It's Time to Bring Back the Fleeing Felon Laws

1. the police have to have probable cause/etc
-if they are going to arrest you, they usually have probable cause

Because everyone knows that the government are the good guys and they would never abuse their power.

2. so the police want to arrest you, and you--RUN...???!!!!!!
STUPID--only DUMBASSES do that crap

If someone is trying to arrest me for no good reason, then maybe. There have been cops who have used their badge to 'arrest' their rape victims, cops who have committed murders. Just because someone is a cop does not mean they have a blank check. All people have the right to defend themselves, even from the abuses of the government.

3.most law sites suggest you DON'T resist--because it is STUPID

I'm not telling anyone what to do in what situation. I'm just pointing out that the government should never be allowed to use deadly force to prevent a law abiding citizen from committing legal actions.

But hey, what should I bother convincing you? If you're a statist shithead then you're a statist shithead and nothing will change that.

How delightfully medieval! Chop the hands off of thieves, pluck the eyes of those that bear false witness, and cut out the tongues of liars.

1. the police have to have probable cause/etc
-if they are going to arrest you, they usually have probable cause

Because everyone knows that the government are the good guys and they would never abuse their power.

2. so the police want to arrest you, and you--RUN...???!!!!!!
STUPID--only DUMBASSES do that crap

If someone is trying to arrest me for no good reason, then maybe. There have been cops who have used their badge to 'arrest' their rape victims, cops who have committed murders. Just because someone is a cop does not mean they have a blank check. All people have the right to defend themselves, even from the abuses of the government.

3.most law sites suggest you DON'T resist--because it is STUPID

I'm not telling anyone what to do in what situation. I'm just pointing out that the government should never be allowed to use deadly force to prevent a law abiding citizen from committing legal actions.

But hey, what should I bother convincing you? If you're a statist shithead then you're a statist shithead and nothing will change that.
I've been over this many times
deadly force????!! preventing law abiding citizens...???
wtf are you yakking about?

What if the cop has a reasonable fear you might run?

Like maybe you have on some nifty new track shoes and you have strong looking calves -- can't he just shoot you because you pose a threat to run?

there will always be mistakes/errors/etc--that's what humans do
....but I've proven many times there is not a major/chronic problem of police shootings

And what if the cop actually has no legally justifiable reason to detain you? If they don't, you have the legal right to 'flee' and you can lawfully resist an illegal arrest. But you want cops to be allowed to kill people for legal activity.

There is no valid reason for the government to have that kind of power. But big government shitheads think that we all owe our lives to the generosity of the government allowing us to keep it.
Lots of worshippers of “TheState” on this board. Many even believe that it’s members should be treated differently in the eyes of the law. True story.
at least we don't worship DUMBASS criminals
CRIMINALS
I've asked many times on USMB why you people LOVE criminals so much?
Which people? I don’t know... Ask them. I often wonder why others would cow to, and surrender their own dignity to, just another man? So many questions; so little time...
why do you love criminals so much??
because MOST of those fleeing the cops are criminals
MOST of those shot are criminals--resisting/threatening/etc
I don’t.

Like maybe you have on some nifty new track shoes and you have strong looking calves -- can't he just shoot you because you pose a threat to run?
Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer.
https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/

And what if the cop actually has no legally justifiable reason to detain you? If they don't, you have the legal right to 'flee' and you can lawfully resist an illegal arrest. But you want cops to be allowed to kill people for legal activity.

There is no valid reason for the government to have that kind of power. But big government shitheads think that we all owe our lives to the generosity of the government allowing us to keep it.
Lots of worshippers of “TheState” on this board. Many even believe that it’s members should be treated differently in the eyes of the law. True story.
at least we don't worship DUMBASS criminals
CRIMINALS
I've asked many times on USMB why you people LOVE criminals so much?
Which people? I don’t know... Ask them. I often wonder why others would cow to, and surrender their own dignity to, just another man? So many questions; so little time...
why do you love criminals so much??
because MOST of those fleeing the cops are criminals
MOST of those shot are criminals--resisting/threatening/etc
I don’t.
but you bad mouthing the police and not the criminals
you are saying the COPS are the problem--not the criminals
???!!!

you worship CRIMINALS

Due process of law is not worshiping criminals. This is the United States of America. We believe in freedom and the rule of law. But statist shitheads like you can't comprehend that. You should go live in Russia.

Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer.
https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/
Still waiting for you to answer the question...

Should cops be able to shoot you if they fear you might run?

If I'm not mistaken, the concealed carry and Castle Doctrine laws in Texas allow a permit holder to justifiably shoot a fleeing thief, if the carrier has a reasonable belief that his property will never be returned.

If I remember correctly you cant shoot a fleeing suspect unless you're in fear for your life once he's left your home....unless it's dark outside.
See Joe Horn.

you worship CRIMINALS

Due process of law is not worshiping criminals. This is the United States of America. We believe in freedom and the rule of law. But statist shitheads like you can't comprehend that. You should go live in Russia.
n 2016, the police fatally shot 233 blacks, the vast majority armed and dangerous, according to the Washington Post. The paper categorized only 16 black male victims of police shootings as “unarmed.” That classification masks assaults against officers and violent resistance to arrest.
there are over 30 Million calls for police assistance per year--not counting traffic stops
there is NOT a major/chronic problem of police shooting anyone

how many times have they shot someone for just running away??

YES, if that person has committed a serious crime OR could be a threat

and YES--look at this jackass!!:

Only if you're black or brown.

Forum List

Back