Jobs & Unemployment: Request Info & Advice

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Can you collect unemployment if you quit your job?

Somewhat related, but, request for an opinion .....

If your job is putting the heat on you (and being ridiculous about it) trying to 'force your hand' to quit etc., is it best to just find another job and quit or make them fire you? They have not have grounds to fire you or really have no intention, but, perhaps the person "in charge" just wants to "f" with you .... what would be your strategy?

You cannot collect unemployment benefits if you quit your job.

Is this one of those reasons that your husband likens you to a black person?

If your job is putting the heat on you (and being ridiculous about it) trying to 'force your hand' to quit etc., is it best to just find another job and quit or make them fire you? They have not have grounds to fire you or really have no intention, but, perhaps the person "in charge" just wants to "f" with you .... what would be your strategy?

The answer is no. If they are trying to force you to quit. Maybe you need to talk to your boss...and find out why? Finding yourself to fire you is not a good idea bcoz this will go to your record. Or while they are messing with you try to find another job. When you got the new job. You can tell your boss "take this job and shove it". Lol...
Don't do that either bcoz you don't want to burn your bridges.

You also cannot collect unemployment benefits if you are fired "for cause". So if you are let go because there is something else going on that you are not telling us then you may still be fucked.

Usually not. However, some states allow it if you quit for reasons like unsafe work conditions, doctor's advice, and you made every attempt to keep your job. Check your state eligibility requirements.

The state east of me, if you quit your job, you can collect benefits....but there is a waiting period. IF the people you worked for does not contest you receiving unemployment.

Shadow 355

You cannot collect unemployment benefits if you quit your job.

Is this one of those reasons that your husband likens you to a black person?

No I'm a good worker, baby. But only when people leave me the fuck alone.....

The answer is no. If they are trying to force you to quit. Maybe you need to talk to your boss...and find out why? Finding yourself to fire you is not a good idea bcoz this will go to your record. Or while they are messing with you try to find another job. When you got the new job. You can tell your boss "take this job and shove it". Lol...

I'm excellent at my job, but, they don't like my rogue way of working.
They want me to "fall in line" - I get away with a lot because of my quickness and detail so the woman in charge now wants to stick her nose in and shake up my game..

You also cannot collect unemployment benefits if you are fired "for cause". So if you are let go because there is something else going on that you are not telling us then you may still be fucked.

We'll see how it shakes out. I'm too lazy to do too much homework around it....

They want me to "fall in line" - I get away with a lot because of my quickness and detail so the woman in charge now wants to stick her nose in and shake up my game..
Translation: Bonzi is being insubordinate.

I'm good enough to get away with it - unless I run into jealous old ass ugly bitches.... who want to take me down a peg.... fuck 'em

The bigger the company the more like government it will be. Seniority, rules, regulations all will take priority over accomplishments or results. If I was you I would start my own business or find a smaller company that can't afford the inefficiency of office politics.

I'm good enough to get away with it - unless I run into jealous old ass ugly bitches.... who want to take me down a peg.... fuck 'em

What do you do for a living? If you don't mind.

Ironically, low end administrative work. But I'm well compensated for what I do and I work from home.
I would like to and know I can do more, but lack the motivation - but I'll probably be quickly motivated if they get rid of me - they call me on ticky tack stuff (this has only been going on for the last 3-4 months) - I've been with the company for nearly 10 years.... I've been through various leadership and staff changes etc. so.

I'm really not that worried. It's just a hassle..... I have a college degree etc. I'm working well below my ability etc.

The bigger the company the more like government it will be. Seniority, rules, regulations all will take priority over accomplishments or results. If I was you I would start my own business or find a smaller company that can't afford the inefficiency of office politics.

I've been looking for sometime - I'd love to start my own business but really have to get motivated and read for the work involved.... and I need to know what I'm going to do...

Thought about a "virtual assistant" business.... will have to start thinking more seriously about it.

Like romantic relationships, I really prefer not to be somewhere where I am not wanted or appreciated anyway....

I've been looking for sometime - I'd love to start my own business but really have to get motivated and read for the work involved.... and I need to know what I'm going to do...

Thought about a "virtual assistant" business.... will have to start thinking more seriously about it.

Like romantic relationships, I really prefer not to be somewhere where I am not wanted or appreciated anyway....
If your lazy, self employment is not for you....

Did your drinking possibly interfere where you don't think it did? Maybe it's lousy to bring it up, but you did put it out there. How is the quitting going, by the way?

Ironically, low end administrative work. But I'm well compensated for what I do and I work from home.
I would like to and know I can do more, but lack the motivation - but I'll probably be quickly motivated if they get rid of me - they call me on ticky tack stuff (this has only been going on for the last 3-4 months) - I've been with the company for nearly 10 years.... I've been through various leadership and staff changes etc. so.

I'm really not that worried. It's just a hassle..... I have a college degree etc. I'm working well below my ability etc.

If your lazy, self employment is not for you....

I just need to do something I love, like post on here.
But they don't pay well for that.....

Did your drinking possibly interfere where you don't think it did? Maybe it's lousy to bring it up, but you did put it out there. How is the quitting going, by the way?

Good, no problem so far. It's always tempting.
Trust me, many days I just want to throw in the towel... tired of fighting, just want to live, not struggle every day and I'm not just talking about drinking....

Believe it or not, I'm a pretty happy person, but when the going gets tough I fold like a cheap suit....

Forum List

Back