JD Vance says that illegal immigration is causing the housing crisis, but business insider, says JD is wrong. I say he is right.

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da
JD Vance said migrants are the reason it's so expensive to rent or buy homes. He's wrong.
"When I talk to Americans, one of the biggest concerns I hear is, 'Why are housing costs so high?' I'll give you two reasons: First, there are 20 million illegal aliens who shouldn't be here and who are competing with Americans for scarce homes," Vance told Fox News host Sean Hannity, adding, "Second, Kamala Harris has supported higher interest rates, which makes mortgages unaffordable for most people."
If those 20 million illegals just suddenly got up and left, many places of residence would come available to live in, once you fumigated the place and put some money into the place to fix up all the wear and tear illegals are known to do where they live. And of course when Kamala Harris was the tie breaking vote for the inflation riddled "Green New Deal", interest rates went up along with the prices of the houses. Thanks all to the "Recessive" policies of Biden/Harris.

JD Vance said migrants are the reason it's so expensive to rent or buy homes. He's wrong. If those 20 million illegals just suddenly got up and left, many places of residence would come available to live in, once you fumigated the place and put some money into the place to fix up all the wear and tear illegals are known to do where they live. And of course when Kamala Harris was the tie breaking vote for the inflation riddled "Green New Deal", interest rates went up along with the prices of the houses. Thanks all to the "Recessive" policies of Biden/Harris.
From what I've read, 22 million illegal aliens in the United States occupy roughly 6.5 million homes. This number includes mixed groups as well, and only represents about 5% of the housing market.

Many of them will stay in a single household, which I ran into when looking into an abandoned house in the late 1990s. There were about 40 of them under the same roof with mats on the floor. We were literally stepping over them to look at the house.

JD Vance said migrants are the reason it's so expensive to rent or buy homes. He's wrong. If those 20 million illegals just suddenly got up and left, many places of residence would come available to live in, once you fumigated the place and put some money into the place to fix up all the wear and tear illegals are known to do where they live. And of course when Kamala Harris was the tie breaking vote for the inflation riddled "Green New Deal", interest rates went up along with the prices of the houses. Thanks all to the "Recessive" policies of Biden/Harris.
Wow. Vance is smarter than I thought, I posted the same statement today myself. Of course adding 20M above your legal immigration by the way, be they students, green card.holders or regular migration impacts prices due to scarcity. You add the money the government gives them and you suddenly have new illegals flush with cash and in need of a home.

BI is a shitlib propaganda mill.

From what I've read, 22 million illegal aliens in the United States occupy roughly 6.5 million homes. This number includes mixed groups as well, and only represents about 5% of the housing market.

Many of them will stay in a single household, which I ran into when looking into an abandoned house in the late 1990s. There were about 40 of them under the same roof with mats on the floor. We were literally stepping over them to look at the house.
I saw the same things. Shelves in the closets for children to sleep.

Estimates of just how many houses we need in the US to meet demand vary widely, from just over a million housing units to more than 5 million depending on the article you look at and if they include apartments and/or condos.

So yeah, illegals are having an impact.

Biden dumped thousands of illegal aliens into Tampa, Florida and other Florida cities. They flooded and saturated the rental housing market.

In no time, the apartment rents skyrocketed like nothing I've ever seen in my whole lifetime ('m 78 years old). Apartments that were 6 or $700/month 3 years ago, are now $1500-$2000.

100-200% inflation. Insane.

It’s a combination of vast demand, bureaucratic roadblocks to construction and market uncertainty as well as a few other factors. Simply put, demand drives prices, scarcity increases prices, oversupply reduced them. I’m sure that in dying places like Detroit and small town rural America have very low housing prices.

Forum List

Back