Jeb Bush Won't Talk About Wars His Brother Started

Here are the main topics that I hope Jeb is repeatedly grilled on:

1. His brother's wars.

2. His father's war (suckering Saddam into Kuwait).

3. Terri Schiavo.

4. His role in the 2000 Florida presidential election.

50% of which have nothing to do with him. I know the left is at the bottom of the scandal barrel, but that's pathetic.

You think sending thousands of Americans to the other side of the world to die over oil we never saw is a scandal?

Elliot Abrams: "The oil we get will pay for it" By "we" Abrams must have been referring to his international oil buddies.

How is any of that Jeb's responsibility? Using your apparent standard, Hillary has a LOT to answer for from Bubba's regime.

1. His brother's wars.

3. Terri Schiavo.

50% of which have nothing to do with him. I know the left is at the bottom of the scandal barrel, but that's pathetic.

You think sending thousands of Americans to the other side of the world to die over oil we never saw is a scandal?

Elliot Abrams: "The oil we get will pay for it" By "we" Abrams must have been referring to his international oil buddies.

How is any of that Jeb's responsibility? Using your apparent standard, Hillary has a LOT to answer for from Bubba's regime.

You described three major wars where many thousands of Americans got killed as a "scandal".

I don't give a rat's ass what Jeb talks about.

You are an idiot.

Jeb Bush won't talk about wars his brother started?

Well, yeah, no shit, Sherlock.

Would you betray your own brother to the howling mob?

Betray? Why isn't Jeb defending his brother's wars - rather than refusing to talk about them?
Anything he says - pro or con - will be misconstrued by Faction A or B - and it's all years in the past, and nothing to do with him.

I can't blame the guy for wanting to keep that old shit off his own personal scope.

In this country, we do not hold a man or woman responsible for the doings of his or her father or mother - or sibling, for that matter.

Or, at least, that was my understanding of the way things are supposed to work here.

Based on your logic - would you vote for Charles Manson's or Adolf Hitler's brother or son?
Are you equating George W. Bush with either Charles Manson or Adolf Hitler?

Can't do that. Manson and Hitler were both better communicators.
Touche'...

Republicans don't want George any where near their conventions for a reason. And what did he do wrong? He was only following GOP policies. He wasn't smart enough to see them as the failures they are. Now his brother is throwing him under the bus? Shameful.

Republicans don't want George any where near their conventions for a reason. And what did he do wrong? He was only following GOP policies. He wasn't smart enough to see them as the failures they are. Now his brother is throwing him under the bus? Shameful.

"Stand by, to repel Drama Queens, starboard !!! "
wink_smile.gif

small_the-ordeal-of-john-paul-jones-creof-the-bonhomme-richard-repelling-boarders-from-the-serapis.jpg

1. His brother's wars.

3. Terri Schiavo.

You described three major wars where many thousands of Americans got killed as a "scandal".

You are an idiot.

Again, what did Jeb Bush have to do with the Iraq war? Answer that question and you might begin understanding why you're making less logical sense than usual. Better yet, go back through the thread and try to comprehend that we're talking about things that JEB needs to answer for, not stuff other people have done.

Jeb Bush's 'Big Tent' Welcomes Iraq War Screw-Ups

This week, the 2016 campaign takes us back to Iraq as the media grapples with the emerging foreign policy philosophy and advisory team of Jeb Bush. The potential presidential candidate is laden with the burden of memory -- specifically, the memory of his brother's misadventures in Iraq. The early indication is that Jeb reckons he may as well turn into the skid. As the Washington Post's Philip Bump explains, "If Bush's goal is to present himself as his 'own man,' that list of advisers undermines the point somewhat: 19 of the 21 people on it worked in the administrations of his father or brother."

More: Jeb Bush's 'Big Tent' Welcomes Iraq War Screw-Ups

So, Jeb wants to be his own man? That's funny...and untrue. He's trying to blow some heavy smoke up our ass with the same old Bush family advisers.

1. His brother's wars.

3. Terri Schiavo.

I want to know about the heads-up he received prior to Lehmann Brother's collapse. He was an "advisor", closely tied to the brokerage but severed his relationship right before the collapse.

