Jeb Bush: Next president should privatize Social Security

I've realized one good thing from this thread: The overwhelming majority of Americans and almost every single senior citizen will never let social security be done away with, so keep moaning and trying to blame seniors. ;)
Funny how you "realize" this when nothing you refer to is part of the conversation.
I never attempted to care about the conversation.

"I've realized one good thing from this thread"

lol

I've realized one good thing from this thread: The overwhelming majority of Americans and almost every single senior citizen will never let social security be done away with, so keep moaning and trying to blame seniors. ;)
Funny how you "realize" this when nothing you refer to is part of the conversation.
You said:

I've realized one good thing from this thread...

Nothing discussed in this thread has anything to do with what you "realized"; your claimed realization must, therefore, be a lie.

You said:

Nothing discussed in this thread has anything to do with what you "realized"; your claimed realization must, therefore, be a lie.
I may have worded it wrong, whatever.

We have developed 401ks and IRAs to encourage Americans to invest in the private sector for their retirement

These devices have replaced pensions in most companies. Social Security is the only source of dependable monthly retirement for most Americans

All Americans should be encouraged to have a retirement fund, Social Security and a paid off home to cover their retirement
"Dependable monthly income" ROFLAO!! WHen Obama threatened to withold checks, how dependable was it? A huge number of workers under 50 believe they will never see a penny of SS. The system itself projects its onw insolvency. That isnt dependable.
People need to be able to depend on themselves, not the government.

Yeah....walk into the nearest retirement home and tell folks with Alzeheimers' that "people need to be able to depend on themselvesmot the government's (Medicare and SS)......See how youll be cheered as a "hero."

We have developed 401ks and IRAs to encourage Americans to invest in the private sector for their retirement

These devices have replaced pensions in most companies. Social Security is the only source of dependable monthly retirement for most Americans

All Americans should be encouraged to have a retirement fund, Social Security and a paid off home to cover their retirement
"Dependable monthly income" ROFLAO!! WHen Obama threatened to withold checks, how dependable was it? A huge number of workers under 50 believe they will never see a penny of SS. The system itself projects its onw insolvency. That isnt dependable.
People need to be able to depend on themselves, not the government.

Yeah....walk into the nearest retirement home and tell folks with Alzeheimers' that "people need to be able to depend on themselvesmot the government's (Medicare and SS)......See how youll be cheered as a "hero."
Yes because everyone over 65 has Alzheimer's.
What a fucking dope

Could you imagine if they had invested all the retirement money before the disastrous GOP recession?

You said:
I may have worded it wrong, whatever.
No. You lied.
Or spoke from abject ignorance.
Decide, and let us know.

I don't suppose that anyone arguing in favor of privatization recalls that back when we actually had a budget surplus, and Al Gore suggested allowing people to keep part of their SS taxes in govt vetted broad based mutual fund like vehicles (which included blends of bonds, equities, commodities and real estate, with various mixes to NOT have people near retirement age in more volatile investments like equities) THE GOP IN ALAN GREENSPAN nixed the idea because it would "inflate" and and artificially change the value in markets

If you aren't self-reliant, you are a slave to whoever supports you.
Why do you want to be a slave?

Buying insurance is part of being self-reliant.

-You- related the necessity of SS to poor investment choices, in that it is necessary to cover people because you often do not know that your choices are bad until after yo make them.
Now you argue that SS is not there to protect people from their choices but from getting old.
Please decide which you want to argue and get back to me..
It would be better to do away with SS completely than to have a government program whereby you were required to invest in stocks and corporate bonds.
Who would be required to do that?

It would be better to do away with SS completely than to have a government program whereby you were required to invest in stocks and corporate bonds.

Other than government bonds which are backed by the exact same entity as Social Security, what else do you propose we allow people to invest in, in their privatized social security accounts?

He just lose the election right out of the gate. something's shouldn't be privatized...

SSI is one of them...

Supplemental Security Insurance? You mean welfare?

Well, I think we know how Matthew pays his rent - on the back of taxpayers.

Social Security is not SSI - Social Security is a retirement pyramid scheme based on the idea that there will always be more workers entering the workforce than retirees. OOPS. People pay into Social Security - unlike you SSI leaches who just get declared "disabled" and suck us dry.

I don't suppose that anyone arguing in favor of privatization recalls that back when we actually had a budget surplus, and Al Gore suggested allowing people to keep part of their SS taxes in govt vetted broad based mutual fund like vehicles (which included blends of bonds, equities, commodities and real estate, with various mixes to NOT have people near retirement age in more volatile investments like equities) THE GOP IN ALAN GREENSPAN nixed the idea because it would "inflate" and and artificially change the value in markets
You dont recall that the issue was the government would be making teh buy/sell decisions, giving them unprecedented power.
Typical of libs to spew facts selectively and leave out the crucial one.

Other than government bonds which are backed by the exact same entity as Social Security, what else do you propose we allow people to invest in, in their privatized social security accounts?
The issue taken here is your use of the term "required".
Why do you believe that anyone will be required to invest in anything under any plan to privatize part of SS?

We can add insurance to the list of things you dont understand.

The issue taken here is your use of the term "required".
Why do you believe that anyone will be required to invest in anything under any plan to privatize part of SS?

Where else would the money go, dipshit?

We can add insurance to the list of things you dont understand.
You are seriously retarded.

Forum List

Back