It's that time of year!

Reuben is the only way ill eat it.
Hek of a waste of a good beef brisket.

I've had good results with a long oven steam. And it's gotta be the point cut.

Dont you mean the flat? Thats generally what they use to make corned beef.
The point is loaded with fat.
Delicious melty fat...

Oh I get it.
The point is my favorite part of the brisket,but I've never seen corned beef made from the point.
Might have to try it,but I'd have to make it myself since I've never seen it for sale.

Crock pot the corned beasty. Remove and put in fridge and chill for easy thin slicing later. Put cabbage {quartered) in the pot, carrots, taters, onion cook till tender. Vinegar on the crabbage, lots horseradish on the beasty.

What is your favorite method for corned beef?
When someone else makes it and i don't go to their house for dinner.

My gram used to make a really good hash out of the leftovers, though, with her hand crank meat grinder and old iron frypan, with PLENTY of crisp on the outside. With enough vinegar and pepper, that was decent.
Reubens are my goal!
You don't use that shitty secret sauce do yous?
They sell it?
Sure they do and McDonald's uses a ton of it. It's like tartar sauce with ketchup..
I never knew secret sauce had ketchup. I've eaten a lot of Big Macs and I thought I had a pretty good ketchup detector, but I never detected any ketchup in it..

"Russian dressing" always reminds me of seeing what we would call Russian Dressing in a grocery store in France. There it's called "sauce americain". :rofl:

I can only guess what Russians would think :uhh:

20210317_190309.jpg

Corned beef, spicy mustard between two slices of bread, cold glass of ice tea. Above photos look good makes me hungry here at 11pm.

Forum List

Back