Zone1 I've been an atheist for 60 years and have never once been tempted to believe in any god

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your lying aren't you? ... lairs gotta lie I guess ... I imagine your whole life is a lie ... your lifestyle ...

Your Lie-Style .. ha ha ha ha ...

Hast Du eigentlich noch alle Tassen im Schrank? ... ah sorry: Do you still have all your cups in the cupboard? ... Better to sáy: Did you lose your marbels?

"To lie" is not automatically a sin - never was. Ask a priest; a real priest and not a self-made priest.

Fair enough, only there's no need for anger. Your own church created the issue that hangs around your neck like a dead albatross. They left it dangling without an explanation that can work and be understood by the flock. And now America threatens a split in your church, complete with filthy accusations against the Pope!

Direct your anger at those who have caused good solid literal believing Catholics so much pain.
Jackanapes don't make me angry. How could they? They have no peace or joy. I feel sorry for them because they are so unhappy.

Your reasoning is faulty. Yes time exists, because if the Universe was created, at that very instant it began to age. Theology attempts to rescue god's funky, non-existent ass from finitude. In reality, nothing escapes the coming of time.

Derrida's arche-writing (trace) is more original than god.

'Derrida first asserts that for something to happen, there must be both a chance and a threat. He then asserts that this double bind cannot even in principle be eliminated, since if nothing happened there would be nothing at all. What I want to stress is that this argument presupposes that being is essentially temporal (to be = to happen) and that it is inherently valuable that something happens (the worst = that nothing happens).

In other words, it presupposes that (temporal finitude is the condition for everything that is desirable [italics]). Metaphysical and religious traditions have readily admitted that nothing can happen in the ideal realm of eternity, but they have been able to dismiss this problem by not ascribing any inherent value to the temporal.

On the contrary, the most desirable has explicitly been posited as the immutable and the inviolable - in short, as that to which nothing can happen.
Rather, I will show that deconstructive notions such as "arche-writing" operate on an ultratranscendental level, which allows us to think the necessary synthesis to time without grounding it in a nontemporal unity.'
(Haegglund, Radical Atheism: Derrida and the Time of Life)

John of Patmos quilling deliriously away belies the becoming time of space and the becoming space of time.

'Kant here rehearses the problem that haunts his transcendental aesthetic, namely, that time as the form of inner sense cannot provide a ground for the subject. Since the temporal can never be in itself, it must be synthesized by something other than itself, in order to appear as such. No alteration - and hence no passage of time - can be marked without something that persists as a measure of the change.
Derrida can be said to radicalize the above account of time and space. For Derrida, time and space are not transcendental forms of human intuition, which would be given in the same way regardless of their empirical conditions. Rather, the ultratranscendental status of spacing deconstructs the traditional divide between the transcendental and the empirical.

If time must be spatially inscribed, then experience of time is essentially dependent on which material supports and technologies are available to inscribe time. That is why Derrida maintains that inscriptions do not befall an already constituted space but produce the spatiality of space. Derrida can thus think the experience of space and time as constituted by historical and technological conditions, without reducing spacing to an effect of a certain historical or technological epoch.

If spacing were merely an effect of historical conditions, it would supervene on something that precedes it and thus adhere to the metaphysical notion of spacing as a Fall. Spacing is rather an ultratranscendental condition because there has never been and will never be a self-presence that grounds the passage between past and future.
(Haegglund, Radical Atheism, pp. 26-7)
It's not my reasoning. It's a well known fact. Time does not exist.

That's funny, Donkey.

You might fall to the ground ass up but that's not me.
Yes, it is you. You are actively promoting the end of religion. You want it to go away. That's not questioning religion. That's subordinating religion. But it's funny that you hide from it. It's almost as if you know it is wrong. You should lean into it, Karl. Don't shy away from your true colors. Own them.

It's not my reasoning. It's a well known fact. Time does not exist.

What's wrong. Time exists. The problem is only we don't know what it is. If time would not exist you could not go over a street without to be killed from a car which came an hour before or will return in one hour. As far as I know wrote Einstein "time is for us physicists an illusion" to the widow of a colleague to comfort her. Physical background for this statement is the 4-dimensional Minkowski space with the coordinates x,y,z and ct (lightspeed * time). We call it "space-time-continuum" or shorter "spacetime". This showed to Herman Minkoswki the results of Hendrik Antoon Lorentz (1904) and Albert Einstein (1905). But what you also could do: You could transform all this results into four dimensional time coordinates - into a "timespace". Then space would be an illusion.

Last edited:
Wow, really? I guess you only see the parts that confirm your bias. What could possibly go wrong going through life like that?
Yes really. The only point you could argue is that religion has benefitted you on a very personal level. Overall religion has created division and hate, even to this day.

Yes really. The only point you could argue is that religion has benefitted you on a very personal level. Overall religion has created division and hate, even to this day.

What's nonsense which members of the religion atheism - the most murderous religion which ever had existed - propagate by excluding themselves. The real problem: Human beings have to learn everything. And so you are able to educate human beings to be "everything" - also totally cruel child soldiers.

Last edited:
Yes, it is you. You are actively promoting the end of religion. You want it to go away. That's not questioning religion. That's subordinating religion. But it's funny that you hide from it. It's almost as if you know it is wrong. You should lean into it, Karl. Don't shy away from your true colors. Own them.

Actively?

I am stating my opinion on religion.

Which by the way I have every right to do. You must long for the days when religions could execute people for speaking out against them.

Actively?

Which by the way I have every right to do. You must long for the days when religions could execute people for speaking out against them.

In only one day - the worst day of the many bloody days of the French revolution - atheists executed more people than the whole Catholic church worldwide had excuted in 500 years. And I hope you are an enemy of death penalty - otherwise your opinion here would be only much more funny. Everyone knows for example the wonderful slogan "freedom, equality and brotherhood" from the French revolution - but nearly no one knows slogans of this time like: "Hang the last priest with the intestines of the last nobleman".

Last edited:
Actively?

You can't even admit what you are doing.

In only one day - the worst day - of the French revolution this atheists executed more people than the Catholic church had excuted in 500 years. And I hope you are an enemy of death penalty - otherwise your opinion here would be only much more funny. Everyonhe knows for example the slogan "freedom, equality and brotherhood" from the French revolution - but nearly no one knows slogans of this time like: "Hang the last priest with the intestinals of the last noble".

There is no evidence that the French Revolution was an atheist movement.

The corrupt church aided the corrupt King in his subjugation of the people.

I am stating an opinion just like you are.

It just happens to be one you disagree with and you are so thin skinned you take it as a personal attack
You can't even be honest with yourself.

There is no evidence that the French Revolution was an atheist movement.

What a nonsense.

The corrupt church aided the corrupt King in his subjugation of the people.

Many things are totally stupid in real history - and in a totally other way than most people think they had been. In the Bastille for example was no one on political reasons. Everyone there had been a criminal. The only illegal exception had been Marquis de Sade. His family had asked the king to arrest him because he had brought shame over the family de Sade. And the prison guards there - who had been murdered - had indeed been only normal citizens of Paris and former soldiers of France who got this easy job as a kind of pension. So normal citizens who took care for the safety of Paris and France had been murdered - and criminals came free.

Last edited:
What a nonsense.

Many things are totally stupid in real history - and in a totally other way than most people thki they ahd been. In the Bastille fot example was no one on political reaoisns. The only exception had been Marquis de Sade. His famylily asked the king to arrest him because he had brought shame over the family deSade. And the prison guards there - who had been murdered - had indeed been only normal citizens of Parsi and former soldiers of France who got this easy job as a kind of pension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back