Its time to stop supporting Cain

Mr. Cain has not in anyway attempted to separate himself from Americans for Prosperity which he very much appreciates for the type organization it is. But if he says his long running association with the Koch Bros. as a result of his activities with Americans for Prosperity is not a CLOSE relationship, and given the tens of thousands of others who have participated in or benefitted Americans for Prosperity who also don't have CLOSE ties with the Koch Brothers, I will believe Mr. Cain over a CBS committed to promote leftist ideas and candidates and committed to marginalize and diminish conservative candidates and ideas as much as they can and still keep their credentials as a viable news organization.

Those who have benefitted from AFP or who have served as advisors to it may or may not be friends of the Koch Bros. who do not have a hands on involvement with it.

If your top campaign aide, as well as many on your staff were previous employees of the Koch brothers, yeah..........I'd say that you're pretty close with them.

Really? I have worked for a number of large businesses without even having met much less have close ties with the CEO or President of those organizations. I have hired people who have worked for businesses or organizations I once worked for because I knew those people and they knew me and they applied for work. I did not hire them because of their association with the high level owners/managers of those businesses or organizatins nor because of my former association with those businesses/organizations. I hired them because I was familiar with THEIR work, personality, skillsets, abilities, and vision.

Using your reasoning we would have to conclude that ANYBODY hired in the government or that Obama uses in his campaign who ever knew, worked for, or associated in any form with Blagojevich, Jeremiah Wright, Tony Rezko, ACORN, or any of the other disgraced or questionable characters in Obama's past would indicate that Obama is still in bed with those characters. Do you really want to go there?

Last edited:
cain is a joke, he should read the constitution one or two times before trying to run for POTUS

cain is a joke, he should read the constitution one or two times before trying to run for POTUS

Cain has more real world experience at actually running things in his little finger then Obama ever had. Obama pretty much went straight from law school into politics, nothing in his bio qualifies him to run anything, Let alone be president of the United States....

Early Life

Excelling in School
While living with his grandparents, Obama enrolled in the esteemed Punahou Academy, excelling in basketball and graduating with academic honors in 1979. As one of only three black students at the school, Obama became conscious of racism and what it meant to be African-American. He later described how he struggled to reconcile social perceptions of his multiracial heritage with his own sense of self. "I began to notice there was nobody like me in the Sears, Roebuck Christmas catalog...and that Santa was a white man," he said. "I went to the bathroom and stood in front of the mirror with all my senses and limbs seemingly intact, looking the way I had always looked, and wondered if something was wrong with me."

Obama also struggled with the absence of his father, who he saw only once more after his parents divorced, in a brief 1971 visit. "[My father] had left paradise, and nothing that my mother or grandparents told me could obviate that single, unassailable fact," he later reflected. "They couldn't describe what it might have been like had he stayed." Obama, Sr. eventually lost his legs in an automobile accident, also losing his job as a result. In 1982, he died in yet another car accident while traveling in Nairobi. Obama, Jr. was 22 years old when he received the news of his father's passing. "At the time of his death, my father remained a myth to me," Obama said, "both more and less than a man."

After high school, Obama studied at Occidental College in Los Angeles for two years. He then transferred to Columbia University in New York, graduating in 1983 with a degree in political science. After working in the business sector for two years, Obama moved to Chicago in 1985. There, he worked on the South Side as a community organizer for low-income residents in the Roseland and the Altgeld Gardens communities.

Law Career
It was during this time that Obama, who said he "was not raised in a religious household," joined the Trinity United Church of Christ. He also visited relatives in Kenya, which included an emotional visit to the graves of his biological father and paternal grandfather. "For a long time I sat between the two graves and wept," Obama said. "I saw that my life in America—the black life, the white life, the sense of abandonment I felt as a boy, the frustration and hope I'd witnessed in Chicago—all of it was connected with this small plot of earth an ocean away."

Obama returned from Kenya with a sense of renewal, entering Harvard Law School in 1988. The next year, he met Michelle Robinson, an associate at Sidley & Austin law firm in Chicago. She was assigned to be Obama's adviser during a summer internship at the firm, and soon the couple began dating. In February 1990, Obama was elected the first African-American editor of the Harvard Law Review, and he graduated magna cum laude in 1991.

