Jesus is God

Many people, including some Christians, refuse to believe that Jesus is equal with God. The Bible is clear about this. Jesus Himself said that "I and my Father are one." There is much controversy over what this means. Perhaps this will help clear things up.

I and my Father are one.—The last clause of John 10:29 is identical with the last clause of John 10:28 if we identify “Father’s” with “My.” This our Lord now formally does. The last verses have told of power greater than all, and these words are an assertion that in the infinity of All-mighty Power the Son is one with the Father. They are more than this, for the Greek word for “one” is neuter, and the thought is not, therefore, of unity of person, but is of unity of essence. “The Son is of one substance with the Father.” In the plural “are” there is the assertion of distinctness as against Sabellianism, and in the “one” there is the assertion of co-ordination as against Arianism. At recurring periods in the history of exegesis men have tried to establish that these words do not imply more than unity of will between the Father and the Son. We have seen above that they assert both oneness of power and oneness of nature; but the best answer to all attempts to attach any meaning lower than that of the divinity of our Lord to these His words is found here, as in the parallel instance in John 8:58-59, in the conduct of the Jews themselves. To them the words conveyed but one meaning, and they sought to punish by stoning what seemed to them to be blasphemy. Their reason is here given in express words, “because that Thou, being a man, makest thyself God” (John 10:33).
Show me one source in Tanach that might lead an educated Jew to accept that God and any possible physical manifestation of a human are one and the same.
Restrict yourself to the Tanach, because when Jesus was preaching, there was no NT.

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

The power of the Holy Spirit brought prophecy 1 Samuel 10:6

Many people, including some Christians, refuse to believe that Jesus is equal with God. The Bible is clear about this. Jesus Himself said that "I and my Father are one." There is much controversy over what this means. Perhaps this will help clear things up.

I and my Father are one.—The last clause of John 10:29 is identical with the last clause of John 10:28 if we identify “Father’s” with “My.” This our Lord now formally does. The last verses have told of power greater than all, and these words are an assertion that in the infinity of All-mighty Power the Son is one with the Father. They are more than this, for the Greek word for “one” is neuter, and the thought is not, therefore, of unity of person, but is of unity of essence. “The Son is of one substance with the Father.” In the plural “are” there is the assertion of distinctness as against Sabellianism, and in the “one” there is the assertion of co-ordination as against Arianism. At recurring periods in the history of exegesis men have tried to establish that these words do not imply more than unity of will between the Father and the Son. We have seen above that they assert both oneness of power and oneness of nature; but the best answer to all attempts to attach any meaning lower than that of the divinity of our Lord to these His words is found here, as in the parallel instance in John 8:58-59, in the conduct of the Jews themselves. To them the words conveyed but one meaning, and they sought to punish by stoning what seemed to them to be blasphemy. Their reason is here given in express words, “because that Thou, being a man, makest thyself God” (John 10:33).

Jesus did not speak Greek and John is not a reliable source.
He seems to have written his stuff long after jesus died----ie NEVAH MET HIM but is reporting like an eyewitness. His stuff is MYSTICAL interpretation-----why talk about it like its a CONCRETE reality? Jews certainly had a hard time KILLING people that they wanted to kill. Seems like they "wanted" to kill Jesus for at least 100 years.
That is nothing but your uninformed opinion. I have shown you what Jesus said, in the original language. And why do you say John is not a reliable source? You're going to have to back that up, if you want to be taken seriously.
What you clain Jesus said was only hearsay, as it was written several generations after the facts.

If Jesus is God, then who is described in the Old Testament?
If Jesus is not God, then whom do Christians worship?

If Jesus is God, then who is described in the Old Testament?
If Jesus is not God, then whom do Christians worship?
God is a spirit. That spirit comes into the temple not made with human hands when God pours his spirit out into the children of faith. Jesus told them and it still holds true for today worship in spirit and truth (not the flesh but God's spirit within. This happens in the mind). It is up to each individual to seek the truth, do as Paul and die daily to the carnal (hu)man and the precepts thereof.

There is ONE GOD. He is the God of all creation. The God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. Everyone has the same God. The only difference is whether one comes to Him through Christ Jesus.

There is one true God and many false gods. The god of the Jews is Satan. Jesus said the so-called Jews were of the synagogue of Satan.

There is ONE GOD. He is the God of all creation. The God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. Everyone has the same God. The only difference is whether one comes to Him through Christ Jesus.

There is one true God and many false gods. The god of the Jews is Satan. Jesus said the so-called Jews were of the synagogue of Satan.

actually----Jesus said that gentiles are pigs and dogs. It was a slip-----he did not really mean it--------he was referring to romans Your catechism whore made a mistake

Show me one source in Tanach that might lead an educated Jew to accept that God and any possible physical manifestation of a human are one and the same.
Restrict yourself to the Tanach, because when Jesus was preaching, there was no NT.

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

Rod, you're better than this...don't cherry pick a verse out of context.
It is obvious from reading the Chapter that God is talking directly to the Jews because he loves us.
Ignoring verses from God is an insult to God.

