It's Time To Hate White People Month Again

"redneck"? Can't even get out the gate without dodging the topic and calling other people names...weak..very weak...

I'm sorry. Did you think you'd be treated respectfully for using those terms?

You got the answer you deserved. As for "negro" having been acceptable for hundreds of years....

so was slavery.

hence why you like the confederate flag.

now run along.

racists skeeve me.
Well, actually "Negro" and "Colored" were acceptable usage, once upon a time. As for why they no longer are, that should be obvious. When pronounced carelessly, "Negro" sounds too much like the other N-word. "Colored"is the word on the signs that denoted the separate water fountains, restrooms, and other public facilities to which Black people were restricted during the time of Jim Crow. I think I can understand why a Black person might find either term degrading as a result; I'm White, and having lived through that time, I find them degrading myself. That's not Political Correctness, that's just plain good manners and consideration for the feelings of others. Last I checked, it doesn't cost anyone anything to be polite, and God knows our society is coarse and rude enough today as it is.

I do want to ask one question, Jillian. Do you believe that the Confederate Flag is necessarily racist in every context (there are clearly some contexts in which it is), and if so, why?

I grew up being taught not to call people black but the polite term was colored or negro. In the late 60s, Black pride took hold. "Hell yes I'm Black...and damn proud of it!"

Negro and Colored had the connotations of Jim Crow and complying with segregation

As to the Confederate Battle Flag. Yes to many southerners it marks their culture and a time of rebellion. To many blacks it marks the flag that the KKK marched under when they lynched their loved ones.

Symbols and words change over time. The swaztika doesn't mean what it meant a thousand years ago, gay doesn't mean what it meant 50 years ago and the confederate flag is no longer openly accepted

Black history seems to be more about what has been done to blacks, and not about what blacks have done

Blacks accomplished quite a bit in the Civil Rights movement

Most successful Patriotic movement since 1776

White legislators are the ones who drafted and passed the laws.

..but let's not give white people any credit for anything...

Why yes they did....and they should be damned proud of it

They too are part of Black History

Exactly right.

Slavery ended in the U.S. over a hundred and fifty years ago, meanwhile it continues in Africa today...Very strange.

Exactly right.

Slavery ended in the U.S. over a hundred and fifty years ago, meanwhile it continues in Africa today...Very strange.

What is strange?

What point are you trying to make?

If slavery really upsets blacks, they would be trying to stop today it in Africa

Exactly right.

What is strange?

What point am I trying to make? Isn't it clear enough?

Don't you find it the least bit strange that slavery is being practiced in the 21st century?

I thought every day was Hate The White Man Day in the U.S.

It's practiced more than most know. Especially the sex slave trade. And it isn't just Africa. Ri'chere in the good ol USofA as well. China. Russia. Mexico. Etc yadda yadda.

Exactly right.

What is strange?

Don't you find it the least bit strange that slavery is being practiced in the 21st century?

Slavery is an outrage for all Americans who value freedom.

What does that have to do with Black History Month?

What is strange?

ummmm...negroes were captured in africa by their fellow black countrymen, sold to jewish slave traders and imported into the united states and sold to white and black slaveholders as field animals and housekeepers.

Slavery is part of black history.

You still don't see the irony that slaves were imported here and are now free but the country that originally captured and sold them hundreds of years ago is STILL so backward that they are practicing slavery today?

ummmm...negroes were captured in africa by their fellow black countrymen, sold to jewish slave traders and imported into the united states and sold to white and black slaveholders as field animals and housekeepers.

You still don't see the irony that slaves were imported here and are now free but the country that originally captured and sold them hundreds of years ago is STILL so backward that they are practicing slavery today?

Can you show me a country in Africa that openly supports the practice of slavery and is willing to fight to maintain it?

Can you show me a country in Africa that supports "Christian values" but allows slavery to exist?

Can you show me a country in Africa whose economy is sustained by slave labor?

Can you show me a country in Africa where the government helps to capture runaway slaves and returns the "property" to their owners?

Last edited:

Can you show me a country in Africa that openly supports the practice of slavery and is willing to fight to maintain it?

Can you show me a country in Africa that supports "Christian values" but allows slavery to exist?

Can you show me a country in Africa whose economy is sustained by slave labor?

Bro..I don't know about all that fuckin peripheral shit, ok? You change the subject too much..first you're challenging me about why slavery is considered part of black history...of all the things to pretend not to understand... Ask a negro if slavery is part of black history or not.

I mean, I can explain it to you but I can't MAKE you understand.

