Jailed Kentucky clerk refusing to back down in gay marriage dispute

Should The Government's business in Kentucky be run according to:

A) the US Constitution and Legal framework ___X___

B) The Doctrines of the Apostolic Church..._______

It is not done according to the church, but to the individuals conscience.

Only a libtard cant figure that one out.

How about this, pretend she is a libtard city councilman wanting to remove a confederate statue against he law.

No wing nuts Kim Davis does not trump, so to speak, the Law of the Land ...no no no
That would be Christian Sharia if it did.
No such thing as 'Christian Sharia'.

But you go right ahead and keep pissing-off the 70% of the country that identify as Christian.

See what that gets you in the long run.

Fool.

Have you ever noticed the left all use the same terms, words and phrases? The same terms, words and phrases the media uses, interesting
That's because 'the left' and 'the media' are relating the same facts of law and the same truth concerning the case:

That Davis is solely responsible for being jailed, that she has been afforded full and comprehensive due process of the law, that the court order she refuses to obey is just, lawful, and Constitutional, that as a fact of law Davis is wrong to refuse to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, and that Davis remains in jail of her own free will.

Davis is not a 'victim.'

Davis is not a 'martyr.'

Davis is not a 'hero.'

Davis is not 'Rosa Parks.'

Davis' religious liberty is not being 'violated,' her religious beliefs are not being 'attacked.'

The truth and facts belong to no one person or entity exclusively, they're available for all to use.

You and others on the right might want to try facts and the truth for a change.

But Clayton once again demonstrates he is a complete dumbass.

This is more of the, she won't bake me a cake so we'll destroy her, bullshit. She has the right to live her religion, free of state interference.
Why isn't God saving her?

He already has.
He never said He'd take you out of it, He said He'd get you through it. You'd know that if you ever picked up a Bible...

He can carry her to the unemployment line then. She had a job to do.

Actually her mother was the clerk there for 40 years and this woman worked as deputy clerk for 26 years without ever having her performance called into question. No problem with her doing her job.
The problem isn't one of performance, it is one of freedom to PRACTICE her religion that is in question. The government is trying to take away her beliefs and substitute their beliefs, insisting that theirs take precedent over her own. She was thrown in jail because of her religion. A practice that is going to become common place in this country for every religion but Islam.

Before Kim Davis decided to run for the office of county clerk, the KY ban on same-sex marriage was declared unconstitutional. The case was on its way to the U.S. Supreme Court for a final determination of the issue while she was campaigning to become an elected official. Because same sex couples are similarly situated to opposite sex couples, there was no legitimate basis to deprive them of liberty and equal rights under the law. Anyone with a brain could foresee that the Supreme Court would enforce the Fourteenth Amendment. Prior to the Obergefell ruling, Kim Davis and other government clerks wrote letters to state legislative representatives and asked them to change the marriage licensing laws so they wouldn't have to issue licenses to same sex couples.

Personally, I find their objections to be bigoted. I think they rummage around the Bible to find justification for their bigotry where none exists. One group's personal animus toward another group is never a justification to relegate the other group to second-class citizenship. But the members of the State Legislature were aware that their existing state marriage laws would be a problem for the nutty bigots, and they did nothing to fix the alleged problem to ensure "public servants" wouldn't have to sully their morbid consciences by serving homosexual couples. The Republican dominated state legislature invited the conflict that they knew was sure to come.

Kim Davis was not thrown in jail because of her religion. She is free and has always been free to practice her religion and believe whatever she wants to believe. However, the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment prohibits the state from imposing religion on the people it serves. A state can act only through its agents. Kim Davis, as an elected government official, is an agent of the state with the statutory duty to issue marriage licenses to all qualified applicants. She refused to comply with the law and unilaterally instituted a "no marriage licenses" policy in her government office. A federal court enjoined her--in her official capacity as an agent of the state--from enforcing that unconstitutional policy. She willfully disobeyed the court's order and informed the judge that she will never comply with the order. She is in jail because of her contempt of a court order. The keys to her jail cell are in her own pocket. When she informs the court that she will no longer obstruct the right of qualified applicants to obtain marriage licenses in a government office, then she can get out of jail.

Kim Davis is no better than George Wallace who blocked the doors of a school to prevent black children from entering. She is not in jail because of her religion; she is in jail because she--a government official--willfully disobeyed a court order and essentially blocked the doors to a government office to prevent same sex couples from obtaining a government service in the county where they live. The keys to her jail cell are in her own pocket. If she wants out of jail, all she has to do is tell the judge she will no longer obstruct access to government-issued marriage licenses.