After law school, Obama returned to Chicago to practice as a civil rights lawyer, joining the firm of Miner, Barnhill & Galland. He also taught at the University of Chicago Law School, and helped organize voter registration drives during Bill Clinton's 1992 presidential campaign. On October 3, 1992, he and Michelle were married. They moved to Kenwood, on Chicago's South Side, and welcomed two daughters: Malia (born 1998) and Sasha (born 2001).

Entry into Illinois Politics
Obama published his autobiography in 1995 Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance. The work received high praise from literary figures such as Toni Morrison and has since been printed in 10 languages, including Chinese, Swedish and Hebrew. The book had a second printing in 2004, and is currently being adapted into a children's version. The 2006 audiobook version of Dreams, which was narrated by Obama, received a Grammy award for Best Spoken Word Album

Barack Obama Biography - Facts, Birthday, Life Story - Biography.com

Cain has business experience and actually has run and turned around failing businesses, not bad experience if we want to turn around a financially failing country. A lot can be said for turning a profit or a surplus if you will:cool:

Early Years

Herman Cain grew up poor in Atlanta, Georgia. Both of his parents struggled to care for him and his brother. His mother worked as a domestic and his father held several jobs, including serving as a chauffeur for the Coca-Cola Co. Cain's parents stressed the importance of education, a lesson he took to heart.

In 1967, Cain graduated from Morehouse College with a bachelor's degree in mathematics. He continued his studies at Purdue University, earning a master's degree in computer science. During this time, Cain worked for the U.S. Navy. There he helped designed fire control systems.

Climing the Corporate Ladder
With his advanced technical skills, Cain became a systems analyst for Coca-Cola. He then moved in 1977 to food giant Pillsbury where he worked his way up to vice president. Switching from information technology to business management, Cain went to work at the company's Burger King division. Cain learned the ropes by manning the grills himself and eventually became a regional vice president for the fast-food chain.

In 1986, Cain took on his biggest business challenge. He accepted the post of president and CEO of the failing Godfather's Pizza chain. In fourteen months, Cain managed to turn the pizza chain around, cutting the number of stores by a third and boosted sales at the remaining restaurants. He and other executives later bought the chain from Pillsbury.

Herman Cain Biography - Facts, Birthday, Life Story - Biography.com

Last edited:

Cain has more real world experience at actually running things in his little finger then Obama ever had. Obama pretty much went straight from law school into politics, nothing in his bio qualifies him to run anything, Let alone be president of the United States....

Early Life

Excelling in School
While living with his grandparents, Obama enrolled in the esteemed Punahou Academy, excelling in basketball and graduating with academic honors in 1979. As one of only three black students at the school, Obama became conscious of racism and what it meant to be African-American. He later described how he struggled to reconcile social perceptions of his multiracial heritage with his own sense of self. "I began to notice there was nobody like me in the Sears, Roebuck Christmas catalog...and that Santa was a white man," he said. "I went to the bathroom and stood in front of the mirror with all my senses and limbs seemingly intact, looking the way I had always looked, and wondered if something was wrong with me."

Obama also struggled with the absence of his father, who he saw only once more after his parents divorced, in a brief 1971 visit. "[My father] had left paradise, and nothing that my mother or grandparents told me could obviate that single, unassailable fact," he later reflected. "They couldn't describe what it might have been like had he stayed." Obama, Sr. eventually lost his legs in an automobile accident, also losing his job as a result. In 1982, he died in yet another car accident while traveling in Nairobi. Obama, Jr. was 22 years old when he received the news of his father's passing. "At the time of his death, my father remained a myth to me," Obama said, "both more and less than a man."

After high school, Obama studied at Occidental College in Los Angeles for two years. He then transferred to Columbia University in New York, graduating in 1983 with a degree in political science. After working in the business sector for two years, Obama moved to Chicago in 1985. There, he worked on the South Side as a community organizer for low-income residents in the Roseland and the Altgeld Gardens communities.

Law Career
It was during this time that Obama, who said he "was not raised in a religious household," joined the Trinity United Church of Christ. He also visited relatives in Kenya, which included an emotional visit to the graves of his biological father and paternal grandfather. "For a long time I sat between the two graves and wept," Obama said. "I saw that my life in America—the black life, the white life, the sense of abandonment I felt as a boy, the frustration and hope I'd witnessed in Chicago—all of it was connected with this small plot of earth an ocean away."