I'm telling you that slavery is still practiced in africa. It's a fact. Everyone knows it.

here, even wikipedia knows it's true.
Slavery in Sudan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Slavery in Sudan has been present in the country since ancient times. During the Arab slave trade, many Sudanese were purchased as slaves and brought for work in the Middle East.[1]

Since 1995, many human rights organizations have reported on contemporary practice, especially in the context of the Second Sudanese civil war. Both the government-backed militias and the rebels (led by the SPLA) have been found guilty of abducting civilians, according a 2002 report issued by the International Eminent Persons Group, acting with the encouragement of the US State Department.[2] According to the Rift Valley Institute's Sudan Abductee Database, over 11,000 people were abducted in 20 years of slave-raiding in southern Sudan.[3]

The Sudanese government has claimed that the slavery is the product of inter-tribal warfare, over which it had no control. Human Rights Watch, rejects this and states that the government is involved in backing and arming numerous militias in the country. It has also found the government has failed to enforce Sudanese laws against kidnapping, assault and forced labor. Police rarely help victims' families in locating their children. While the Sudan Criminal Code of 1991 does not list slavery as a crime, Sudan has ratified the Slavery Convention, the Supplementary Convention on the Abolition of Slavery, the Slave Trade, and Institutions and Practices Similar to Slavery, and is a party to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR).[4]

I'm telling you they still burn witches in africa too.
here. check this out.
Five people suspected to be witchcrafts were bruterly murded in kisii Nyamataro Village | Africa | World News

anything else you need me to explain to you?

I welcome any on topic comments you might have about slavery in africa and burning witches in africa.

301 posts later and all's I got from this thread is that some whites object to Black History Month because it makes them feel less "special".

Tough shit -- reality bites at times.

Minorities who demand special rules,attention or protection need to be aware of how other people will react to their demands. It tends to backfire.
If you had two employees and gave one special attention and the other one griped would you just tell them tough shit ?
ATTN: XXXXXXX

IF YOU WANT EQUALITY, SHUT THE FUCK UP AND STOP DEMANDING SPECIAL TREATMENT

OTHERWISE, GET BACK IN THE FIELD AND PICK SOME FUCKING COTTON

You can't be 'equal' and 'special' at the same time. Either you're equal or you're not- and if you don't want to be equal, then you better bet the White race will ensure it is in the dominant position just like before.

So, which is it?

The dems are willing to risk people's lives in New Haven to make the blacks feel special.

Lawyers for the firefighters say the city violated the Constitution's guarantee of equal protection of the laws as well as the Civil Rights Act of 1964 when it threw out the test scores. They say the law forbids employers from "discriminating against one group of individuals to benefit another group on account of race." The white firefighters "ask nothing more than the basic right to be judged by who they are and what they have accomplished, not by the color of their skin," the lawyers say. http://articles.latimes.com/2009/apr/06/nation/na-firefighters6 Added Link
ibid

Well, actually "Negro" and "Colored" were acceptable usage, once upon a time. As for why they no longer are, that should be obvious. When pronounced carelessly, "Negro" sounds too much like the other N-word. "Colored"is the word on the signs that denoted the separate water fountains, restrooms, and other public facilities to which Black people were restricted during the time of Jim Crow. I think I can understand why a Black person might find either term degrading as a result; I'm White, and having lived through that time, I find them degrading myself. That's not Political Correctness, that's just plain good manners and consideration for the feelings of others. Last I checked, it doesn't cost anyone anything to be polite, and God knows our society is coarse and rude enough today as it is.

I do want to ask one question, Jillian. Do you believe that the Confederate Flag is necessarily racist in every context (there are clearly some contexts in which it is), and if so, why?

Well I have lived in Richmond Virginia for 2 years and I visited the confederacy museum there and I have talked to several whites about this issue, for them they said the confederate flag is not about racism or slavery but their heritage, many of them had ancestors who fought in the Civil War. I am sure some people do use it for racism, but not everyone who has the flag out is a racist. At least from my experience, I have shot glasses with the flag on it from the museum.:eek:

I've been told the same thing by southerners. I have a friend that loves a particular brand of barbeque sauce..which has a rebel flag on it. She gives some of it (it is special delivered because she is no longer in the south) and some of the folks she gave it to had a prob with the label because it is "racist".

The swastika is not Nazi. It's a very old design used by Hitler and now associated with Nazi. Shame, isn't it?

And where did the confederate cross come ?

Black history seems to be more about what has been done to blacks, and not about what blacks have done

Or the whites who marched, bled, and died for the negroe cause

Forum List

Back