🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

January 6 Was Not A Coup

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would demur on that assertion too.

No stupid. You would deny it or challenge it. And that’s fine. No matter how much you favor the use of it inappropriate word choices, yiur disagreement means nothing. Your half baked at the best of times.
Now, to be sure, I do not have a list of the 61 cases brought before the courts (and about 111 judges), but......but I have some confidence in the testimony before the Committee by Republican lawyer Benjamin Ginsberg.
Ginsberg, widely considered a preeminent expert on elections and election law testified in the 2nd hearing. He offered credible detail of those court cases. He studied all 61.

If my memory serves …. but, if memory serves he stated that about half were rejected by courts for a variety of procedural reasons.

I dont care about my his alleged “calculations” or your memory.
Call that simply bad lawyering, sloppy representation.

Or possibly erroneous legal decisions? Funny how you fail to even contemplate that prospect.
The other half did have hearings before judges.....

Prove it. I don’t believe it’s a valid claim.
and they were dismissed as without merit, lack of evidence, or didn't prove their argument, etc.
zzz. In some cases maybe. But I seriously doubt your assertions and the bases for your assertions.
Go ahead, check out Ginsberg. He punctured that RWNJ trope of 'never had a fair hearing'...yadda, yadda, yadda.

No. I have no reason to place any stock in your source. And the burden is yours. Show me a few cases that actually got evidentiary hearings with cross examinations etc. but of course, you won’t.
ps.....note to poster BackAgain, you really really need to watch the hearings (5 so far). They will inform you better than sources such as Alex Jones, Jim Hoft, Tucker C., Marjorie Greene. Trust me.
No, terribly hackneyed prissy poseur poster,Chilliconfuzed. The hearings are a bullshit show for hacks like you. But I’ll happily look at and consider actual evidence.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Many of those involved in the attack were armed, and several had guns that police later seized."

PolitiFact reviewed the case files of approximately 430 defendants who were arrested and charged for their actions at the Capitol. We found several defendants who police say were found to have brought firearms with them. Some were charged with having firearms on Capitol grounds, while others stashed them away while in Washington.

They included:
(read the link).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way, the FBI report was that no guns were seized at the Capitol that day.
But video evidence and testimony showed guns were there in the possession of Trump goons.

Notable, and not unimportant, the police were overwhelmed (watch the videos of the attack)....seizing guns, even arresting or handcuffing the Trump goons was perhaps a bridge to far. The police had all they could do to keep from being torn apart or bashed to jelly by the goons.
No guns were recovered by any of the protestors inside the Capitol. Pretty hard to kidnap the VP when nobody on the side of the protestors, inside the building Pence was in, had a gun. Once again, your shrill alarmism carries no actual weight, Chilliconfuzed.

How is a mob of angry, unarmed citizens dressed in costume a threat to our democracy, but decades of bombing innocent people around the world for geopolitical power is not?

Who cares?
Who cares?

On the one hand Trump has his hand picked advisors telling him he lost the election and that the election wasn't fraudulent

And on the other was Drunk Roody and the Krazy Kraken Lady and the Pillow guy and...who cares that he listened to the nutjobs?

140 cops injured.

Dozens of cops hospitalized

Capitol Building windows bashed in'

Capitol Building Doors bashed in

Chants of "Hang Mile Pence"

Oathkeepers admitting that they would have killed Pelosi and others
Repeating your litany and adding other equally unpersuasive factoids doesn’t alter the conclusion. No insurrection. No coup. No assassination plot against Vice President Pence. No working gallow. No guns.

This is the DNC charlatan show. It’s not an investigation and it hasn’t “revealed” diddly shit.

Repeating your litany and adding other equally unpersuasive factoids doesn’t alter the conclusion. No insurrection. No coup. No assassination plot against Vice President Pence. No working gallow. No guns.

This is the DNC charlatan show. It’s not an investigation and it hasn’t “revealed” diddly shit.
Repeating your litany of bullshit doesn't change the facts shown above

Pretty hard to kidnap the VP when nobody on the side of the protestors, inside the building Pence was in, had a gun.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Umm, my fault, my fault.....I thought I had been clear that the FBI did not, nor did the Capitol Police, recover guns inside the Capitol...because....they were overwhelmed by a violent mob intent on tearing them apart. My bad.

However, I should have been clearer in pointing out....as the Politifact piece did.....that guns WERE shown to be carried by the Trump goons and some of those blokes who did so........ were later identified and arrested for it.

