Jared Kusher paid little or no income taxes between 2009 to 2016

Ohhh so he took advantage of the LAW. Hmmm sounds illegal to me. Oh wait. It's NOT illegal.
So you have no problem with Trump signing into law more deductions that will result in tens of millions of dollars of tax benefits for Kushner and Trump when he leaves office?

Wait, wait-------> Obama and Clinton came into the Whitehouse broke as crapola,and came out richer than poop.

Bullshit - Clinton's net worth on taking office may have been a tad under a million.
The Clintons Wrote The Book On How Politicians Climb Out Of Middle Class

Obama was very easily a millionaire on inauguration day. Please stop being an idiot.

Three-fourths of Obama's money came from lucrative book deals, according to a FORBES analysis of 16 years of tax returns and financial disclosure documents. In total, Obama has earned $15.6 million as an author since arriving in Washington.

He has made $8.8 million from his bestseller Audacity of Hope and children’s book Of Thee I Sing: A Letter To My Daughters. Sales of his memoir Dreams From My Father, originally published in 1995, also took off once he landed in the nation's capital, resulting in a $6.8 million windfall for the president.​

How Barack Obama Has Made $20 Million Since Arriving In Washington

Yea you have to love Obama's books they were best sellers

giphy (2).gif

Over the past decade, Jared Kushner’s family company has spent billions of dollars buying real estate. His personal stock investments have soared. His net worth has quintupled to almost $324 million.

And yet, for several years running, Mr. Kushner — President Trump’s son-in-law and a senior White House adviser — appears to have paid almost no federal income taxes, according to confidential financial documents reviewed by The New York Times.

Kushner Paid No Federal Income Tax for Years, Documents Suggest

Kushner took advantage of the law allowing depreciation on his real estate holdings while his buildings dramatically increased in value. Kushner's personal income was about 1.5 million per year in which no tax was paid.

The good news for Kushner, Trump and other real estate developers is that they will not have to pay taxes for years to come because the White House last year championed a sweeping revision of the nation’s tax laws that expanded many of the benefits enjoyed by real estate investors, allowing them to reap even larger deductions.

The bad news is for the middle classes that will see the deficit soar and its benefits decline.

Trump is laughing all the way to the bank as his supporters cheer that he gives some of his salary to charity while he reaps the benefits of a system he has rigged in his favor.

Trumpists truly are the world's biggest saps.

He is laughing? NO, you are laughing, lol...……..and so are we!

Your pathetic attempt at class envy is obvious. Why don't you and Christine "Blue Balls" Ford go sue him, lolololol!
Class envy!!!! ROFLMAO.

Profiting off your government service must be the new American, or should I say, Trumplican way.

Don't you people get tired of being taken for saps?
Trump donates his salary.

For every penny Dotard "Donates" of his lousy 400k salary, he makes it back a thousand-fold on oligarchs and assholes creating shell corporations to buy his properties in return for political favor. Don't be Dopey

What political favor, insider trading like Maxine , Nancy and Diane ?

Over the past decade, Jared Kushner’s family company has spent billions of dollars buying real estate. His personal stock investments have soared. His net worth has quintupled to almost $324 million.

And yet, for several years running, Mr. Kushner — President Trump’s son-in-law and a senior White House adviser — appears to have paid almost no federal income taxes, according to confidential financial documents reviewed by The New York Times.

Kushner took advantage of the law allowing depreciation on his real estate holdings while his buildings dramatically increased in value. Kushner's personal income was about 1.5 million per year in which no tax was paid.

The good news for Kushner, Trump and other real estate developers is that they will not have to pay taxes for years to come because the White House last year championed a sweeping revision of the nation’s tax laws that expanded many of the benefits enjoyed by real estate investors, allowing them to reap even larger deductions.

The bad news is for the middle classes that will see the deficit soar and its benefits decline.

Trump is laughing all the way to the bank as his supporters cheer that he gives some of his salary to charity while he reaps the benefits of a system he has rigged in his favor.

Your pathetic attempt at class envy is obvious. Why don't you and Christine "Blue Balls" Ford go sue him, lolololol!
Class envy!!!! ROFLMAO.

Profiting off your government service must be the new American, or should I say, Trumplican way.

For every penny Dotard "Donates" of his lousy 400k salary, he makes it back a thousand-fold on oligarchs and assholes creating shell corporations to buy his properties in return for political favor. Don't be Dopey

What political favor, insider trading like Maxine , Nancy and Diane ?