Lehman hires Jeb Bush as private equity advisor Reuters

Now, you tell me: what could Jeb Bush possibly contribute to merit status as an advisor to one the most powerful brokerages in the world?

Why on earth would he have to betray him?
He can either defend Shrub, which will please part of the Electorate, while causing part of the Electorate to howl.

Or he can condemn Shrub, which will please part of the Electorate, while causing part of the Electorate to howl.

Either way, it dredges-up old shit, and throws his brother to the mob once again.

Not to mention armchair-quarterbacking a sibling who has already taken a helluva lot of heat.

I wouldn't do it to my brother.

If Jeb has any character, neither will he.

Last edited:
And still the far left drones still ignore all of Obama's illegal wars..
When Bush did them, it was "Mission Accomplished". But when that mess was passed on to Obama, they are suddenly "illegal".

Why on earth would he have to betray him?
He can either defend Shrub, which will please part of the Electorate, while causing part of the Electorate to howl.

Or he can condemn Shrub, which will please part of the Electorate, while causing part of the Electorate to howl.

Either way, it dredges-up old shit, and throws his brother to the mob once again.

Not to mention armchair-quarterbacking a sibling who has already taken a helluva lot of heat.

I wouldn't do it to my brother.

If Jeb has any character, neither will he.
There's always the option of being honest, whichever way that sits with the voters. He was a strong supporter of the war and his brother's handling of it. Now he must answer for it. If it was the right judgement, he should be able to defend it.

Any chance of that happening?

He certainly must answer questions about PNAC, and it's thinly-veiled wish for another Pearl Harbor in order to change public opinion about Neo-Conservative adventurism, militarily, overseas.

1. His brother's wars.

3. Terri Schiavo.

You are an idiot.

Again, what did Jeb Bush have to do with the Iraq war? Answer that question and you might begin understanding why you're making less logical sense than usual. Better yet, go back through the thread and try to comprehend that we're talking about things that JEB needs to answer for, not stuff other people have done.
I think if one is running for president he or she needs to answer questions about what other people and presidents have done, brother or not. If asked question about what Lincoln would he be excused for not answering?

Keeping up that lie, huh?

Again, what did Jeb Bush have to do with the Iraq war? [...]
He was a founder member of the PNAC neo-con crazies who hijacked 9/11 as a new Pearl Harbor to start all this ME shit in order to keep the US as the only superpower.

That's why he doesn't want to discuss the past, because he was all for it.

edit...Oh I see that's been done.

...There's always the option of being honest, whichever way that sits with the voters...
Even if that comes at the expense of your brother? Unlikely. Unnecessary.

...He was a strong supporter of the war and his brother's handling of it. Now he must answer for it. If it was the right judgement, he should be able to defend it...
He was the governor of a State at the time and had (insofar as I am aware) zero input into the affair.

If that perception holds up under a closer scrutiny, then,, there is no need for him to answer for it.

A great many people supported the Iraq War during its early-to-middle going, including a great many Democrats, so, Jeb need not be held to a higher standard.

...Any chance of that happening?...
Options...

1. answer critics of his old Iraq War support, and dredge-up old shit that might reflect badly upon a beloved brother

2. remain silent on the subject because it was not his War and he is not responsible for the actions of his brother

My guess is, that he'll choose (2). I would. So would you, I'll wager.

...He certainly must answer questions about PNAC, and it's thinly-veiled wish for another Pearl Harbor in order to change public opinion about Neo-Conservative adventurism, militarily, overseas.
He must answer no such thing.

He can merely state that he believed in the principles by which that think-tank was founded and operated during its lifetime.

And, although it seems clear that various members and those influenced by that particular think-tank did, indeed, capitalize upon 9-11 (another 'Pearl Harbor') in order to get our defenses in-order and to let our military stretch its legs overseas again in a big way, there is no credible indication that such members and those influenced by it actually wished for such a catastrophe - merely that the think-tank's principles predicted that another 'Pearl Harbor' would be a catalyst for an otherwise long and dragged-out retooling and expansion of the armed forces.

Personally, I don't see Jeb as being obliged to defend the 'Pearl Harbor' catalyzing observation, given its basis in logic and subsequent factual developments.

But that's just me, and, perhaps, I'm missing something fundamental conjuring-up my own snapshot reaction.

Forum List

Back