Its starting ! The seizing of guns.

The New York State SAFE Act stops criminals....
^^^^
Proof of the intent I claimed - to prevent exactly what we see here.
And it clearly does not.
Thus, the NY laws are ineffective, and as such, unnecessary.

New York speed limit laws...

Legislation (A.1007-A/S.2021-A) will help prevent traffic-related crashes and fatalities by allowing municipalities to reduce speed limits to 25 miles per hour.

Using your logic, the law ineffective, and as such, unnecessary since traffic related crashes and fatalities still happen.

Besides farmers, would anyone WANT to amass 5,000 lbs, of Ammonium Nitrate in their suburban garage...........for their 'garden"?

I could be mistaken but I do not believe there is a constitutional right to have ammonium nitrate. It is also a harsh chemical that can harm people even if the owner does not intend for it to do so. The same cannot be said for my guns

Who claimed he was a law abiding gun owner?
"Why didn't NY's gun laws prevent this?"

So if he's no a "law abiding" gun owner then:

When did those guns make him not "law abiding?"
How were his rights violated if he were no "law abiding?"

They arrested the person... after he committed the crime.
Thus, the law did not "help" as the crime was already committed.
Damned right.
A New Hampshire man is facing a reckless driving charge after he was stopped for driving 140 mph on Route 101 in Epping over the weekend.

Franklyn Julian, 22, of Candia, is charged with reckless driving and a solid line violation.

A state police trooper on routine patrol shortly after 10 p.m. Saturday said he observed a 2010 Infiniti sedan traveling at 140 mph on Route 101 west in Epping between exits 8 and 7. That's more than twice the listed speed limit.

The trooper stopped the vehicle and arrested the driver, later identified as Julian.

The crime was already committed, the law doesn't help.

Feel free to demonstrate otherwise - else, I accept your concession.
Already did, your opinion about what qualifies as constitutional, doesn't mean squat.
Courts and the law does.

Legislation (A.1007-A/S.2021-A) will help prevent traffic-related crashes and fatalities by allowing municipalities to reduce speed limits to 25 miles per hour.

Using your logic, the law ineffective, and as such, unnecessary since traffic related crashes and fatalities still happen.
You say that like you think I'm against getting rid of traffic laws.

Doesn't change the fact the NY law is ineffective, and thus, unnecessary.

I could be mistaken but I do not believe there is a constitutional right to have ammonium nitrate.
No, but there are laws regarding its use and amount

6 U.S. Code § 488a - Regulation of the sale and transfer of ammonium nitrate​

It is also a harsh chemical that can harm people even if the owner does not intend for it to do so. The same cannot be said for my guns
For the right purpose and handling, they're harmless.
Just like a car or truck.........harmless ................when it's parked in the driveway.

Irrelevant to the point made as it does not change the fact the NY law is ineffective, and thus, unnecessary.

Every single law on the books is ineffective, and thus, unnecessary using your logic.

Oh' darn, you seem to have glossed over the preface of prevent.
"HELP"

No, but there are laws regarding its use and amount

6 U.S. Code § 488a - Regulation of the sale and transfer of ammonium nitrate​

Yep. There sure is.

For the right purpose and handling, they're harmless.
Just like a car or truck.........harmless ................when it's parked in the driveway.

Yes, a car or truck parked in the driveway is harmless just like my guns are. Are you pushing for laws limiting how many cars a person owns?

Jay Leno has over 180 cars. Should this be illegal?

Yep. There sure is.

Yes, a car or truck parked in the driveway is harmless just like my guns are. Are you pushing for laws limiting how many cars a person owns?
No, one is for a primary reason, to kill something, the other used for transport.
Jay Leno has over 180 cars. Should this be illegal?
See above.

Hmmmm...............the person was arrested.
-After- the crime was committed.
If that's your standard, then murder laws "help" because someone was arrested after a school shooting.
Didn't state it did.
The law and courts "opinion" matter.
Indeed.
And in reference to same:
Why do you think an upper limit on the number of guns, and the amount of ammo, you can have is consistent with this Nation’s historical tradition of firearm regulation?

From OP link:

Weigand, 41, was being investigated to determine if he stole school property, police said in the documents. While finding stolen school furniture and tools during the search, officers also found nine illegal assault rifles and 91 high-capacity magazines, with 48 fully loaded, they said
Weigand was charged with 11 counts of third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, one count of third-degree grand larceny and three counts of endangering the welfare of a child.

Weigand was accused of recruiting students to help steal about $13,469 of property. On one occasion, students loaded tools and furniture into his car during school day hours, police said.

After Bruen those rifles will not be illegal and neither will those magazines........

Forum List

Back