Japan threatens war with china over Taiwan

"If a major problem took place in Taiwan, it would not be too much to say that it could relate to a survival-threatening situation [for Japan]," Japan's deputy prime minister Taro Aso said at a fundraising party by a fellow Liberal Democratic Party lawmaker, according to Kyodo.

A "survival-threatening situation" refers to a situation where an armed attack against a foreign country that is in a close relationship with Japan occurs, which in turns poses a clear risk of threatening Japan's survival.

Such a situation is one of the conditions that need to be met for Japan to exercise its right of collective self-defense, or coming to the aid of an ally under attack.

@@@@@@@@@

While America focuses on internal domestic problems the danger of a major war with china looms ever closer

The japanese statement is encouraging because a strong united coalition confronting china offers the best chance of avoiding armed conflict

If the democracies are united and resolute china MAY back down
I SUPPORT JAPAN 100%!!!

Bushido is NOT dead. Never has been.

We need to let the samurai within each of them rise from the boot we have had on their necks for the last 75 years.

They will, unequivocally, BEAT THE FUCKING SHIT out of China, and it won't be close.

Japan once had a terrifying samurai warrior culture that is dead
Today’s Japanese Boys are very feminine and dress and act like girls .
Have you seen their sissy cartoons
The Chinese would eviscerate them

SUPPORT JAPAN 100%!!!

Bushido is NOT dead. Never has been.

We need to let the samurai within each of them rise from the boot we have had on their necks for the last 75 years.

They will, unequivocally, BEAT THE FUCKING SHIT out of China, and it won't be close.
Japan by itself would probably lose

But the combined navies of free nations would make china think twice

avoiding war while preventing chinese aggression is the goal

We dont want to fight china if we dont have to

But the combined navies of free nations would make china think twice
Definitely, some analogue of Pacific 'NATO' should be created. With Japan and Australia in it among others. India too should be included in this treaty.

Actually, the Taiwan question should be cleared up once and for all. Taiwan is not a separatist region of mainland China. The Chinese government in Beijing and the Chinese government in Taiwan are the result of China's civil war of the 20th century. Both these governments have equal legitimacy and none of them can demand elimination of the other.

Sooner or later, the countries of anti-China alliance will recognize this fact.

Really?
Masculinity problem?
How the hell would arrive at that stupid assumption.
You are almost too uniformed to waste my
bandwidth on

There are numerous reports out of china about this

Here is just one

You are right. I am wrong.

Actually, the Taiwan question should be cleared up once and for all. Taiwan is not a separatist region of mainland China. The Chinese government in Beijing and the Chinese government in Taiwan are the result of China's civil war of the 20th century. Both these governments have equal legitimacy and none of them can demand elimination of the other.

The Nationalist government led by Chang Kai Shek that fled mainland china in 1949 no longer rules Taiwan

The dictatorship was ended and an independent government took its place about 10 years ago

And I think japan is well aware of that fact

The Nationalist government led by Chang Kai Shek that fled mainland china in 1949 no longer rules Taiwan

The dictatorship was ended and an independent government took its place about 10 years ago

And I think japan is well aware of that fact
It is an internal matter of Taiwan, what government they have. What does Japan have to do with that? I don't support the Japanese if they want to reclaim Taiwan as their territory.

Forum List

Back