Sorry my furry friend, but whataboutism no longer plays around here.

Class envy!!!! ROFLMAO.

Kinda like the Clinton foundation?

I'll probably make a tad under a 100k this year, but just stroked a check for 15k on my 3rd quarter estimated. Good chunk of that was capital gains on a rental I sold. Was not interested in buying another rental property via 1031 exchange and closing within a narrow window of 45 days.

THANK YOU! If you make $100k, that $15k will just about cover your Social Security contribution.

I am so happy to have you around, a Progressive who wants to pay more than they have to in income taxes.

You should know about 1031 tax-free exchanges is that you only have to identify up to three properties which you MAY purchase. A wise investor would have his finger on the pulse of the market, know what they are looking for and have some candidates already in mind. If you can't identify three properties in with you are interested in purchasing with 45 calendar days of the closing on your subject property, you're not a serious investor. From the end of the 45 days, you have SIX MONTHS to close on the new property. A piece of cake and presto, you have the taxes you would have paid still in your pocket and NOT the governments.

I had an individual who did nothing but act as the disinterested third party in 1031 exchanges. Any investor I came across, I almost always acted as a listing agent, I took to him to first discuss tax-free exchanges. Most thought they were only for large properties or far too complex for them to handle. Arthur did all the paperwork and made sure they were within their time limits. My clients saved and made thousands of dollars and I made a commission on the listing and the purchase of the new property.

WIN, WIN, WIN!

Last edited:
you need to educate yourself on tax laws

He LEGALLY lowered his taxes by using depreciation on his real estate holdings just like every other business does,

What you don't realize is that when a property id depreciated you lose the ability to deduct the entire purchase price of a property from the profit when that entity is sold so even though he used depreciation to reduce his current tax debt he will pay more taxes on the profit from the sale of any properties he has depreciated

and FYI every single person who owns real estate does this

How many damn times do I have to say I never said what Jared did was illegal.
and yet you're whining about it

why don't you whine about people who actually break the law?

If you are working in the executive branch crafting laws that may be beneficial to you, the voting public should know whether those laws will benefit you financially. This applies for new laws that increase tax benefits for real estate developers.

If nothing else the purpose of the story is to provoke a discussion as to whether these tax laws favoring large developers should remain on the books or be amended.

The fact is that Jared's real estate holdings dramatically increased in value, and more power to him for that, but the depreciation laws he takes advantage of is based upon his property declining in value. So, Jared as well as all big real developers, get these huge windfalls because of these laws. Thus Jared with his 1.5 million income pays no income tax while Joe Middleclass takes on the burden of paying taxes all while our 21 trillion dollar deficit balloons.

you do realize these laws were in place for many many years before Kushner married into the Trump clan don't you?

and don't pretend you care abut the debt ( not deficit) you like so many other only say you care abut it when the guy you didn't vote for runs it up

and in since you don't know Trump tax cuts gave one of the biggest tax breaks ever to middle class business owners who operate under sole proprietorship, S corp and LLC designations. The vast majority of these business have fewer than 50 employees and in fact most aren't even in the double digits

Millions of middle class business owners and self employed people finally got some tax relief and you have a problem with that.

I have always cared about the debt. If this were Hillary I would be condemning her as well. As far as Obama, he had to spend to keep the economy, not just the US, but the world economy, from complete collapse. There is no reason for increasing the debt now.

BTW, I am a big believer in middle class tax relief but not for billionaires, especially as they have more tax loopholes than the middle class will ever have.

like I said you don't care when the guy you voted for runs up debt only the guy you didn't vote for

and if you really supported the middle clss you'd be happy for those millions of middle class business owners and self employed people that finally got a tax break

I'll probably make a tad under a 100k this year, but just stroked a check for 15k on my 3rd quarter estimated. Good chunk of that was capital gains on a rental I sold. Was not interested in buying another rental property via 1031 exchange and closing within a narrow window of 45 days.

THANK YOU! If you make $100k, that $15k will just about cover your Social Security contribution.

I am so happy to have you around, a Progressive who wants to pay more than they have to in income taxes.

You should know about 1031 tax-free exchanges is that you only have to identify up to three properties which you MAY purchase. A wise investor would have his finger on the pulse of the market, know what they are looking for and have some candidates already in mind. If you can't identify three properties in with you are interested in purchasing with 45 calendar days of the closing on your subject property, you're not a serious investor. From the end of the 45 days, you have SIX MONTHS to close on the new property. A piece of cake and presto, you have the taxes you would have paid still in your pocket and NOT the governments.

