But that's just a guess since I haven't heard of such a thing happening. Frankly, I think it would be stupid regardless of the outcome.

Obviously the dean felt that the message was too closely aligned with those of the hate groups. It does seem that the posting of that message was done very...deliberately, for lack of a better word, matching what Anglin instructed.

View attachment 298781

If the phrase has that much history with racism, I don't see a problem with the dean's actions. I'm sure you'll disagree. If I were you, I would try to distance yourself from white supremacist hate groups. The backlash is clearly because of them, not because of being white.

Does "it's okay to be black" have a history of being spread by racist hate groups? If not, then my guess is that the student would not be expelled. But that's just a guess since I haven't heard of such a thing happening. Frankly, I think it would be stupid regardless of the outcome.

I bet you drink water. You know who else drank water? Hitler. Ergo you're a Nazi.

(This is how stupid you sound.)

Yes, I disagree with the dean. I support the concept of free expression, even expression that I find repugnant.

What other forms of expression do you want to ban?

Yes, I disagree with the dean. I support the concept of free expression, even expression that I find repugnant.

I don't want anything banned, but I'm fine with institutions removing people who spread hate like this guy did.

He can spread his white supremacist shit all he wants. And he can face the consequences for doing it. These kinds of things have a way of sorting themselves out as far as I'm concerned.

View attachment 298781

I bet you drink water. You know who else drank water? Hitler. Ergo you're a Nazi.

False equivalence - Wikipedia

View attachment 298781

Definition of deflection | Dictionary.com

I don't want anything banned, but I'm fine with institutions removing people who spread hate like this guy did.

He can spread his white supremacist shit all he wants. And he can face the consequences for doing it. These kinds of things have a way of sorting themselves out as far as I'm concerned.

"I don't want anything banned but it's totally fine to ban this guy."

facepalm.jpg

How about that play they did in NYC a few years back where President Trump was stabbed to death on a nightly basis? Do you agree that it an expression of hate and should be banned?

How about George Lppez? He offered on Instagram to assassinate the president. Instagram did nothing. Do you agree that Lopez' statement was hateful and that he should be banned?

So you don't want to ban anything, just speech that is deemed "hateful", right?

I already explained this. He should be free to say whatever he wants. He has the freedom to do that.

But any institution he's associated with also has the right to punish him for those statements. He can either stay at home and spread his white supremacist messages, or he can find an institution willing to put up with his statements. Either way, he has the right to say what he wants, nothing is banned, and the choice is ultimately his.

Like everything else in life, bad choices can result in consequences. But he should still have the freedom to express himself as he wishes.

View attachment 298781

Definition of deflection | Dictionary.com

Sure.

"I don't want anything banned but it's totally fine to ban this guy."

View attachment 298819

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prevents the government from making laws which regulate an establishment of religion, prohibit the free exercise of religion, or abridge the freedom of speech, the freedom of the press, the right to peaceably assemble, or the right to petition the government for redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights.

The government can't restrict what he says. His employer or school can implement consequences for things that reflect poorly on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back