Jesse Ventura...fraud or moron?

He's a wrestler. Watch them when they take the microphone.

To my view, not much difference. :lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt7HjdtbeUk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt7HjdtbeUk[/ame]

Cursor research finds Ventura not as candid about his navy SEAL past as his spokesman claims

After ex-Navy SEAL officer Bill Salisbury challenged Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura's SEAL credentials in a December 2nd cover story in the San Diego Reader, available online at Cursor.org - Table of Contents page, the Governor's office confirmed that Ventura had been a member of an Underwater Demolition Team (UDT), and not an elite Navy SEAL. But, they argued that because the two entities merged under the SEAL banner in 1983, UDT's can now refer to themselves as SEALs, even though in Ventura's case, his active military service ended ten years before the merger occurred--not unlike a former American Football League player saying that he had played in the NFL because the two leagues are now merged into one. Another defense of the Governor was offered by spokesman John Wodele. In a December 14th interview with Minnesota Public Radio, Wodele assured listeners that Ventura never tries to mislead reporters or the public, and that he's careful to equivocate whenever referring to himself as a SEAL.

Click here to jump to the Cursor.org homepage

Contact Cursor editor for more information on this story.

Cursor research finds Ventura not as candid about his navy SEAL past as his spokesman claims

After ex-Navy SEAL officer Bill Salisbury challenged Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura's SEAL credentials in a December 2nd cover story in the San Diego Reader, available online at Cursor.org - Table of Contents page, the Governor's office confirmed that Ventura had been a member of an Underwater Demolition Team (UDT), and not an elite Navy SEAL. But, they argued that because the two entities merged under the SEAL banner in 1983, UDT's can now refer to themselves as SEALs, even though in Ventura's case, his active military service ended ten years before the merger occurred--not unlike a former American Football League player saying that he had played in the NFL because the two leagues are now merged into one. Another defense of the Governor was offered by spokesman John Wodele. In a December 14th interview with Minnesota Public Radio, Wodele assured listeners that Ventura never tries to mislead reporters or the public, and that he's careful to equivocate whenever referring to himself as a SEAL.

Click here to jump to the Cursor.org homepage

Contact Cursor editor for more information on this story.

exactly..

Last edited:
exactly..

I say fraud. I am a military man who has fought, and I have no respect for any form of control let to this man, for those who have such an arrogant ability to twist the truth to their favor should not, to my view, be granted any control over others.

I like how they slant ans slander this and imply that the did not train as navy seals and were not an elite group

Birth of Navy Seals

Underwater Demolition Teams (UDT) were an elite special-purpose force established by the United States Navy during World War II. They also served during the Korean War and the Vietnam War. Their primary function was to reconnoiter and destroy enemy defensive obstacles on beaches prior to amphibious landings.

In the mid-1950s, the Navy saw how the UDT's mission had expanded to a broad range of "unconventional warfare", but also that this clashed with the UDT's traditional focus on swimming and diving operations. It was therefore decided to create a new type of unit that would build on the UDT's elite qualities and water-borne expertise, but would add land combat skills, including parachute training and guerrilla/counterinsurgency operations.
These new teams would eventually replace the UDTs. The new force was the United States Navy SEALs. (SEAL for their ability to operate by "SEa-Air-Land".)
Underwater Demolition Team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

exactly..

I say fraud. I am a military man who has fought, and I have no respect for any form of control let to this man, for those who have such an arrogant ability to twist the truth to their favor should not, to my view, be granted any control over others.

Not saying he didn't serve his Country but he wasn't a SEAL. He should stop saying that he is. He's been botoxed so much, I don't think he can form the "oh" sound any longer though so I doubt he'll apologize.

Those of non combative military might easily see no distinction, but I wouldn't want this guy to be my bloody buddy when in combat. Doesn't matter anymore, a moot point as my day was long ago.

He might do well on the celebrity circuit, but he's simply a bag of air to me. However, this is only my view. (and others it would seem)

Yours can stand as well. It is arguable, but both sides are indeed arguable. In the company of combative military personnel, well you can probably discern what they think.

Because I know these facts already..unfortunately this is mainstream television and it needs to hold the attention and needs to be edit to a 20 min format so if a wide audience can be reached and the relevant facts presented I forgive Jesse for his dramatics
In your opinion Ventura lies to spread the truth?

He could easily fit the relevant portions on to the show...unedited. Yet he doesn't.

Why? Your reasoning is spurious.

name one thing that was a lie..other than your accusation
His show is purely propaganda. There is nothing honest about it. No attempt to find the truth, only an attempt to fool people.

in your opinion ventura lies to spread the truth?

He could easily fit the relevant portions on to the show...unedited. Yet he doesn't.

Why? Your reasoning is spurious.

his show is purely propaganda. There is nothing honest about it. No attempt to find the truth, only an attempt to fool people.

So you cant name anything and resort to your original vague generalization...I see

his show is purely propaganda. There is nothing honest about it. No attempt to find the truth, only an attempt to fool people.

So you cant name anything and resort to your original vague generalization...I see
It is his job to be convincing. For instance, he could play the entire interview with the woman from the 9/11 commission but he won't, because then you would have to conclude that his editing is misleading.

It is his job to be convincing. For instance, he could play the entire interview with the woman from the 9/11 commission but he won't, because then you would have to conclude that his editing is misleading.

who says he wont ?...and the answers to the questions presented should be what really concerns you ..this woman is a lawyer and a 9/11 commission member I am sure she is very capable of voicing and taking action if the answers to the questions were falsified through editing

He takes Willie Rodriguez at his word. Willie has been caught in more lies than anybody on this subject. So "The Body" isn't doing any real investigating. So the entire premise of the show is fraudulent.

In the Plum Island episode, its said that he is storming the island yet he never goes ashore. He claims that he is watched by DHS yet there is no visual of anybody paying the least amount of attention to him. These are lies.

In the half-truths department, its off the scale. At one point "The Body" says that [paraphrasing--I don't care enough to go back and listen for exact quotes], "I pay his salary. Where I come from, if you pay the salary, they work for you" when the Coast Guard is allegedly harassing them. Uh no, it doesn't work that way and he knows it.

One of his guests on the show recommends "nuking" plum island. Thats a level headed suggestion.

He repeatedly refers to it as a germ warfare lab. It isn't.

It goes on and on.

He's a liar, not a SEAL, and making a lame attempt to get some sort of ratings from his ravings. That doesn't seem to be working either.

Hey he must be more credible than Palin. At least he completed his term as governor.

He's very credible.what the OCTA'S cant get around is that he was in the navy seals and dealt with demolitions so he is far more credible source than the OCTA'S that come on and defend the 9/11 coverup commissions story that fires caused the collapsed instead of explosives.Ventura got out of politics because he saw how corrupt both parties were and how corrupt politicians were in washington and he wanted no part of it.Thats why he wisely stopped listenting to the corporate controlled media and did his own research with his own research team he has.

Forum List

Back