I had an individual who did nothing but act as the disinterested third party in 1031 exchanges. Any investor I came across, I almost always acted as a listing agent, I took to him to first discuss tax-free exchanges. Most thought they were only for large properties or far too complex for them to handle. Arthur did all the paperwork and made sure they were within their time limits. My clients saved and made thousands of dollars and I made a commission on the listing and the purchase of the new property.

WIN, WIN, WIN!

I was interested neither in moving nor in acquiring another rental property. Additionally, the 1031 only delays the tax liability. At my age (60), I am interested only in being debt-free with limited tax liability now or in the future, and keeping things simple. I was a landlord on multiple properties for 15 years. Been there - DONE. I did two of these exchanges already. No mas.

Nice to see you Dotards condone real estate loopholes for billionaires who pay nothing in taxes. Personally, I am tired of subsidizing them.

Ohhh so he took advantage of the LAW. Hmmm sounds illegal to me. Oh wait. It's NOT illegal.
So you have no problem with Trump signing into law more deductions that will result in tens of millions of dollars of tax benefits for Kushner and Trump when he leaves office?

Do you imagine Trump could have crafted a tax cut package that wouldn't benefit Kushner in any way?

You realize that you're a moron, don't you?
You need to stop being a sap. There is a difference between a general tax cut and one targeted to the business your in and that benefits you and your family personally to the tune of millions of dollars.
Which tax cuts were those? The Trump tax package contains a change that actually increases taxes for property owners in New York.

I was interested neither in moving nor in acquiring another rental property. Additionally, the 1031 only delays the tax liability. At my age (60), I am interested only in being debt-free with limited tax liability now or in the future, and keeping things simple. I was a landlord on multiple properties for 15 years. Been there - DONE. I did two of these exchanges already. No mas.

Nice to see you Dotards condone real estate loopholes for billionaires who pay nothing in taxes. Personally, I am tired of subsidizing them.

So why did you even bring up the topic of a 1031, which you demonstrated you know nothing about other than to dazzle other posters?

Actually, if you plan far enough ahead, there is a way to legally avoid paying the capital gains on one or several real estate investment properties. It's easy but you never did a 1031 tax-free exchange so you would have no clue.

You whine about not loopholes but perfectly legal tax planning used by everyone from the small investor to multi-billionaires but you chose to use those laws and then you whine. Impressive.

So why did you even bring up the topic of a 1031, which you demonstrated you know nothing about other than to dazzle other posters?

Actually, if you plan far enough ahead, there is a way to legally avoid paying the capital gains on one or several real estate investment properties. It's easy but you never did a 1031 tax-free exchange so you would have no clue.

You whine about not loopholes but perfectly legal tax planning used by everyone from the small investor to multi-billionaires but you chose to use those laws and then you whine. Impressive.

Fuck off Marky Mark and your entire "Funky Bunch" :)

I repeat that thanks to the Trump tax cuts, people like Kushner will now see a huge increase in how much they end up paying for state and local taxes (SALT). The Trump tax cuts impose a $10K on SALT deductions, which will hit the affluent and the rich very hard. Here in Northern Virginia, if a person earns $500K and owns a house worth $800K, their SALT will be at least $36K (at least $25K in state income taxes and $11K in property taxes), but now, instead of being able to deduct 100% of their $36K in SALT, they will only be able to deduct $10K, which means the $10K deduction cap will cost them $26K that they would not have had to absorb before the Trump tax cuts.

Trump is laughing all the way to the bank as his supporters cheer that he gives some of his salary, chump change, to charity while he reaps the benefits of a system that he has rigged in his favor to the tune of tens of millions or dollars with his changes in these new tax laws,

So Kushner filed and paid taxes in accordance with the law.

Got it.

Why bitch about him when The bottom line: out of 171.3 million tax units this year, 77.5 million—or 45.3 percent—won't pay income tax.Oct 6, 2015 Seems there is a bigger problem than just Jared

Yayyyyy! I love corruption when my party is doing it!

Yayyyyy! I love corruption when my party is doing it!
What "corruption," asshole? Since when is following the law corrupt?

Class envy!!!! ROFLMAO.

Remind me when you minded when Pelosi and Her Husband raked in Millions for his company because she steered Government Contracts to him? Remind me when you minded when Feinstein and her husband raked in millions doing the same thing? They actually broke the law as compared to what Trump did.

Forum List

Back