Jewish war hero dies at 92

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
He was a man of war who contributed so much towards peace. He lead a battalion of lightly armed soldiers who captured Dhaka which resulted in surrender of Pakistan Army in 1971 saving millions of innocent lives.

---

Jack Jacob, a renowned Indian general, statesman and long-time prominent member of the country’s small Jewish community, died Wednesday in New Delhi. He was 92.

Jacob, who died of pneumonia at New Delhi’s Army Research & Referral Hospital, was the highest ranking military officer in the history of the Indian Jewish community and considered a national hero for his daring military campaigns.

The former chief of staff is best known for commanding India’s Eastern Army during the liberation of Bangladesh from Pakistan in 1971 and negotiating the historic surrender of Pakistani troops after the war. His 1997 book “Surrender at Dacca: Birth of a Nation,” is considered the definitive account of the Bangladesh campaign.

1971_Instrument_of_Surrender-e1452719525643-305x172.jpg

Read more: Jack Jacob, Indian Jewish war hero, dies at 92

my great grandfather------Name??? was in the army of emperor Franz Josef of the Austian Hapsburg empire-------He caught a bullet to his head-----he died about age
30------leaving a wife and ten children. His work in the army consisted of being a tailor. I was in the US navy-------did nothing much-----not at all heroic

how many palestinis child and woman killed by him?

Who? the dog abu mazen?. I have no idea nor do I know how many ten year old girls he raped------probably not as many as did the pig muhummad

General Jacob was a war hero. He commanded a battalion of commandos. He was a Colonel at that time. He was given order to get to the outskirts of Dhaka and wait till larger Indian army contingent arrived. But Jake Jacob went all the way and captured Dhaka at a lightening speed. He was up against Pakistan's entire Eastern Command. His campaign is to this date one of the best military campaigns in modern warfare. Israeli military museum has his uniforms on display.

I think you have no idea what you are talking about. I think you should shut up. You are simply throwing mud at a brave man who served his country and the humanity with honor.

General Jacob was a war hero. He commanded a battalion of commandos. He was a Colonel at that time. He was given order to get to the outskirts of Dhaka and wait till larger Indian army contingent arrived. But Jake Jacob went all the way and captured Dhaka at a lightening speed. He was up against Pakistan's entire Eastern Command. His campaign is to this date one of the best military campaigns in modern warfare. Israeli military museum has his uniforms on display.

oh----ok that's why Bangladeshi kids are taught that the entire 1971 reign of
Islamic terrorism in East Pakistan-------was REALLY A MOSSAD OPERATION---
--------now I understand. DA JOOOOS DID IT AGAIN. -------really----so I was told----just as Israel caused the turmoil in Syria-----NOW-------Israel caused it all in
East Pakistan in 1971. You should know------that the Indian (read that hindu)
army did all the barbarism stuff. Ask any USA Pakistani kid

I think you have no idea what you are talking about. I think you should shut up. You are simply throwing mud at a brave man who served his country and the humanity with honor.

sheeeesh VIK------you are such an innocent baby------something like MODI-----
making nice with the AYATOILETS-----convinced that they like him too.

oh----ok that's why Bangladeshi kids are taught that the entire 1971 reign of
Islamic terrorism in East Pakistan-------was REALLY A MOSSAD OPERATION---
--------now I understand. DA JOOOOS DID IT AGAIN. -------really----so I was told----just as Israel caused the turmoil in Syria-----NOW-------Israel caused it all in
East Pakistan in 1971. You should know------that the Indian (read that hindu)
army did all the barbarism stuff. Ask any USA Pakistani kid

You are wrong about Bangladesh. He is considered a hero there.

---

Bangladesh today mourned the death of Indian general JFR Jacob, who lead Indian forces during the 1971 liberation war against Pakistan and played a key-role in the surrender of Pakistani troops.

President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina issued statements mourning the death of the decorated Lieutenant General (Retd) Jacob, whom Bangladesh earlier honoured by conferring him with the "Friend of Liberation War Honour" award.

"Bangladesh has lost a genuine friend in his death," President Hamid said in his condolence message while the premier described him as a "valiant soldier of our Great War of Liberation".

Bangladesh mourns General Jacob's death

There is no need to badmouth anyone including Iranian clerics. This thread is to honor a great soldier who saved millions of innocent Bangladeshis. Let us focus on him.

As far as Pakistani military is concerned, it was quite uncomfortable for them to deal with a defeat dealt by a battalion of Hindus lead by a Jew.

There is no need to badmouth anyone including Iranian clerics. This thread is to honor a great soldier who saved millions of innocent Bangladeshis. Let us focus on him.

As far as Pakistani military is concerned, it was quite uncomfortable for them to deal with a defeat dealt by a battalion of Hindus lead by a Jew.

Poor babies. 1971 was a very interesting year for me-----young, short and naïve-----my weekend college time job brought me into contact with LOTS of young
Pakistanis and Indians------I heard all about the evil actions of the INDIAN ARMY
in East Pakistan------INSTIGATED BY MOSSAD. Some things never change.
SHEEEEEEEEESH what did India have against the impoverished people of
East Pakistan? I am still not sure why Israel wanted India to move in on
East Pakistan-------there AIN't NUTHIN' THERE. And now Israel is doing it to
SYRIA !!!!!!! Well----the AYATOILETS never got over it

He had nothing to do with Palestine or Israel.
thank you.only you answered to my question

not really true-----the INDIAN jews are intensely ZIONISTIC-----------
For your interest -----unlike the MUSLIMS of Mumbai-----the Jews
of Mumbai get along very well with the Zoroastrians of Mumbai----
who fled Islamic persecution in Iran-----in fact many of the jews of
Mumbai also are descended from people who fled Iran-----others---
generally from Islamic persecution in Iraq------centuries ago.
Their cuisine is really nice-------kinda Iranian/Iraqi/Indian

Poor babies. 1971 was a very interesting year for me-----young, short and naïve-----my weekend college time job brought me into contact with LOTS of young
Pakistanis and Indians------I heard all about the evil actions of the INDIAN ARMY
in East Pakistan------INSTIGATED BY MOSSAD. Some things never change.
SHEEEEEEEEESH what did India have against the impoverished people of
East Pakistan? I am still not sure why Israel wanted India to move in on
East Pakistan-------there AIN't NUTHIN' THERE. And now Israel is doing it to
SYRIA !!!!!!! Well----the AYATOILETS never got over it

General Jacob was born an Indian and he died an Indian. He played a major role in paving good ties between India and Israel. That is the only relation he had with Israel. After he retired from Indian Army, he served as governors of two Indian states on the ticket of the same political party PM Modi belongs to.

You are right though, 1971 was very interesting time.

He had nothing to do with Palestine or Israel.
thank you.only you answered to my question

not really true-----the INDIAN jews are intensely ZIONISTIC-----------
For your interest -----unlike the MUSLIMS of Mumbai-----the Jews
of Mumbai get along very well with the Zoroastrians of Mumbai----
who fled Islamic persecution in Iran-----in fact many of the jews of
Mumbai also are descended from people who fled Iran-----others---
generally from Islamic persecution in Iraq------centuries ago.
Their cuisine is really nice-------kinda Iranian/Iraqi/Indian

are you saying zionism=killing woman and children ?

+ how many indian jews?

Forum List

Back