Your litany of factoids are by and large irrelevant. But you refuse to see as much because you’re a determined hack.
Really?

140 cops injured

Dozens of cops hospitalized

Windows smashed in

Doors smashed in

Rioters chanting "Kill Mike Pence"

Oathkeepers on record of wanting to kill Pelosi and AOC and others

Irrelevant??

Oathkeepers admitting that they would have killed Pelosi and others

Well, even I gotta admit that was a pretty flimsy looking gallows (and that's from someone who has never hung anybody or even witnessed a hangin'.)

One has to wonder why......Pence's security detail didn't simply let him go before the rioters and try to talk them out of not hanging him? After all, it was just a flimsy gallows.

Indiana Mike talking the crowd out of being angry with him could've made for riveting TV. No?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Umm, my fault, my fault.....I thought I had been clear that the FBI did not, nor did the Capitol Police, recover guns inside the Capitol...because....they were overwhelmed by a violent mob intent on tearing them apart. My bad.

However, I should have been clearer in pointing out....as the Politifact piece did.....that guns WERE shown to be carried by the Trump goons and some of those blokes who did so........ were later identified and arrested for it.
I don’t know that any of the protestors were Trump “goons.” But I do acknowledge that one protestor — who wasn’t found inside the Capitol building — was charged with possession of a gun.

Absent having a gun inside the Capitol building, I stand by the point that it is rather silly to believe that anyone of the protestors inside the Capitol building would pose an actual threat to Pence.

Prove it. I don’t believe it’s a valid claim.
Me? Me 'prove it'?
Why?
I didn't allege it.

I merely pointed out for informational purposes who had testified before the Committee. And that he had examined each of the 61 cases and determined about half were thrown out as not qualifying for further court review. The other half got a court review and were thrown out for lacking merit, or some such. At least that's what Republican election expert Benjamin Ginsberg testified to before the Congressional Committee. Go ahead, check it out on YouTube. It is in the 2nd hearing.

Too, and this may simply be a quirk of mine, but......but I give a lot more credibility to a noted 'expert' who testified under oath with penalty of perjury.....than I do some bloke posting anonymously on an internet gossipboard wlhile using a fake name.

No disrespect intended.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have no reason to place any stock in your source. And the burden is yours.

Burden?
No burden here.
See the response just above.
It applies exactly the same.
I'm serving as merely an honest broker of information.
You could do the same.....if you watched the hearings.
You could be better informed. And less prone to gaffes.
Trust me.

How did they know?
Had you watched the hearings, you would know Barr explained that the leads were followed by investigators.

US DOJ investigators. At the behest of the AG, in service to Trump's whim.

And they found nothing. Found it was all bullshit. Exact word... repeated by Barr ... "bullshit"

It's why Barr went out the door in December 2020, as you might recall.

Me? Me 'prove it'?
Why?
I didn't allege it.

I merely pointed out for informational purposes who had testified before the Committee. And that he had examined each of the 61 cases and determined about half were thrown out as not qualifying for further court review. The other half got a court review and were thrown out for lacking merit, or some such. At least that's what Republican election expert Benjamin Ginsberg testified to before the Congressional Committee. Go ahead, check it out on YouTube. It is in the 2nd hearing.

Too, and this may simply be a quirk of mine, but......but I give a lot more credibility to a noted 'expert' who testified under oath with penalty of perjury.....than I do some bloke posting anonymously on an internet gossipboard wlhile using a fake name.

No disrespect intended.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Burden?
No burden here.
See the response just above.
It applies exactly the same.
I'm serving as merely an honest broker of information.
You could do the same.....if you watched the hearings.
You could be better informed. And less prone to gaffes.
Trust me.
So? Duck it then. You’re the one citing it. That makes you a proponent. But I don’t care if you wish to duck it.

I leave the gaffes and errors to you. As you’ve shown tonight.

Well, even I gotta admit that was a pretty flimsy looking gallows (and that's from someone who has never hung anybody or even witnessed a hangin'.)

One has to wonder why......Pence's security detail didn't simply let him go before the rioters and try to talk them out of not hanging him? After all, it was just a flimsy gallows.

Indiana Mike talking the crowd out of being angry with him could've made for riveting TV. No?
That was a real noose.

Know what happens when a noose is put around a neck and a crowd pulls in opposite directions?

Guess

Forum List

Back