Obama returned from Kenya with a sense of renewal, entering Harvard Law School in 1988. The next year, he met Michelle Robinson, an associate at Sidley & Austin law firm in Chicago. She was assigned to be Obama's adviser during a summer internship at the firm, and soon the couple began dating. In February 1990, Obama was elected the first African-American editor of the Harvard Law Review, and he graduated magna cum laude in 1991.

After law school, Obama returned to Chicago to practice as a civil rights lawyer, joining the firm of Miner, Barnhill & Galland. He also taught at the University of Chicago Law School, and helped organize voter registration drives during Bill Clinton's 1992 presidential campaign. On October 3, 1992, he and Michelle were married. They moved to Kenwood, on Chicago's South Side, and welcomed two daughters: Malia (born 1998) and Sasha (born 2001).

Entry into Illinois Politics
Obama published his autobiography in 1995 Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance. The work received high praise from literary figures such as Toni Morrison and has since been printed in 10 languages, including Chinese, Swedish and Hebrew. The book had a second printing in 2004, and is currently being adapted into a children's version. The 2006 audiobook version of Dreams, which was narrated by Obama, received a Grammy award for Best Spoken Word Album

Cain has business experience and actually has run and turned around failing businesses, not bad experience if we want to turn around a financially failing country. A lot can be said for turning a profit or a surplus if you will:cool:

Early Years

Herman Cain grew up poor in Atlanta, Georgia. Both of his parents struggled to care for him and his brother. His mother worked as a domestic and his father held several jobs, including serving as a chauffeur for the Coca-Cola Co. Cain's parents stressed the importance of education, a lesson he took to heart.

How did he afford college?

In 1967, Cain graduated from Morehouse College with a bachelor's degree in mathematics. He continued his studies at Purdue University, earning a master's degree in computer science. During this time, Cain worked for the U.S. Navy. There he helped designed fire control systems.

With his advanced technical skills, Cain became a systems analyst for Coca-Cola. He then moved in 1977 to food giant Pillsbury where he worked his way up to vice president. Switching from information technology to business management, Cain went to work at the company's Burger King division. Cain learned the ropes by manning the grills himself and eventually became a regional vice president for the fast-food chain.

Vice Presidents do not man grills.

In 1986, Cain took on his biggest business challenge. He accepted the post of president and CEO of the failing Godfather's Pizza chain. In fourteen months, Cain managed to turn the pizza chain around, cutting the number of stores by a third and boosted sales at the remaining restaurants. He and other executives later bought the chain from Pillsbury.

Pablum

Early Years

How did he afford college?

Vice Presidents do not man grills.

Pablum

LonelyLaughable, the toothless worm, is asking to be fed dinner.

LonelyLaughable, the toothless worm, is asking to be fed dinner.

It must be tough laughing alone. There's only one there to be laughing at :eusa_shhh:

:lol:

This is truly wonderful. There are STILL people here who support Herman Cain for President. Absolutely wonderful to witness.

Wonderful for Obama.

Wonderful for Mr. Cain.

Bad news for President Obama.

There. Fixed that for you Adam_Clayton.
The more successful Cain becomes, the more Perry, Romney and the other GOP candidates will be forced to attack him.

The Democrats can just sit back and collect video clips of Cain and his ideas being attacked by members of his own party.

If Cain should get the nomination, Obama and the Democrats have all the "ammunition" they need to campaign against him.

Last edited:
Wonderful for Obama.

Wonderful for Mr. Cain.

The more successful Cain becomes, the more Perry, Romney and the other GOP candidates will be forced to attack him.

The Democrats can just sit back and collect video clips of Cain and his ideas being attacked by members of his own party.

If Cain should get the nomination, Obama and the Democrats have all the "ammunition" they need to campaign against him.

Not to mention all the lovely clips from his radio show.

I've listened to him countless times on his daily radio show before he started to run...he's a black version of Boortz and Rush combined.

He's often subbed for Boortz even. They are buddies.

Best believe someone or some group has archived all those lovely clips of RW madness straight from Cain's mouth.

I don't know what he think's he's doing or who he think's he's fooling.

Last edited:
Wonderful for Mr. Cain.

Not to mention all the lovely clips from his radio show.

I've listened to him countless times on his daily radio show before he started to run...he's a black version of Boortz and Rush combined.

He's often subbed for Boortz even. They are buddies.

Best believe someone or some group has archived all those lovely clips of RW madness straight from Cain's mouth.

