Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Atra.hasis, enuma elish, and the epic of Gilgamesh. Those are the source of the ot.
Show me signs before those. And they give the origin stories of your ot.

nope
Remember, it's the telephone game back then. Word to ear.

back when?-------writing in Mesopotamia was not a singular innovation.----
you are far too impressed with the "this is the earliest we found as yet uneaten
by the family dog"
Those are the origin texts of the ot.

Shows it was plagerised.

Last edited:
I mean what do you want to prove after that? It's obviously copied from a civilization 2000 years before the ot.

So you can believe in Jesus, and I'm cool with that. But the ot? Heck no!

I also have have problems with Jesus and God. Because they should never have allowed the attrocites that happened under their rule.

Last edited:
It's alright though. That's how it goes.

Last edited:
I mean what do you want to prove after that? It's obviously copied from a civilization 2000 years before the ot.
So you agree with me that the account of Genesis is an allegorical account of history and wisdoms that were passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years.

Good for you.

I also have have problems with Jesus and God. Because they should never have allowed the attrocites that happened under their rule.
So you believe that they should have controlled every action?

Is that how you would have preferred to experience the material world?

I think I’d rather experience the good and the bad. Roller coasters are much more excitement and fun than merry go rounds.

So you agree with me that the account of Genesis is an allegorical account of history and wisdoms that were passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years.

Good for you.
I wouldn't call it wisdom, but it was fact that was telephoned down for 2000 years orally. And became different when someone was genius enough to make a money making religion out of it.

You will never find a common ground. With any society.

You will always disagree.

What's the purpose of it?

Good for you.
I wouldn't call it wisdom, but it was fact that was telephoned down for 2000 years orally. And became different when someone was genius enough to make a money making religion out of it.
Stop being silly. The answers to the origin questions and the nature of man absolutely qualify as wisdoms.

Your problem is that you have never given any serious thought to what they passed down. Zero. Nada. Zip.

And it was more like 3,000 years that these allegorical accounts of historical events and selected wisdoms were passed down orally from generation to generation before they were recorded into texts.

And they didn’t become different either. Here is what they have always been.

1. God created existence
2. Everything he created is good
3. What he created was done in steps
4. Man is a product of that creation
5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation
6. Man is made in God’s image in that he is a being which knows and creates
7. Man was told to go forth and be fruitful
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
9. Man knows right from wrong
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
11. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success
12. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure
13. Pass it down to the next generation

I'm good with doing the right thing.
Did you do it?
Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t.

I’m not like you and hobelim and GreatestIam and BreezeWood.
Yeah, I know. No worries. I don't think we'll find a common ground. But that's something you have to think about for your future.
I think about it every day. I may not be a saint but I have a notion that I should try to become one, which is a sight better than you because you have no such notion for yourself.

You will never find a common ground. With any society.

You will always disagree.

What's the purpose of it?
Wrong. It’s a journey. In fact, early Christians referred to it as The Way.

It’s not a straight line. Life is messy. Life is complicated but all things work for good and we are evolving in consciousness and conscientiousness. I don’t see how anyone can argue otherwise.

The purpose is to progress in consciousness and conscientiousness and to pass it down to the next generation. Even Darwin’s natural selection agrees with that.

Forum List

Back