Jeb Bush Blames GOP Congress, Not His Brother, For Bush-Era Spending

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) suggested in an interview Sunday that the crux of responsibility for out-of-control spending in Washington during the 2000’s was in the hands of the Republican-controlled Congress, rather than his brother’s initiatives as president.

Appearing on CBS’ “Face The Nation,” host Bob Schieffer asked the all-but certain 2016 GOP presidential candidate what he had learned from George W. Bush’s successes and mistakes in the Oval Office.

Bush pointed to his brother’s inability to keep “the reins on spending” but suggested that it had largely been the legislative body in Washington that had failed to control costs.

“I mean, because of the war and because of the focus on protecting the homeland, I think he let the Republican Congress get a little out of control, in terms of the spending,” Bush said.

Bush did not mention his brother’s own push for the Iraq war and the Medicare Part D prescription drug benefit, both of which cost the federal government enormous sums.

In terms of his brother’s successes, Bush pointed to the 43rd president’s success in “protecting the homeland” after the 9/11 attacks.

More: Jeb Bush Blames GOP Congress, Not His Brother, For Bush-Era Spending

Without the Iraq War of choice blunder - America's fiscal health would be much better. We are still paying for Bush-era actions and policies - and will be for a long time.

I blame Bush for the spending, one thing I didn't like about him. But compared to Obama he could be known as a saver of money.

NaziCons love to blame President Obama for our current national debt - so once again I ask the following question:

How much new debt has President Obama created that wasn't a direct or indirect result of Bush actions and policies?

NaziCons love to blame President Obama for our current national debt - so once again I ask the following question: How much new debt has President Obama created that wasn't a direct or indirect result of Bush actions and policies?
Then how much of Bush's debt was a result of Clinton's policies? 911

NaziCons love to blame President Obama for our current national debt - so once again I ask the following question: How much new debt has President Obama created that wasn't a direct or indirect result of Bush actions and policies?

As I recall, President Clinton left Bush with a balanced budget - and no new wars to pay for. Oh, and the Clinton Administration clearly warned the Bush Administration about an impending 9/11 - but Bush ignored the warnings. That is clearly documented.

As I recall, President Clinton left Bush with a balanced budget - and no new wars to pay for.
He left him 911.

Hebby has the Bush Two Step perfected.

bWRdH3KbXSdh9GJDcBVvjNQT4rCrkZ8zq07T2Z28-RCg7SyZCxwIi9fcd673Mtqn2hLjWsBA6x2hAcv-RCLczyRT8piTksMpbeRIYAhkqV59m35TUIvrA3kSA6n1YPHZMtn5ZQzfyMlFxdWk5TsJfbmGHooHMeM2DPSCbAb1XUU-JGM1hW8jAdelExRJlNsGvl7X0IY-Of5szATUIdIZ_slmYCFf1vKKyR1u5L5O--dDtiY=s0-d-e1-ft

As I recall, President Clinton left Bush with a balanced budget - and no new wars to pay for.
He left him 911.

South Carolina must be a very dumb place.

What is it with the left? They want big federal spending but they whine when it happens during a republican administration. Read the freaking Constitution. Congress signs the checks not the president.

What is it with the left? They want big federal spending but they whine when it happens during a republican administration. Read the freaking Constitution. Congress signs the checks not the president.

Yeah, but they had to pay for Bush's clusterfucks.

He left him 911.

6 and a half years and you blame Bush for Obama being a failure, but about eight months into Bush's presidency 911 happened and Clinton's weak policy in national security isn't to blame. We need to cut back your welfare, your buying to much alcohol.

Besides the bailouts that Bush started what has Obama done? He did get a trillion dollars to fix infrastructure, which he gave to the unions.

He left him 911.

6 and a half years and you blame Bush for Obama being a failure, but about eight months into Bush's presidency 911 happened and Clinton's weak policy in national security isn't to blame. We need to cut back your welfare, your buying to much alcohol.

It's still so hilarious that you NaziCons want to blame President Clinton for 9/11. That dog won't hunt.

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) suggested in an interview Sunday that the crux of responsibility for out-of-control spending in Washington during the 2000’s was in the hands of the Republican-controlled Congress, rather than his brother’s initiatives as president.

Appearing on CBS’ “Face The Nation,” host Bob Schieffer asked the all-but certain 2016 GOP presidential candidate what he had learned from George W. Bush’s successes and mistakes in the Oval Office.

Bush pointed to his brother’s inability to keep “the reins on spending” but suggested that it had largely been the legislative body in Washington that had failed to control costs.

“I mean, because of the war and because of the focus on protecting the homeland, I think he let the Republican Congress get a little out of control, in terms of the spending,” Bush said.

Bush did not mention his brother’s own push for the Iraq war and the Medicare Part D prescription drug benefit, both of which cost the federal government enormous sums.

In terms of his brother’s successes, Bush pointed to the 43rd president’s success in “protecting the homeland” after the 9/11 attacks.

More: Jeb Bush Blames GOP Congress, Not His Brother, For Bush-Era Spending

Without the Iraq War of choice blunder - America's fiscal health would be much better. We are still paying for Bush-era actions and policies - and will be for a long time.
"Veto...what's a veto?" Oh that's only for dem bills.

Besides the bailouts that Bush started what has Obama done? He did get a trillion dollars to fix infrastructure, which he gave to the unions.

Please provide "credible" proof of your claim.

He left him 911.

We have a 400 million dollar surplus, how is your state doing.

Forum List

Back