I don't know what he think's he's doing or who he think's he's fooling.

EXCELLENT.

Credentials!

Thanks for sharing, Malcolm Ex-Lax!

I personally like Cain and some of his ideas but it is clear that he is not only out of his league but his flip flops are epic in size.

He appears to really lack the principles that we need in our president. On no less than 3 issues he has changed his position at least twice. And two of those he changed his position 3 times in the same day. One or two changes over a long period could be overlooked. Fact is he tries to excuse his change of position by blaming it on "joking". A sense of humor is great but we got serious problems and we need a serious candidate.

Then their is the whole experience thing. I was willing to overlook a lack of govt experience for a sound economicly minded potus but.... The lack of experience is glaringly obvious when he can't seem to hold a position solid.

Which leads me to my final reason. Seemingly he has no core convictions worthy of standing up for. To change ones position so many times is a perfect example of not having a good set of core principles.

He is clearly different than Obama as far as govt intrusion goes but he is much to similar to him in the area of caving in. Compromise is one thing but abandoning your principles is unacceptable for me.

I'm still voting for him, He is way better than our current Executive order in chief and he is not a beltway gagglefuck of a politician.

I personally like Cain and some of his ideas but it is clear that he is not only out of his league but his flip flops are epic in size.

He appears to really lack the principles that we need in our president. On no less than 3 issues he has changed his position at least twice. And two of those he changed his position 3 times in the same day. One or two changes over a long period could be overlooked. Fact is he tries to excuse his change of position by blaming it on "joking". A sense of humor is great but we got serious problems and we need a serious candidate.

Then their is the whole experience thing. I was willing to overlook a lack of govt experience for a sound economicly minded potus but.... The lack of experience is glaringly obvious when he can't seem to hold a position solid.

Which leads me to my final reason. Seemingly he has no core convictions worthy of standing up for. To change ones position so many times is a perfect example of not having a good set of core principles.

He is clearly different than Obama as far as govt intrusion goes but he is much to similar to him in the area of caving in. Compromise is one thing but abandoning your principles is unacceptable for me.

I'm still voting for him, He is way better than our current Executive order in chief and he is not a beltway gagglefuck of a politician.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N3-j3HM7-A]Herman Cain: "Stupid People Are Ruining America" - YouTube[/ame]

your signature picture reminds me of this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N3-j3HM7-A]Herman Cain: "Stupid People Are Ruining America" - YouTube[/ame]

And along the lines of 'stupid people are ruining America' we are beginning to see a lot of clips like this one. Presumably this is a student at a George university:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW56Z-0xwIQ]Haftin' To Be Uproared - Occupy Atlanta - YouTube[/ame]

DISCLAIMER: This woman is NOT typical of your average leftwing looney extremist. But I do sometimes think somebody is passing out 'stupid pills' to a huge segment of our society to ensure that they have absolutely no understanding of how a free market economy works or what unalienable rights are or where they come from or any of the vision the Founders gave us when they gave us this great nation.

I think Herman Cain is fully aware of all of that, it is inbedded in his DNA, and I have seen no indication yet that he will go weak kneed on us re those principles.

...but in reality R moderate liberals. The GOP base loves BIG government as much as the lefties do. Ron Paul & Gary Johnson scared the GOP to death! The TRUTH of the matter is Ron & Gary are both too conservative for the moderate left leaning GOP majority. Bush admin. grows government & sponsors corporate welfare... Obama admin grows government & sponsors corporate welfare. Do U C a similarity here???

Who's left then? You people (righties) are in between a rock & a hard place at this moment.

And along the lines of 'stupid people are ruining America' we are beginning to see a lot of clips like this one. Presumably this is a student at a George university:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW56Z-0xwIQ]Haftin' To Be Uproared - Occupy Atlanta - YouTube[/ame]

DISCLAIMER: This woman is NOT typical of your average leftwing looney extremist. But I do sometimes think somebody is passing out 'stupid pills' to a huge segment of our society to ensure that they have absolutely no understanding of how a free market economy works or what unalienable rights are or where they come from or any of the vision the Founders gave us when they gave us this great nation.

I think Herman Cain is fully aware of all of that, it is inbedded in his DNA, and I have seen no indication yet that he will go weak kneed on us re those principles.

:eusa_eh: Poor Lady I feel badly for her :(

Forum List

Back