Yes, please do "stand strong", as jail is where she belongs...
Yeah, you and you fellow PC Nazis just cant wait to start putting Christians into work camps, lol.

You do realize this wont end well for you libtards, right? Or do you even bother to try to think ahead?

Your hysteria is ridiculous. George Wallace was not put into a work camp. The race bigots were not placed into work camps. They thumped their bibles and obstructed black people's rights unmercifully, yet the government didn't round them up and throw them into work camps. The gay-bashers and bigots of today are likewise safe. You can say anything you want ... you can be Chicken Little and declare the sky is falling because you can't lawfully oppress the gays ... and all you're doing is making fools of yourselves.

How about this, pretend she is a libtard city councilman wanting to remove a confederate statue against he law.
A city councilman would have to use the courts to get it removed....Just like the state of SC went thru the legal procedures to get the Con-federate flag removed from in front of the State House.

Muslim manager to hamburger seeker

121010051902-carey-uk-london-islamic-cleric-deport-00013513-story-body.jpg

"sorry I am not going to risks my immortal soul putting bacon strips on your burger" no no other clerk can do that either as it makes me guilty they work for me......

Well, as a free market capitalist, I say let the market decide. Not courts.

If someone wants to patron their establishment knowing they cannot get a bacon cheeseburger then so be it.

That is they it should be done. However, that is not how you communist pawns are sold by your communist masters. You think there needs to be a LAW that someone private business should conduct themselves that violate their religious beliefs. Which is clearly allowed according to the constitution that you pieces of shit hate so much.

Fucking idiot.

If that were the case then blacks would still be banned from lunch counters all over the south. But then, you might be ok with that too.

Oh there you go. Black thing. Getting thank yous from the hopelessly brainwashed. Yes, if a business does not want to serve blacks and that is the way he does business, then the free market will take care of it.

I know I am going to waste my time with you and liberals that think like you, but here it goes. There was a bar that existed in Lake Worth where I use to live. The owner of the bar of made it clear he was a racist. He did not even try to hide it. I am not white, I will put it that way.

I went into his place and he made it clear he did not want me there. I left. I did not complain. Nothing. I went to a place that did serve me. That bar did not do any business. No one went in there cause of his policy. I could not stand him. I would walk past his place and it was ALWAYS empty. While all of the other bars were packed.

Guess what? He went out of business. The market made the judgement. Not some court. Not some law.

You do not get what I am saying cause you are a hack. You just have the cliches all down. The lunch counter cliche, ride the back of the bus cliche. It is long gone man.

No person who owns a business should be forced to do business with someone they do not want to do business with. That, is a violation of their first amendment. I would bet anything if a black baker was forced to bake a cake for a KKK party, you would be the first to say that black owner should have the right to turn them down.

You, and everyone like you are nothing but a hypocritical talking points and cliches for your communist masters. You ignorant as all fuck, and do not get shit. You are all such idiots.

I am not doing anything of the kind. I am discussing the reality of how our system works. That some redneck bar owner went out of business does not change that. There are laws in most states that forbid discrimination by a business. If you want to remove those, start an amendment or get elected and challenge them.

It actually has nothing to do with the topic, since the discrimination is happening in a gov't office.

...Love it. He made to say CHRISTIAN sharia. They are such scumbags. I swear to God.
Yep... gotta love it... these arrogant fools really think they can insult 70% of their fellow countrymen with impunity, and continue to shelter safe-and-sound under recent rulings.

They're in for a rude awakening over time, and they're about to lose their front-end man or mouthpiece in the Oval Office.

January 20, 2017, can't come fast enough, and more damage will be done, before the varmint leaves office, but there will be an end to it.

And then the fun can begin.

And what fun is that? The 9 judges on the US Supreme Court will be the same.

And, while 70% of Americans may identify as Christians, there are far fewer who agree with Kim Davis.

According to Pew research: Changing Attitudes on Gay Marriage
"Based on polling in 2015, a majority of Americans (55%) support same-sex marriage, compared with 39% who oppose it."

But do tell us about the "fun" you think will begin in January.

Thinking ahead? Are you expecting right-wing Jesus to return and spank all the liberals, darkies, and faggots?

No, I am expecting a series of libtard spawned disasters from weakness on terrorism, reverse racism and incompetent governance to cause a revolution in our political system, and within a decade or two at the most all you PC Nazi types will be persona nongrata in any decent social circle and haunted by your past associations like ex KKK shit-4-brains.

Personally, you are already your own worst enemy and will likely live a life of turmoil, unhappiness and violence. Karma is a bitch they say.

