Jodi Arias Penalty

I'm actually watching a Dr. Drew episode right now that they are having supporters call in.

Donovan thinks Jodi is a genius, artistic, compassionate - did I say compassionate? Compassionate.

Well, you have "Crazy-as-they-want thought processes", who put money in her commissary fund, and then Arias distributed the crumbs that she didn't want to other inmates. She played hotshot. So within that context, she probably seemed generous to the others in the jail, but she likely did it to gain favor and a following.

Last edited:
I just read on Websleuths, that AZlawyer said there is no such thing as a deal and that if they forgo the penalty phase then the judge decides...?

I'd have to research it more but I think the way it usually works is they can work out a deal between whats still on the table (life,lwop) but the judge doesn't necessarily follow the suggestion? But usually a deal is reached before a guilty verdict there is nothing for her to plead to at this point right? And if she accepts it does she still have appeals?

I believe the websleuths guy is correct, they either pursue a re-trial on dp or they don't and it kicks to the judge for sentencing.

In any event, I think Juan and his office need to put their faith in Judge Sherry and give it to her and forget re-trial, she's not going to grant parole, I'd bet my bottom rep she'll do lwop. Remember a looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg time ago I said bad idea to keep pissing off and frustrating the judge with delaying her and the jury and other bullshit?

Yep, this is why.

The way I am reading it says LWOP or Death are only options for M1 now but JA was grandfathered into the old statute so she still has LWP option

I'm actually watching a Dr. Drew episode right now that they are having supporters call in.

Well that ought to be better than the headstand re-enactment. I went on that Jodi innocent site once, for about 2 minutes.

Donovan thinks Jodi is a genius, artistic, compassionate - did I say compassionate? Compassionate.

That pretty much tells us what Donovan's IQ is. :eusa_silenced:

Attachments

• $Idiot Scale.JPG
    $Idiot Scale.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 18
My opinion only, but from what I have seen, the strongest supporters of Arias seem to be women cheated on by players or unceremoniously dumped by them. There was no science involved in my opinion, just anecdotal evidence from reading commenters across the internet. That, or guys who have the hots for her.

The way I am reading it says LWOP or Death are only options for M1 now but JA was grandfathered into the old statute so she still has LWP option

Okay, I was wondering if I screwed that up.

Oh wait a minute so there is no parole in AZ So..."LWOP"...no eligibility for parole. In prison until death.
"Death"...no eligibility for parole obviously. In prison until execution or other cause of death.
"Life without the possibility of release for 25 years"...no eligibility for parole even after 25 years, unless parole is reinstated in AZ. Currently, there is no parole system in AZ for crimes committed after 1993. In prison until death or until the law changes re: parole.

I just read on Websleuths, that AZlawyer said there is no such thing as a deal and that if they forgo the penalty phase then the judge decides...?

I'd have to research it more but I think the way it usually works is they can work out a deal between whats still on the table (life,lwop) but the judge doesn't necessarily follow the suggestion? But usually a deal is reached before a guilty verdict there is nothing for her to plead to at this point right? And if she accepts it does she still have appeals?

Maybe. She was confusing me because she was saying something like Arias was grandfathered in to an older law where there was no parole? Go read that legal thread. My brain is fried with the heat.

I don't think the jury was instructed on lwp, I think JW had a tiz about it when the jurors came out during deliberations with the penalty question, but I don't think she got it and I don't think it was on the table for the jury.

However, if it's kicked to Judge Sherry, she does have the option of lwp after 25.

The day they went to lunch and JoJo called the trial after and delayed, she almost came across her bench and strangled her herself, she rolled her eyes at an AV answer to juror question, I don't think there's a chance in hell she'd give her parole after all the stunts in her courtroom.

Oh wait a minute so there is no parole in AZ So..."LWOP"...no eligibility for parole. In prison until death.
"Death"...no eligibility for parole obviously. In prison until execution or other cause of death.
"Life without the possibility of release for 25 years"...no eligibility for parole even after 25 years, unless parole is reinstated in AZ. Currently, there is no parole system in AZ for crimes committed after 1993. In prison until death or until the law changes re: parole.

That's what I thought. ?? Confused.

That pretty much tells us what Donovan's IQ is. :eusa_silenced:

Where did you find that? That was funny, but it was probably used as guide at some point.

The emoticon or what Donovan thinks, what Donovan thinks is here:
What kind of person supports Jodi Arias? | HLNtv.com

She said compassionate twice, just in case we missed it.

Well according to that lawyer there is no option for parole in AZ at this time so unless the law changes if she gets life there's no parole option for her either way. Now if the law changes and she got life and not lwop then she would be able to try for it. But at this time no.

Interesting read about solitary Voices from Solitary: A Sentence Worse Than Death

Forum List

Back