Japan threatens war with china over Taiwan

It is an internal matter of Taiwan, what government they have. What does Japan have to do with that? I don't support the Japanese if they want to reclaim Taiwan as their territory.
You are mistaken

Its in the free worlds best interest to stop chinese aggression as much as we can

And Taiwan is defendable

It is an internal matter of Taiwan, what government they have. What does Japan have to do with that? I don't support the Japanese if they want to reclaim Taiwan as their territory.
You are mistaken

Its in the free worlds best interest to stop chinese aggression as much as we can

And Taiwan is defendable
I agree with that. But Taiwan should stay as a sovereign nation.

"If a major problem took place in Taiwan, it would not be too much to say that it could relate to a survival-threatening situation [for Japan]," Japan's deputy prime minister Taro Aso said at a fundraising party by a fellow Liberal Democratic Party lawmaker, according to Kyodo.

A "survival-threatening situation" refers to a situation where an armed attack against a foreign country that is in a close relationship with Japan occurs, which in turns poses a clear risk of threatening Japan's survival.

Such a situation is one of the conditions that need to be met for Japan to exercise its right of collective self-defense, or coming to the aid of an ally under attack.

@@@@@@@@@

While America focuses on internal domestic problems the danger of a major war with china looms ever closer

The japanese statement is encouraging because a strong united coalition confronting china offers the best chance of avoiding armed conflict

If the democracies are united and resolute china MAY back down

That is very interesting news. Thanks.

I was wondering how Japan would react if the Emperor of China decided to snatch little Taiwan.

Most nations (including the United States) would just "deplore" the aggression, but they would not intervene, for -- understandably -- most people in the world do not feel that war with China is a good idea. (Why should American soldiers die for Taiwan? would be a fair question.)

One hopes, however, that the United States of America has the backbone to at least supply Taiwan sophisticated weapons for defense. Hopefully, Japan is also doing that.

But seeing how chummy many American politicians (no necessity to name them!) and corporations are with the Chinese dictators, that may be out of the question, too.

That is why I wrote that Pacific 'NATO' should be created and the policy toward Taiwan be changed in the line of recognition it as a sovereign nation.
Taiwan has not declared independence yet

Until a few election cycles before now it was still dominated by KMT ( the Nationalists ) who claim that they are the rightful rulers of all of china

Which is delusional but the voters have rejected that claim

The democracies do not have a formal military alliance against china at this time

But chinese aggression is making it seem like a good idea

That is why I wrote that Pacific 'NATO' should be created and the policy toward Taiwan be changed in the line of recognition it as a sovereign nation.
Taiwan has not declared independence yet

Until a few election cycles before now it was still dominated by KMT ( the Nationalists ) who claim that they are the rightful rulers of all of china

Which is delusional but the voters have rejected that claim

The democracies do not have a formal military alliance against china at this time

But chinese aggression is making it seem like a good idea
Taiwan hasn't declared and won't declare its independence until it receives security guarantees from the US and regional powers. I think that a military alliance there is just a matter of time. And its creation should have been started yesterday.

OP: Source of the news from a dem fundraiser. Should Republicans feel guilty and start wearing “Taiwanese Lives Matter” t-shirts?

America is no longer the leader of the "Free World". China Joe wouldn't even join a coalition of nations against the CCP. He is a bought and paid for BITCH of Xi Jinping.
You idiot, President Biden said this week that we need to remove all our troops from Afghanistan and focus on the real threat, China.

Trump is not in office anymore, we have a real leader now, not a puppet of Putin.
99d0ebcca9912b7e476e57039c86254a40b4c91d3744016433736410f052fa5c.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz

Forum List

Back