The content of your post discloses ignorance so vast that it brings shame to our country's system of education. It is people like you who use their ignorance to obstruct progress that results in all the problems we face as a nation.

And he has every right not to, and Burger King should be able to let him go for not being able to do his job, but he shouldn't go to JAIL for it, ass hat.
If the Allahnista refused to leave the building after Burger King fired him then " burly Police" would come into play...
Kim "the Martyr" Davis refuses to do her job but also refuses to resign...the issue of Gay Marriage has gone to the Supreme Court and Legal gay marriage is the law....any questions?

Why should she have to resign? Why cant she be let go by her superiors?

They will do that, eventually. But since she was elected, she can only be impeached by the KY Legislature. It convenes in January.

If every petty government official throughout the land had the "right" to impose their personal beliefs on the people they serve, then our Constitution would be a meaningless piece of paper. Apply your conscience to your own life and leave the rest of us alone.

And he has every right not to, and Burger King should be able to let him go for not being able to do his job, but he shouldn't go to JAIL for it, ass hat.
If the Allahnista refused to leave the building after Burger King fired him then " burly Police" would come into play...
Kim "the Martyr" Davis refuses to do her job but also refuses to resign...the issue of Gay Marriage has gone to the Supreme Court and Legal gay marriage is the law....any questions?

Why should she have to resign? Why cant she be let go by her superiors?

she is holding elected office ...

Then delegate the responsibility to another staffer, for Christs sake this isn't rocket science.

The one thing you don't do to a FREE PEOPLE is to force them to do something against their conscience as T Jefferson said, it is the worst form of tyranny to do that.

The judge tried to do that so Kim Davis would not go to jail. He asked her if one of the deputy clerks issued the licenses, would she refrain from interference. She refused even that. That is why she is in jail.

Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis was divorced three times and had children out of wedlock before experiencing a religious awakening that cemented her obedience to Christian scripture — and her defiance of the country's highest court.

Davis, an Apostolic Christian, says her commitment to her faith came after she found "a message of grace" four years ago when she went to church following the death of her mother-in-law.

advertisement

"I am not perfect. No one is," she said in her statement. "But I am forgiven and I love my Lord and must be obedient to Him and to the Word of God."

She was first married in 1984, when she was 18, and divorced a decade later, court records show. Five months after the marriage dissolved, she gave birth to twins by another man.

In 1996, she married again, and her new husband adopted the twins. They divorced in 2006.

advertisement

The following year, she married the father of her twins. That third marriage lasted less than a year.

In 2009, Davis remarried her second husband, Joe Davis. They remain wed.

One of her lawyers, Mathew Staver of the Christian firm Liberty Counsel, said that most Rowan County taxpayers — who pay her $80,000 annual salary — stand by her.

Kim Davis, Kentucky Clerk Blocking Gay Marriages, Has Had Her Own Marital Strife

Got to love it, the hypocrisy.

Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis was divorced three times and had children out of wedlock before experiencing a religious awakening that cemented her obedience to Christian scripture — and her defiance of the country's highest court.

Davis, an Apostolic Christian, says her commitment to her faith came after she found "a message of grace" four years ago when she went to church following the death of her mother-in-law.

advertisement

"I am not perfect. No one is," she said in her statement. "But I am forgiven and I love my Lord and must be obedient to Him and to the Word of God."

She was first married in 1984, when she was 18, and divorced a decade later, court records show. Five months after the marriage dissolved, she gave birth to twins by another man.

In 1996, she married again, and her new husband adopted the twins. They divorced in 2006.

advertisement

The following year, she married the father of her twins. That third marriage lasted less than a year.

In 2009, Davis remarried her second husband, Joe Davis. They remain wed.

One of her lawyers, Mathew Staver of the Christian firm Liberty Counsel, said that most Rowan County taxpayers — who pay her $80,000 annual salary — stand by her.

Kim Davis, Kentucky Clerk Blocking Gay Marriages, Has Had Her Own Marital Strife

Got to love it, the hypocrisy.
Divorce is a tough habit to kick for conservatives. Just look at Rush.

YAWNNNNNNN. Been christian for 4 years. Get over it degenerates. She repented to her god all is forgiven you are all freaks of nature and disgusting scum. Nothing short of death will help homosexuals.

She is probably going to sue, since she can no longer do her job and she can't get fired being an elected nutcase.
sue for what? that's ridiculous.
Why isn't God saving her?

Because she forgot to read Romans:
Romans 13:1-7English Standard Version (ESV)

Submission to the Authorities

13 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, 4 for he is God's servant for your good.