You have become a One Trick pony Bulletproof....As was Pointed out before Synagogue originally meant ASSEMBLY and was referring to Greco Roman ones at that not Jewish ones that still use that GREEK word today for their gatherings....Satan originally just meant Adversary so it is Christianity in all its forms(esp Roman Catholic) that is being ADVERSERIAL to Judiasm by foisting on us your man created image of Jesus (as found in the writings of the new testament) Pretty plain and simple you are just trying to muddy the waters and showing us you are not coming from the side of LIGHT(truth and knowledge) but Gross darkness (lies and folly)

You have become a One Trick pony Bulletproof....As was Pointed out before Synagogue originally meant ASSEMBLY and was referring to Greco Roman ones at that not Jewish ones that still use that GREEK word today for their gatherings....Satan originally just meant Adversary so it is Christianity in all its forms(esp Roman Catholic) that is being ADVERSERIAL to Judiasm by foisting on us your man created image of Jesus (as found in the writings of the new testament) Pretty plain and simple you are just trying to muddy the waters and showing us you are not coming from the side of LIGHT(truth and knowledge) but Gross darkness (lies and folly)
You should have posted that in BP's best language, Hebrew.

It is obvious from reading the Chapter that God is talking directly to the Jews because he loves us.
That is not cherry picking as you said you wanted a verse so I gave you one example and added a second for hopefully you and others would stop picking on this issue without actually knowing how it all works or how even a portion of it works. As you have already demonstrated anything that I would post here validating my faith in the Holy Spirit which by the way is of God not mortal men you would deny in the first place just like you deny these two examples here I have given you. If you ask me I will tell you Jesus Christ actually did walk in the flesh but I will also tell you that all of the saints of heaven already walked and did their part. It is part of the creation whether people call themselves Jews or Christians. The Old and New mesh together to serve God's purpose. I also know the moment I start sharing publicly what I have witnessed in the spirit that naysayers start their bs claiming that is false teaching whether they have ever walked or been in the spirit or not because they do not understand. I am not a theologian, have not studied the Bible intently like many say they have but I know what I have seen in the spirit is true and the Bible and other writings such as the Dead Sea Scrolls, The Book of Jasher and the Books of Enoch confirm what I have been allowed to see. Christian and Jews both on this forum do not like to hear when I tell them that they may be in error. There is no difference between Jew or Christian when it comes to whom I love and whom my Lord loves in the spirit. People bind and subject themselves by their worldly precepts because of their worldly thoughts. You say you are a Jew, then be a Jew cut the bs and walk in faith. Otherwise you are just another Timbrel in the parade of noise.

If people want to dance with the devil they have that right but they do not have the right to take others with them.

Last edited:

That is not cherry picking as you said you wanted a verse so I gave you one example and added a second for hopefully you and others would stop picking on this issue without actually knowing how it all works or how even a portion of it works. As you have already demonstrated anything that I would post here validating my faith in the Holy Spirit which by the way is of God not mortal men you would deny in the first place just like you deny these two examples here I have given you. If you ask me I will tell you Jesus Christ actually did walk in the flesh but I will also tell you that all of the saints of heaven already walked and did their part. It is part of the creation whether people call themselves Jews or Christians. The Old and New mesh together to serve God's purpose. I also know the moment I start sharing publicly what I have witnessed in the spirit that naysayers start their bs claiming that is false teaching whether they have ever walked or been in the spirit or not because they do not understand. I am not a theologian, have not studied the Bible intently like many say they have but I know what I have seen in the spirit is true and the Bible and other writings such as the Dead Sea Scrolls, The Book of Jasher and the Books of Enoch confirm what I have been allowed to see. Christian and Jews both on this forum do not like to hear when I tell them that they may be in error. There is no difference between Jew or Christian when it comes to whom I love and whom my Lord loves in the spirit. People bind and subject themselves by their worldly precepts because of their worldly thoughts. You say you are a Jew, then be a Jew cut the bs and walk in faith. Otherwise you are just another Timbrel in the parade of noise.

If people want to dance with the devil they have that right but they do not have the right to take others with them.
You cannot pick a verse out of context.
You wouldn't do that with a book, a TV show, a movie or even your mortgage contract.
You are being intellectually dishonest.
If that is the only verse in the chapter, then e-mail the site to remove the rest of the verses.

Huh? "The Book of Jasher and the Books of Enoch"
And they're not in Tanach.
In fact, there were millions of prophets whose prophecies were personal.
And by the way, Enoch became an angel.

Isaiah 48:18 Oh that thou wouldest hearken to My commandments! then would thy peace be as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea;

But of course, Christians always omit these type of verses.
Verse 16 is obviously a very humble Isaiah referring to himself as God's messenger stating that he, Isaiah, has been brutally honest with the Nation of Israel, despite delivering bad news, and will continue to be so.

But...JESUS!!!
It's hopeless.

