Jeb! photoshopped onto black man's body in GOP SuperPac mailer? Very likely.

actually, if you think about it, this may have been planned.

the nets are all trump all the time, so jeb just created some buzz about himself and baited trump (easy pickens) at the same time.

pfft

nah, this is Jeb, no way he thought that out or hired someone to do so

File under: this is inexplicably weird. I doubt that Jeb! himself had anything to do with this, but this really IS weird.

There's Something Awkward About This Jeb Bush Mailer

At issue is this tweet, showing the mailer that went out:

View attachment 48001

See the left hand? It is black. See the shading on the underside of the right hand? It indicates a black hand.

Here is an enlarged view:

CM-ONseWwAAkqED.jpg

Back to the first link:

The group also tweeted the photo as a teaser for the mailer. Take a close look at Bush in the second photo of their tweet and you'll see that his left hand appears several shades darker than the rest of his skin.

Liberal news blog ThinkProgress accused the group of superimposing the GOP nominee's head onto the body of a black man, while TIME pointed out the background in the picture is actually a stock photo of Cedar Rapids.

"Time" has also noticed this:

Jeb Bush's Super PAC Has a Bad Photoshop Moment

Jeb Bush has fallen victim to what appears to be the first Photoshop fail of the 2016 campaign.

A super PAC supporting the former Florida Governor’s bid for the Republican presidential nomination released its first mailer to Iowa voters this week.

Right to Rise USA tweeted a picture of the inaugural mailing, which appears to show Bush posing in front of a bridge in what appears to be Cedar Rapids, the second largest city in Iowa.

But a closer look at the photo seems to show that Bush was actually superimposed on a a stock image of the city, while his left hand appears to belong to someone else.

Again, to note: Jeb! had nothing to do with this. A SUPERPAC that raises money for him did, and since they are by law not allowed to ask for campaign photos or the link, they probably decided to take some stock photos and do some photoshopping. I'm cool with most of that, but at the best it is shoddy attention to detail (who could possibly miss the left hand?) and at worst it is intentional pandering to minorities on a subliminal level.

Either way, it is very, very weird.

I would say this is the first photoshop-fail of 2016.

So, the guy who photoshopped the pic produced the real pic on twitter:

Paul Lindsay on Twitter

And here is the pic:

View attachment 48093

I screenshotted the pic and boxed in both hands. Yes, Two Thumbs - you were write and you get

5stars.jpg

from me. That being said, look at the shading on Bush's left hand in the photo that Paul Lindsay provided, and then look at the mailer pic again:

CM-ONseWwAAkqED.jpg

The color of the left-hand in the blown-up, superimposed pic of Jeb! is considerably darker than in the original photo. This means that the filters he used made it much darker and he was too stupid to see it. Also, the shading under Bush's right-hand is far darker and far thicker than in the original.

So, either way, it's a massive fail. Fail, fail, fail.
Mad Props to ya Stat.

Takes a manly man to post that.

I never said it was for sure. I just said it was very likely. But still, I was wrong and you were most definitely right. There is nothing wrong with being wrong now and then. It's part of the human condition. And I should have thought it through more. I've just never seen a real photo superimposed this badly before. What dafuq did the guy use, Win95 software?!?!?

But when it comes to numbers, I'm rarely wrong. You know why? Because there, I am impassionate. The numbers tell their own story. And right now, at this time, the numbers say across the board the Hillary is suffering, quite obviously over the Email thingy. This, however, can change again.

Remember President Dukakis after he beat Bush 41 by 10 points? I don't, either...

:beer:

or it could be a shadow.

naw, that makes sense, so lets go with photoshop

No hand of a white person is ever going to look that black just because of a shadow, and you well know that. Especially considering that that left hand is not even in a shadow.

That was just silly.

What is the point of all this? What conclusion do you draw from it?
threads all but dead, Stat posted that is was the lefts assumption of Jeb on a black man

Well well. Jeb appears to be morphing, don't you think so? Into what, it's hard to say. All those stories about Bill Clinton being his "brother from another mother"- now I understand what that could truly mean. What is going on here, America???

Forum List

Back