Its starting ! The seizing of guns.

I believe his constitutional rights were violated
The democrats want this.
LOL, here is one guy who does not belong in prison. LOL

Just let him out and let him continue to influence his students to steal things for him.

And all of those guns he illegally possessed? Just give them back to him. What harm could he been planning. Nahhhh. Just a guy who is too fond of guns and stealing things. Nothing to see here.

:)

LOL, here is one guy who does not belong in prison. LOL

Just let him out and let him continue to influence his students to steal things for him.

And all of those guns he illegally possessed? Just give them back to him. What harm could he been planning. Nahhhh. Just a guy who is too fond of guns and stealing things. Nothing to see here.

:)

What did he do that was illegal?

What did he do that was illegal?
From OP link:

Weigand, 41, was being investigated to determine if he stole school property, police said in the documents. While finding stolen school furniture and tools during the search, officers also found nine illegal assault rifles and 91 high-capacity magazines, with 48 fully loaded, they said
Weigand was charged with 11 counts of third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, one count of third-degree grand larceny and three counts of endangering the welfare of a child.

Weigand was accused of recruiting students to help steal about $13,469 of property. On one occasion, students loaded tools and furniture into his car during school day hours, police said.

From OP link:

Weigand, 41, was being investigated to determine if he stole school property, police said in the documents. While finding stolen school furniture and tools during the search, officers also found nine illegal assault rifles and 91 high-capacity magazines, with 48 fully loaded, they said
Weigand was charged with 11 counts of third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, one count of third-degree grand larceny and three counts of endangering the welfare of a child.

Weigand was accused of recruiting students to help steal about $13,469 of property. On one occasion, students loaded tools and furniture into his car during school day hours, police said.

That doesn't mean he had illegal weapons.

But... assault rifles and high-capacity magazines are illegal in NY.
Why didn't NY's gun laws prevent this?
Wow, republicans are dense.
Gun laws do NOT prevent people from doing stupid things, but they help.
Just as driving laws don't prevent accidents or speeding, but they help.

If republicans had their way, the incident, wouldn't have even been newsworthy, UNTIL, the nut job loser. shot up a Walmart, school or his place of employment.

Wow, republicans are dense.
Gun laws do NOT prevent people from doing stupid things, but they help.
If they do not prevent people form breaking the law, how do they "help"?
Specifically, what are the mechanics of this "help"?
If republicans had their way, the incident, wouldn't have even been newsworthy, UNTIL, the nut job loser. shot up a Walmart, school or his place of employment.
Lying to make your point doesn't help your cause.

Unlike traffic laws and laws against rape, NY passed the relevant laws with the intent to prevent exactly what we see here.
Clearly the law is ineffective, and as such, unnecessary.

I was speeding yesterday, clearly speed limits are ineffective, and as such, unnecessary

Here is the story of a man arrested for rape, clearly rape laws are ineffective, and as such, unnecessary

I was speeding yesterday, ...
Pay attention - I already addressed this.

Speed limits are not meant to prevent people from speeding, but punish those that do.
Rape laes are not meant to prevent peple from committing rape, but punish those who do.
NY passed the relevant laws with the intent to prevent exactly what we see here.
Clearly the NY laws are ineffective, and as such, unnecessary.

Now, try to not miss the difference this time.

Pay attention - I already addressed this.

Speed limits are not meant to prevent people from speeding, but punish those that do.
Rape laes are not meant to prevent peple from committing rape, but punish those who do.
NY passed the relevant laws with the intent to prevent exactly what we see here.
Clearly the NY laws are ineffective, and as such, unnecessary.

Now, try to not miss the difference this time.

All of those laws are meant to prevent people from doing the thing due to the risk of being punished for doing them.

I do not go 20 miles over the speed limit due to the cost of doing so if caught. Thus the law has prevented me from speeding.

If they do not prevent people form breaking the law, how do they "help"?
Specifically, what are the mechanics of this "help"?
WTF?
"The mechanics"?
Are the same as other safety "mechanics".
Do seatbelts protect drivers?
Do helmets protect motorcycle and bike riders?
Do guards on circular saws protect the operators?
Do welding helmets protect welders?
NOT at all, "If these safety measures don't eliminate injury or death, why even have them, at all".
Lying to make your point doesn't help your cause.
Evidently not, even some people on USMB claim, having 40 rifles and 1,000's of rounds of ammo shouldn't be against the law.

Forum List

Back