"I've got a gun and there is nothing you can do about it"

Carrying a gun on your hip is not waving it around.

He had unholstred his gun and was waving it around....I have a gun and there is nothing you can do about it

And he is right

No eyewitness said he was waving it around the lady even said he was holding down to his side, not waving it around.

He was acting like an ass, the guy needs some help, mentally.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

I agree that he was acting like an ass. But unless that is illegal, there is not much the cops could do.

I would hate to see the precedent set that someone could be arrested because someone thought he was an ass or felt threatened by the mere presence of a legally carried firearm.

Georgia Cops Defend Gun Nut Waving Around Gun At Little League Game | Liberaland

About 22 people called 911 after the man was seen threatening people with a gun and children took cover anticipating a shooting…

Forsyth County’s Sheriff Duane Pipe told WSB-TV that the man was behaving strangely but defended his Second Amendment right to carry a gun into a public park. Police said they were unable to remove the man from the park because he had a concealed-carry permit.

“We support the constitutional right to bear arms. We will not tolerate bad behavior,” Piper said.

“A park is one of those places where you can openly carry a weapon if you do have a permit,” Deputy Doug Rainwater told North Fulton. “A lot of parents with their kids at Fowler Park don’t understand that in Georgia you do have that right.”

“Why would anyone be walking around a public park, with a lot of children and parents and people here playing baseball, and he’s walking around with a gun?” asked parent Paris Horton. “I don’t think the parents would have been nervous had he just had the gun in his holster and was just watching the game.”

Jerry Henry, the director of Georgia Carry, a pro-gun lobbying organization, also questioned what the man was attempting to do.

“There’s a right and a wrong way to exercise your right. This is not the right way,” said Henry.

You have to be concerned about someone's mental stability when he is waving a gun around. It is even more worrisome when he has a carry permit. When will states mandate an examination of mental or emotional episodes before issuing a permit?

Oh, I know. They will mandate it AFTER there is a mass shooting at a playground. Yeah, someone will have to die first.... And the NRA will still fight it.

Georgia Cops Defend Gun Nut Waving Around Gun At Little League Game | Liberaland

About 22 people called 911 after the man was seen threatening people with a gun and children took cover anticipating a shooting…

Forsyth County’s Sheriff Duane Pipe told WSB-TV that the man was behaving strangely but defended his Second Amendment right to carry a gun into a public park. Police said they were unable to remove the man from the park because he had a concealed-carry permit.

“We support the constitutional right to bear arms. We will not tolerate bad behavior,” Piper said.

“A park is one of those places where you can openly carry a weapon if you do have a permit,” Deputy Doug Rainwater told North Fulton. “A lot of parents with their kids at Fowler Park don’t understand that in Georgia you do have that right.”

“Why would anyone be walking around a public park, with a lot of children and parents and people here playing baseball, and he’s walking around with a gun?” asked parent Paris Horton. “I don’t think the parents would have been nervous had he just had the gun in his holster and was just watching the game.”

Jerry Henry, the director of Georgia Carry, a pro-gun lobbying organization, also questioned what the man was attempting to do.

“There’s a right and a wrong way to exercise your right. This is not the right way,” said Henry.

You have to be concerned about someone's mental stability when he is waving a gun around. It is even more worrisome when he has a carry permit. When will states mandate an examination of mental or emotional episodes before issuing a permit?

Oh, I know. They will mandate it AFTER there is a mass shooting at a playground. Yeah, someone will have to die first.... And the NRA will still fight it.

No such mandate will occur...In the twisted "logic" of the Georgia new gun law...u can take a gun anywhere and how u carry and use it is ur business.
It's NOT Ur fault if kids get in the way of the object comming out of the business end of ur gun...or scare or annoy u into pulling the trigger...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

He had unholstred his gun and was waving it around....I have a gun and there is nothing you can do about it

And he is right

No eyewitness said he was waving it around the lady even said he was holding down to his side, not waving it around.

I agree that he was acting like an ass. But unless that is illegal, there is not much the cops could do.

I would hate to see the precedent set that someone could be arrested because someone thought he was an ass or felt threatened by the mere presence of a legally carried firearm.

What would be the proper reaction of parents in that case?

He's a gangbanger and should be treated as such.

:lol:

rightwinger lied, the video does not show him "waving" the gun around, it is clearly holstered.

that said, his actions do no good for 2nd amendment rights.

rightwinger lied, the video does not show him "waving" the gun around, it is clearly holstered.

that said, his actions do no good for 2nd amendment rights.

You are correct

The initial report I saw seemed to indicate that he had unholstered his weapon. Other reports make it clear that it remained holstered

Regardless, his actions do not help the newfound gun rights in Georgia

well then no one will do anything if thats the case.....those guys shoot people and no one goes in and takes the gang down....because they have rights.....and know how to exploit them....

:lol:

Good catch....that would be cruel of his parents to stick him with that

His actual name is Duane Piper

forsythsheriff.org

If I had seen someone carrying a sidearm in a holster at a ball game when my kids were little? I probably would have called 911. Since I have no way of knowing whether he has a permit, I would want to make sure. After that I would probably pay more attention to the man. That's about it.

well then no one will do anything if thats the case.....those guys shoot people and no one goes in and takes the gang down....because they have rights.....and know how to exploit them....

That was exploitation.
it was also one guy in one isolated incident....how many have actually been shot by Gangs this past month?....how about next month?....they do more than just threaten to shoot.....

That was exploitation.
it was also one guy in one isolated incident....how many have actually been shot by Gangs this past month?....how about next month?....they do more than just threaten to shoot.....

No, there is actually a little mindset that goes along with this nutjob. The vast majority of gun owners are not in a park acting like morons. This one is. It was exploitation. Intimidation. Exploitation. Big Man proving.............??? in a freaking park.

If I had seen someone carrying a sidearm in a holster at a ball game when my kids were little? I probably would have called 911. Since I have no way of knowing whether he has a permit, I would want to make sure. After that I would probably pay more attention to the man. That's about it.
A concealed permit is for concealed carry. Open carry requires no permit if open carry is legal. I'm not a fan of open carry since you lose a tactical advantage. Why advertise?

I wouldn't call 911 and waste cop's time if I was in an open carry state.

yea, the right way is to disrupt cities and college campuses across america. Cost the tax payers millions, disrupt the lives of millions and cost busneses revenue ala OWS. This guy got his message across, alone, legally, didn't violate any laws and no one was hurt.

perhaps gun grabbers can learn a lesson here. don't want vocal public protests in support of gun rights, don't engages in vocal public protests against them.

So it's looking like the OP is lying about this.

Nowhere in the video or in the story does it say the man was "waving" the gun around.

Another fail thread by RW. Trying to get people to defend some guy who was supposedly threatening people with his gun. If he was threatening, he should of been arrested, no one is going to defend that kind of behavior. But, it turns out RW was lying about the circumstances anyway. What a surprise.

Forum List

Back