You wouldn't do that with a book, a TV show, a movie or even your mortgage contract.
If that is the only verse in the chapter, then e-mail the site to remove the rest of the verses.
You asked for one verse I gave you one and put an extra in there just for good measure. You didn't like it apparently. We can put the rest of that chapter up here if you wish? Yet when we do that let's put the verses in the New Testament when Jesus talks about the Temple (meaning himself)....Humans are merely vessels, containers to hold the spirit and there isn't enough space or time to describe that all in a forum such as this without being contentious with the ignorant, the blind and the deaf so it is written in pieces and portions.

What is a Jew? Is it not one who walks by faith?

They are both well worth reading if one is ready for it. I did not read them until I started learning and studying what all the names in the Bible meant about seven years ago. I didn't have Internet here then so I had to depend on the lexicons I had on hand and the holy spirit to tell me and explain to me what things meant.

Isaiah 48:18 Oh that thou wouldest hearken to My commandments! then would thy peace be as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea;

Verse 16 is obviously a very humble Isaiah referring to himself as God's messenger stating that he, Isaiah, has been brutally honest with the Nation of Israel, despite delivering bad news, and will continue to be so.

But...JESUS!!!
It's hopeless.
"Hopeless", Surely not. Eventually the hook or web, net catches them sometimes it is a matter of rounding Galilee 'a circuit' a few times and some haven't been compelled to leave Egypt yet and others get stuck in Moab and do not know how to get out of there.

You asked for one verse I gave you one and put an extra in there just for good measure. You didn't like it apparently. We can put the rest of that chapter up here if you wish? Yet when we do that let's put the verses in the New Testament when Jesus talks about the Temple (meaning himself)....Humans are merely vessels, containers to hold the spirit and there isn't enough space or time to describe that all in a forum such as this without being contentious with the ignorant, the blind and the deaf so it is written in pieces and portions.

They are both well worth reading if one is ready for it. I did not read them until I started learning and studying what all the names in the Bible meant about seven years ago. I didn't have Internet here then so I had to depend on the lexicons I had on hand and the holy spirit to tell me and explain to me what things meant.

But...JESUS!!!
It's hopeless.
"Hopeless", Surely not. Eventually the hook or web, net catches them sometimes it is a matter of rounding Galilee 'a circuit' a few times and some haven't been compelled to leave Egypt yet and others get stuck in Moab and do not know how to get out of there.
Judaism is a behavior based religion, not a faith based religion.

But...JESUS!!!
It's hopeless.

No NT proof as the NT did not exist when Jesus was "preaching".
Even The NT does use itself to prove anything.
You know you have a problem when you have to reference the work that's referencing the original work.

In your opinion?

I believe you are in error as my friends who are Jewish who were looking to understand their own visions and dreams even knew that believing in God and the words written by the prophets was believed by faith. The ancients all walked by faith. Even Buddha walk out of his palace in faith trying to find the answers to life but many Buddhist do not know or understand that history. Perhaps you are not standing in the right place so God brought along some adversaries to get your ire up to get you or someone else to do that extreme self examination.

But...JESUS!!!
It's hopeless.

You know you have a problem when you have to reference the work that's referencing the original work.
The spirit and history verifies both the New Testament and Old Testament for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear.

In your opinion?

I believe you are in error as my friends who are Jewish who were looking to understand their own visions and dreams even knew that believing in God and the words written by the prophets was believed by faith. The ancients all walked by faith. Even Buddha walk out of his palace in faith trying to find the answers to life but many Buddhist do not know or understand that history. Perhaps you are not standing in the right place so God brought along some adversaries to get your ire up to get you or someone else to do that extreme self examination.

But...JESUS!!!
It's hopeless.

The spirit and history verifies both the New Testament and Old Testament for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear.
Your friends are psychotic...
Avraham walked before God and...
Chapter 18 (read the whole chapter), verse
19 For I have known him, to the end that he may command his children and his household after him, that they may keep the way of the LORD, to do righteousness and justice; to the end that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which He hath spoken of him.'

Avraham kept the Commandments before they were given at Mount Sinai.
I do not study the commentaries of post Temple Rabbis or Jews who claim to have visions.
"Visions" are for Christians, Muslims, Buddhists and Hindus, not Jews.
Jews deal with this world.

Faith, love and awe of God are a result of studying God's universe, of which learning and applying Torah are the most essential elements.

In your opinion?

But...JESUS!!!
It's hopeless.

Your friends are psychotic...
Avraham walked before God and...
Chapter 18 (read the whole chapter), verse
19 For I have known him, to the end that he may command his children and his household after him, that they may keep the way of the LORD, to do righteousness and justice; to the end that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which He hath spoken of him.'

Avraham kept the Commandments before they were given at Mount Sinai.
I do not study the commentaries of post Temple Rabbis or Jews who claim to have visions.
"Visions" are for Christians, Muslims, Buddhists and Hindus, not Jews.
Jews deal with this world.

Faith, love and awe of God are a result of studying God's universe, of which learning and applying Torah are the most essential elements.
You are free to limit yourself to think that the spirit does not rule over the hearts of mankind and that is all the farther you need to go. I have faith that if the lord desires that can be changed in a moment within you.

Forum List

Back