Jack Smith's cases in jeopardy because he was NOT legally appointed. (Poll)

Will Jack Smith be removed as special prosecutor because he was NOT legally appointed?

• Yes

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
Cry more, bitch. :banana: :banana: :banana:

She is still on the Jerk Smith case, and bitchslapping him on a regular basis. Sux to be you, Simp.

Try again, kiddo....we're talking about the 2022 case she was tossed off and humiliated by the 11th circuit court.

How Cannon was reprimanded for violating national standard, the sepration of powers, and trying to radically reorder case law to create special protections for Trump. And thrown off the case.

All of which demonstrate that she's nothing more than a hack.

So if the judge disallows this prosecutor...the Deep State will give the case to another prosecutor.

lol.

The case will die once a judge decides to actually comply with the Constitution.

This very issue was brought (clearly and forcefully) in an amicus brief before the SCOTUS by former AG Meese. A great read.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/Docket...315185_Meese et al Amici Brief-Trump v US.pdf

The math is pretty simple. I’d the appointment involves any officer of the United States (as it does) then it demands a presidential nomination and a Senate confirmation. The AG isn’t granted any Constitutional authority to do it on his own.

And Congress passed no existing law authorizing the AG to name a special counsel to exercise the powers of the AG’s Office.

So, it’s clear that the appointment of Smith has to get shot down. It’s void from jump street. That would fit the grand jury presentments and result in the automatic dismissal of both of the cases he has before the courts.

So if the judge disallows this prosecutor...the Deep State will give the case to another prosecutor.
I don’t think so.

Smiths actions are all void of he gets tossed because of his improper unconstitutional appointment. That would include his grand jury presentments. Void. Of no legal value.

His cases would have to get dismissed.

If Cannon throws Smith off the case, Smith will appeal and win. As he has on pretty much anything he's appealed with Cannon.
That should all be done in a matter of years. You guys fucked up again. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

If Cannon throws Smith off the case, Smith will appeal and win. As he has on pretty much anything he's appealed with Cannon.
He cannot appeal anything he wants. And, it wouldn’t help, anyway. He will have no standing to even appeal.

The DOJ might appeal. But that won’t help, either. The Constitution is pretty clear.

Try again, kiddo....we're talking about the 2022 case she was tossed off and humiliated by the 11th circuit court.

How Cannon was reprimanded for violating national standard, the sepration of powers, and trying to radically reorder case law to create special protections for Trump. And thrown off the case.

All of which demonstrate that she's nothing more than a hack.
Keep crying, bitch. :banana: :banana: :banana:

She has Jerk Smith by the balls, and it is killing you.

He cannot appeal anything he wants. And, it wouldn’t help, anyway. He will have no standing to even appeal.

The DOJ might appeal. But that won’t help, either. The Constitution is pretty clear.

He's appealed quite a bit. Both in this case and Cannon's spectacular blunders in her interference with his investigation in 2022. With the appeals courts siding consistently with Smith.

Durham wasn't appointed special counsel in 2018. Nor does the Senate appoint special counsels.
The Senate needs at some point to confirm them. That is the argument being presented by two former Attorneys General of the United States. Take it up with them. Cannon has little or nothing to do with it.

Laughing.....are the next '3 to 4 weeks going to be explosive' again, buddy?

Remember, your record on predicting the future isn't the best.
Like when they predicted Trump would never be president?

He's appealed quite a bit. Both in this case and Cannon's spectacular blunders in her interference with his investigation in 2022. With the appeals courts siding consistently with Smith.
Yes. He has appealed before the legal impediment to him being able to do so became an issue.

Yes. He has appealed before the legal impediment to him being able to do so became an issue.

I don't think Smith will be as hamstrung as you think in an appeal. The appeal court can simply stay Cannon's ruling while the issue is being adjudicated and allow Smith to continue in his role. The idea that Cannon and Cannon alone can decide if a Special Counsel has authority over a case, void of any appellant oversight or input from any higher court.....is an unlikely interpretation.

