It's that time of year!

What is your favorite method for corned beef?
When someone else makes it and i don't go to their house for dinner.

My gram used to make a really good hash out of the leftovers, though, with her hand crank meat grinder and old iron frypan, with PLENTY of crisp on the outside. With enough vinegar and pepper, that was decent.
Reubens are my goal!
You don't use that shitty secret sauce do yous?

My gram used to make a really good hash out of the leftovers, though, with her hand crank meat grinder and old iron frypan, with PLENTY of crisp on the outside. With enough vinegar and pepper, that was decent.
Did she make salmon patties also? Fried liver and onions?

I grew up during WWII and it was always fish on Friday, liver on Tuesday. Most other meat was rationed.
They still had the same in the 1960's when I was in school plus the special day you got brown beans and cornbread with spinach.

Reubens are my goal!
YEW BET I DEW

I know nothing of this "corned beef". Sounds a little like "chicken fried steak", which always aroused my curiosity as to how they teach chickens to fry steak.

When I saw the thread title I thought he meant Purim, which means Hammentaschen. Dammit.

I know nothing of this "corned beef". Sounds a little like "chicken fried steak", which always aroused my curiosity as to how they teach chickens to fry steak.

When I saw the thread title I thought he meant Purim, which means Hammentaschen. Dammit.
The trick is to get the chickens to fry the steak for yous.

Yes. I always called every kid in the neighborhood to try and wheedle an invitation to supper when those fucking salmon patties were on the menu. Canned salmon of course. It's turning my stomach a little just remembering it.
Salmon patties are indeed nasty. :puke:

Yes. I always called every kid in the neighborhood to try and wheedle an invitation to supper when those fucking salmon patties were on the menu. Canned salmon of course. It's turning my stomach a little just remembering it.
Potato pancakes with left over mashed potatoes. I have not had any salmon patties since I moved from home.
Yum potato pancakes. I've never been able to get them to come out right.

Reubens are my goal!
Now you're talking!!!

Arbys started selling Reubens recently.
Good to know if I ever get to civilization again. My local diner does a bang up job, just dripping with sauce and sauerkraut, and they make their own rye bread.

Reubens are my goal!
They sell it?

Reubens are my goal!
They sell it?
Sure they do and McDonald's uses a ton of it. It's like tartar sauce with ketchup..

Reubens are my goal!
They sell it?
Sure they do and McDonald's uses a ton of it. It's like tartar sauce with ketchup..
I never knew secret sauce had ketchup. I've eaten a lot of Big Macs and I thought I had a pretty good ketchup detector, but I never detected any ketchup in it..

Reubens are my goal!
They sell it?
I never knew secret sauce had ketchup. I've eaten a lot of Big Macs and I thought I had a pretty good ketchup detector, but I never detected any ketchup in it..
It is also called thousand island dressing.

Reubens are my goal!
You mean Russian dressing?

Reubens are my goal!
Yeah. I have not had any since I moved out of ma's house..

Reubens are my goal!
They sell it?
Okay! I thought you meant McDonald's secret sauce. Only one I ever heard of.

Reubens are my goal!
They sell it?
Okay! I thought you meant McDonald's secret sauce. Only one I ever heard of.
It's not really been a secret since 1979.

Reubens are my goal!
Used to be a lot more popular than it is now. One of my favs if I have to go bottled is Catalina. Sweet as candy. But I like best my plain vinagrette ala Joy of Cooking. You can still taste the salad. Sometimes at a restaurant I'll just ask for the oil and vinegar, sprinkle on my own.

Reubens are my goal!
Used to be a lot more popular than it is now. One of my favs if I have to go bottled is Catalina. Sweet as candy. But I like best my plain vinagrette ala Joy of Cooking. You can still taste the salad. Sometimes at a restaurant I'll just ask for the oil and vinegar, sprinkle on my own.

If you like oil and vinegar and sweet dressing you'll love this stuff!!!!
1615492789890.png

Forum List

Back