Apostolic Christian Church of America: Statement of Faith

17. Governmental authority is respected and obeyed. Members serve in a non-combatant status in the military. Oaths are not taken, but truth is affirmed.

Matthew 22:21
Luke 3:14
Romans 13:1-10
1 Timothy 2:1-2
Hebrews 12:14
James 5:12
1 Peter 2:12-14

Kim Davis is ignoring the above tenet of her own faith.

Actually her mother was the clerk there for 40 years and this woman worked as deputy clerk for 26 years without ever having her performance called into question.
Remarkable, since she worked for her mommy...

And she works for the taxpayers, not God. They get to set the rules, not her or her God.
What a wonderful idea; let the Rowan County taxpayers vote on whether they should support marriage between same sex couples. Now why didn't anyone think to let the people vote on the issue. You are so illtelligintimate ty :eusa_whistle:

Because the majority cannot vote away the rights of a minority. Whether you like it or not, the US Constitution protects the minority from the majority mob.

Not quite right. The Constitution protects BOTH. It is, Majority rule, minority rights. We have skewed that and it is causing these problem. The few are now deciding what the masses must do, or say, or how to conduct business. A classic example was the minority telling the majority of bakers who they must bake for regardless of their beliefs. Gays weren't being denied cake. Lots of bakers bake "gay". Instead we have a minority gay mob demanding all perform to their standards, which removes the rights of the majority.

Actually her mother was the clerk there for 40 years and this woman worked as deputy clerk for 26 years without ever having her performance called into question.
Remarkable, since she worked for her mommy...

And she works for the taxpayers, not God. They get to set the rules, not her or her God.
What a wonderful idea; let the Rowan County taxpayers vote on whether they should support marriage between same sex couples. Now why didn't anyone think to let the people vote on the issue. You are so illtelligintimate ty :eusa_whistle:

Because the majority cannot vote away the rights of a minority. Whether you like it or not, the US Constitution protects the minority from the majority mob.

Not quite right. The Constitution protects BOTH. It is, Majority rule, minority rights. We have skewed that and it is causing these problem. The few are now deciding what the masses must do, or say, or how to conduct business. A classic example was the minority telling the majority of bakers who they must bake for regardless of their beliefs. Gays weren't being denied cake. Lots of bakers bake "gay". Instead we have a minority gay mob demanding all perform to their standards, which removes the rights of the majority.
How terrible, making people do for money, what they already do for money. Liberals suck...

Can conservatives really be THIS dumb?

Yes, they are. Every social conservative I have encountered are ignorant. They have no critical thinking skills. They believe that they have the right to abuse the power of government to impose their ignorance on the rest of society.

...Love it. He made to say CHRISTIAN sharia. They are such scumbags. I swear to God.
Yep... gotta love it... these arrogant fools really think they can insult 70% of their fellow countrymen with impunity, and continue to shelter safe-and-sound under recent rulings.

They're in for a rude awakening over time, and they're about to lose their front-end man or mouthpiece in the Oval Office.

January 20, 2017, can't come fast enough, and more damage will be done, before the varmint leaves office, but there will be an end to it.

And then the fun can begin.

And what fun is that? The 9 judges on the US Supreme Court will be the same.

And, while 70% of Americans may identify as Christians, there are far fewer who agree with Kim Davis.

According to Pew research: Changing Attitudes on Gay Marriage
"Based on polling in 2015, a majority of Americans (55%) support same-sex marriage, compared with 39% who oppose it."

But do tell us about the "fun" you think will begin in January.
And let's not forget, Kim Davis was exercising religious tyranny by forcing her clerks to go by HER interpretation of christianity and forcing them to follow christian sharia instead of Constitutional law.

Do cat-killers make history?

There are some infamous serial killers who were cat-killers.

Another common indicator of possible serial killing behavior is killing animals. They may provoke, torture, or even kill cats, dogs, and other animals. Even after seeing the results of their actions, the person will show no form of regret or remorse. Serial killers generally seek control over the life of another, and at a younger age a small animal is the only type of creature they will be able to fully dominate. Any adolescent who displays this activity is at an extreme risk of developing into a serial killer when they reach adulthood.

Source: Crime Library: Early Signs of Serial Killers | Crime Museum

Can conservatives really be THIS dumb?

Yes, they are. Every social conservative I have encountered are ignorant. They have no critical thinking skills. They believe that they have the right to abuse the power of government to impose their ignorance on the rest of society.

Ridiculous hyperbole. Akin to every liberal has an IQ no higher than their shoe size, with no critical thinking skills. I'll bet there is a handful of you out there that have double digit IQ's. ;)

Forum List

Back