"I've got a gun and there is nothing you can do about it"

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Georgia Cops Defend Gun Nut Waving Around Gun At Little League Game | Liberaland

About 22 people called 911 after the man was seen threatening people with a gun and children took cover anticipating a shooting…

Forsyth County’s Sheriff Duane Pipe told WSB-TV that the man was behaving strangely but defended his Second Amendment right to carry a gun into a public park. Police said they were unable to remove the man from the park because he had a concealed-carry permit.

“We support the constitutional right to bear arms. We will not tolerate bad behavior,” Piper said.

“A park is one of those places where you can openly carry a weapon if you do have a permit,” Deputy Doug Rainwater told North Fulton. “A lot of parents with their kids at Fowler Park don’t understand that in Georgia you do have that right.”

“Why would anyone be walking around a public park, with a lot of children and parents and people here playing baseball, and he’s walking around with a gun?” asked parent Paris Horton. “I don’t think the parents would have been nervous had he just had the gun in his holster and was just watching the game.”

Jerry Henry, the director of Georgia Carry, a pro-gun lobbying organization, also questioned what the man was attempting to do.

“There’s a right and a wrong way to exercise your right. This is not the right way,” said Henry.

I read about that. You have to be some kind of POS to run around a park acting like this. Really.

I mean how cool are you at that point? He needs his ass kicked.

Here's the thing folks a carry permit and even an open carry law only allow you to carry a weapon.

If you brandish a weapon or "wave it around" you can be arrested.

Carrying a gun on your hip is not waving it around.

He had unholstred his gun and was waving it around....I have a gun and there is nothing you can do about it

And he is right

He had unholstred his gun and was waving it around....I have a gun and there is nothing you can do about it

And he is right

I didn't see evidence of that.

Seems to me he was showing it was on his hip. Even the witness said he was walking around carrying a gun she said nothing about it being "waved around"

If he was brandishing a weapon he would have been arrested.

And he is right

Seems to me he was showing it was on his hip.

Watch the video

He had unholstered his gun and was walking around the parking lot. According to recent Georgia law there is nothing you can do about it

Here's the thing folks a carry permit and even an open carry law only allow you to carry a weapon.

If you brandish a weapon or "wave it around" you can be arrested.

This was what I was thinking.

My question is how was he "threatening people"? If he was brandishing his gun or waving it around, he can be arrested. If someone felt threaten simply because he had his gun on him, then the police were correct.

And he is right

Seems to me he was showing it was on his hip.

Watch the video

He had unholstered his gun and was walking around the parking lot. According to recent Georgia law there is nothing you can do about it

The video shows a still picture of a guy I didn't see any "waving around"

What is the proper reaction from parents in this case?

Assume the guy is not a threat and wait until he actually starts firing
Pull your own gun and keep it trained on the guy
Shoot first and ask questions later

True.

About 22 people called 911 after the man was seen threatening people with a gun and children took cover anticipating a shooting…

If he was indeed threatening people with a gun he would have been arrested.

If people felt threatened because he was carrying a weapon well that's their problem isn't it?

And he is right

Seems to me he was showing it was on his hip. Even the witness said he was walking around carrying a gun she said nothing about it being "waved around"

That sounds reasonable, Skull.

But this is the report:

And he is right

That sounds reasonable, Skull.

But this is the report:

Obviously the police found no evidence of that or he would have been arrested.

People call 911 when they don't get their McNuggets too.

And he is right

No eyewitness said he was waving it around the lady even said he was holding down to his side, not waving it around.

He was acting like an ass, the guy needs some help, mentally.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

And he is right

No eyewitness said he was waving it around the lady even said he was holding down to his side, not waving it around.

He was acting like an ass, the guy needs some help, mentally.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

If acting like an ass was illegal everyone would be serving time.

Forum List

Back