Its starting ! The seizing of guns.

If the laws intended to prevent people from people who can not legally have guns do not prevent them from getting them...
If the laws intended to prevent people from getting certain kinds of guns do not prevent them from grtting them....
... why have those laws?
Too funny..I literally answered your question in the post you are replying to.....that you chose to only quote the first word??
I suggest you reread it..and save us some time~

I believe his constitutional rights were violated
The democrats want this.
Not if the news account you linked was accurate. The guy was a serial criminal and involving students in his criminality as well. Not somebody you want for a next door neighbor. Having a gun collection, even a very large one, is not illegal. But having a stolen gun collection, including banned weapons, is.

You know this statement is false.
Very effective tactic..you just stupid your way through it eh...my complete post:

Nope..nor is that really germane..you should know that criminals are criminal because they break the law.
The consequences they reap are for the edification of the law-abiding..who then choose to obey the law...and not stockpile illegal weapons.

Anyone who thinks that ANY law will prevent anything is a fool. Laws are to provide a roadmap for the virtuous, caution for the unwary and consequences for the criminal.

One might add that it is our gun culture and people like you...that fostered a climate where the teacher was able to obtain the illegal weapons--but that's a different topic, right?

I believe his constitutional rights were violated
The democrats want this.
From your link:

Weigand, 41, was being investigated to determine if he stole school property, police said in the documents. While finding stolen school furniture and tools during the search, officers also found nine illegal assault rifles and 91 high-capacity magazines, with 48 fully loaded, they said.

What part of the thief's "illegal assault rifles" do you not understand?

Very effective tactic..you just stupid your way through it eh...my complete post:
All I see here is your inability to the respond to the issue put to you.
But, to give you the benefit of the doubt , why don't you try again:

If the laws intended to prevent people from people who can not legally have guns do not prevent them from getting them...
If the laws intended to prevent people from getting certain kinds of guns do not prevent them from grtting them....
... why have those laws?

The part about them being assault rifles.
If they were, I'm sure the BATFE woudl have taken them, as they almost assuredly violate federal law.
The weapons were discovered during a search for stolen school property. Why would the ATF be searching for stolen school property?

All caught up now?

All I see here is your inability to the respond to the issue put to you.
But, to give you the benefit of the doubt , why don't you try again:

... why have those laws?
Anyone who thinks that ANY law will prevent anything is a fool. Laws are to provide a roadmap for the virtuous, caution for the unwary and consequences for the criminal.

From the OP link:

Oswego County Judge Scott DelConte denied the temporary order, saying police did not present sufficient evidence to support it.

It is unclear whether the seized guns and ammo have been returned to Weigand.

The weapons were discovered during a search for stolen school property. Why would the ATF be searching for stolen school property?
If these are assault rifles, they almost assuredly violate federal law.
The NY police, upon fidning these assault rifles, would call the BATFE... because they almost assuredly violate federal law.

All caught up now?

From the OP link:

Oswego County Judge Scott DelConte denied the temporary order, saying police did not present sufficient evidence to support it.

It is unclear whether the seized guns and ammo have been returned to Weigand.
Yeah..he may get the legal weapons back...at least until he's found guilty of a felony. Perhaps he'll choose to go out in a blaze of 2nd amendment glory?

Forum List

Back