I don't think Smith will be as hamstrung as you think in an appeal. The appeal court can simply stay Cannon's ruling while the issue is being adjudicated and allow Smith to continue in his role. The idea that Cannon and Cannon alone can decide if a Special Counsel has authority over a case, void of any appellant oversight or input from any higher court.....is an unlikely interpretation.
Possible. But doubtful.

The AG made the now disputed “appointment.” So why not let the DOJ handle the appeal? Makes more sense than to permit a guy with quite probably no legal standing to handle an appeal on behalf of the United States.

Possible. But doubtful.

The AG made the now disputed “appointment.” So why not let the DOJ handle the appeal? Makes more sense than to permit a guy with quite probably no legal standing to handle an appeal on behalf of the United States.

I think it will depend on the Appealant courts assessment of the likelyhood of the success of the appeal.

Given that other friends of the court briefs and even legal defenses for J6 defendant have been put forward that argument, and been rejected by the federal courts, its not that unrealistic to conclude an appealant court would follow a similar path in accessing its likelihood of success.

And slamming the door on Smith so hard he lacks the ability to appeal? Oh, that's not happening. They may or may not grant the stay. But odds are overwhelmingly in Smith's favor that he'll at least be able to submit the appeal.

Cannon simply doesn't possess the authority to strip a Special Counsel of his seat unilaterally and irrevocably as a district judge.

I think it will depend on the Appealant courts assessment of the likelyhood of the success of the appeal.

Given that other friends of the court briefs and even legal defenses for J6 defendant have been put forward that argument, and been rejected by the federal courts, its not that unrealistic to conclude an appealant court would follow a similar path in accessing its likelihood of success.

And slamming the door on Smith so hard he lacks the ability to appeal? Oh, that's not happening. They may or may not grant the stay. But odds are overwhelmingly in Smith's favor that he'll at least be able to submit the appeal.

Cannon simply doesn't possess the authority to strip a Special Counsel of his seat unilaterally and irrevocably as a district judge.
Actually, I believe I was mistaken l. So, imma gonna retrace my steps a bit.

I do think it might be a conflict for Smith to have to argue a hearing where his being the attorney is the issue. Accordingly, I assume it would be more proper for someone in the DOJ to handle the hearing for him and his status as “special” prosecutor.

If the judge rules against his “office,” however, at that point he would no longer properly be the one to handle any appeal for the reasons I previously set forth.

The Supreme Court could take up the issue on the immunity case. They could simply invalidate Smith and avoid the immunity issue altogether. A fine solution to avoid an extremely contentious ruling that will forever be part of Robert's already questionable legacy.

Judge Cannon is no hack judge like Engeron or Merchan. The democrat's "Lawfare" just hit the wall.

Judge Aileen Cannon rips up court schedule in Mar-a-Lago case in ways that benefit Trump​

Cannon is planning on holding a sprawling hearing on Trump’s request to declare Jack Smith’s appointment as special counsel invalid, signaling she could be more willing than any other trial judge to veto the special prosecutor’s authority.
The planned hearing also adds a new, unusual twist in the federal criminal case against the former president: Cannon on Tuesday said that a variety of political partisans and constitutional scholars not otherwise involved with the case can join in the oral arguments later this month.
It’s an extraordinary elevation of arguments in a criminal case – filed a year ago this week – that likely won’t see trial until next year, if at all.

Two former Republican-appointed US attorneys general, Edwin Meese and Michael Mukasey, are part of the groups of so-called “friends of the court” that side with Trump and whom Cannon will hear from. The three groups will be allowed to argue, in addition to Justice Department and defendants’ lawyers, for 30 minutes each, according to the court record.
Meese and Mukasey have special insight to share with the judge, they say, given their former roles leading the Justice Department.

The hearing is scheduled for June 21st. I have no clue how it will shake out, but here's hoping that Lawfare loses bigly.

JUST IN: FANI WILLIS' CASE AGAINST TRUMP HALTED BY GEORGIA COURT OF APPEALS.
SO NO MORE TRIALS BEFORE NOVEMBER
🤣 If the case gets canned over an appointment ERROR....:auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back